An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chain Reaction, Potiental Catholics

littleflower+JMJ

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Jun 11 2004, 09:20 PM'] I had an interesting experience this evening ... I went to a wedding and ran into a couple who I've not seen for a while but who are good friends ... we were catching up, and the husband told me they are seriously considering Catholicism. I was amazed! I had no idea they were considering it. I wish we could've sat down and talked for hours on end much more seriously, but we couldn't so we'll have to e-mail back and forth instead (they live a ways away).

But yes, it was good to see them, and good to here of where they are on their journey. Ha ha ... I almost didn't go to the wedding, but I'm SO glad I did. [/quote]
:o That's [i]so[/i] exciting!!! I wish that would happen to me... :(

crusader1234

im a cradle born, but crusader_4's initiation, although it didnt bring me back to the church since i never left, fueled my faith... and now his mom is converting. i was one of the first people to tell him abuot being catholic though way back when so im going to take partial credit for the whole thing hahaha

St. Catherine

I ‘d say conversions come in groups. When I was in RCIA I invited a friend to come with me. She converted with me. Then a couple of years later my step-mom and my sister went through RCIA and converted. We are still working on my youngest sister and my dad.

daugher-of-Mary

My mom said she would NEVER become Catholic, but she was received into the Church a year after my dad. ^_^ Right now, my brother is taking instruction, and we're praying for the other kids.

Mickey's_Girl

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Jun 11 2004, 09:20 PM'] I had an interesting experience this evening ... I went to a wedding and ran into a couple who I've not seen for a while but who are good friends ... we were catching up, and the husband told me they are seriously considering Catholicism. I was amazed! I had no idea they were considering it. I wish we could've sat down and talked for hours on end much more seriously, but we couldn't so we'll have to e-mail back and forth instead (they live a ways away).

But yes, it was good to see them, and good to hear of where they are on their journey. Ha ha ... I almost didn't go to the wedding, but I'm SO glad I did. [/quote]
Hey Soj--do I know these people? PM or email me if so. :)

MG