An Old School Catholic Message Board

An Unexpected And Surprising Letter...

In The Arms of The Lord

In The Arms of The Lord

Praised be Jesus Christ!

I came back from the Monastery i'm discerning with about a month ago, and I was aksed to write once a month and keep Mother updated with everything as she had decided that I could enter in the Spring of next year. Today I received a letter, and was quite anxious to open it, because I had already received her letter reply from my monthly letter, so I was wondering what this could be? Well, she stated how she has been praying about my desire for entrance, and she and the community believe that it would be better if I entered sooner than Spring; to enter sometime in December. With the approval of the priest I am talking with and if I feel prepared, that I should apply to enter for December. It came as a surprise and shock when I read this letter. I'm meeting with Father on the 5th of next month, and now have this to talk to him about. Since the letter I have been thinking about being prepared and what it means. I am praying that I see and know what I have to, to know if I should enter in December or wait. The more I think about and read her letter, I just know it means something and I hope the right decision is made. I know that I am the one to make this decision. I ask myself what am I waiting for but to give myself to Jesus in the religious life? I do not want to keep Him waiting.

Wow, prayers for your discernment from me too! :pray:

[quote name='DameAgnes' timestamp='1285640536' post='2176369']
Continued prayers! Without going into specifics, are you Dominican, Carm, Benedictine, Passionist, Trappist, Brigitine, etc? :clapping: ?
[/quote]

She's Carm :like: or rather OCD (and no, not obsessive compulsive disorder :hehe:)

I would say....

if neither you nor your spiritual director finds any reason [i]not[/i] to enter in December,

Go for it!

I know that you were mentally prepared for a longer wait, but, hey, they're inviting, and you want to go, so.....

I also know that the whole 'last Christmas with my family' thing can be something you would have been looking forward to or prepping for, so it might be a bit disappointing to leave early in that sense. You do probably want to have peace about your decision, so keep praying on it and see what happens!

In The Arms of The Lord

Thank you all for your prayers, they mean much during this time. I'll be talking to Reverend Mother this morning on the phone.

I don't mind saying for all that would like to know, that this community I may be entering is the Carmelites in Elysburg, PA. A little history: They came from Nebraska last year because they had so many sisters, and I believe from the constitutions of Saint Teresa, that in a Discalced Carmelite community the limit is 21.

Christmas with my family of course would be nice, and though we were all looking forward to it, my parents are supportive and this is a sacrifice that I will make if I must be there in December. I think of any reason I have to say no about December, but there is no reason. Beyond the anxiety I have at times about the sacrifice, there is a deep joy because I don't believe i'm waiting for anything else but to enter.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' timestamp='1285676973' post='2176421']
Thank you all for your prayers, they mean much during this time. I'll be talking to Reverend Mother this morning on the phone.

I don't mind saying for all that would like to know, that this community I may be entering is the Carmelites in Elysburg, PA. A little history: They came from Nebraska last year because they had so many sisters, and I believe from the constitutions of Saint Teresa, that in a Discalced Carmelite community the limit is 21.

Christmas with my family of course would be nice, and though we were all looking forward to it, my parents are supportive and this is a sacrifice that I will make if I must be there in December. I think of any reason I have to say no about December, but there is no reason. Beyond the anxiety I have at times about the sacrifice, there is a deep joy because I don't believe i'm waiting for anything else but to enter.
[/quote]

:clapping:

An absolutely [i]wonderful[/i] community!! I know a few newly ordained priests (and the seminarians, at times, too) from the Diocese of Harrisburg that love to go there often.

I also have a friend there!!!! But I'm such a terrible person that I can never remember her religious name... Sr. Juanita something, I think. I know I have her card somewhere...

But that's wonderful!! Continued prayers!!

:like: