An Old School Catholic Message Board

An Unexpected And Surprising Letter...

In The Arms of The Lord

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1285680106' post='2176434']
Wow thats incredible! Prayers for you and please remember us before His throne as well.
[/quote]

I certainly will. Thank you for your prayers, and you all have my prayers also!

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1285682897' post='2176439']
:clapping:

An absolutely [i]wonderful[/i] community!! I know a few newly ordained priests (and the seminarians, at times, too) from the Diocese of Harrisburg that love to go there often.

I also have a friend there!!!! But I'm such a terrible person that I can never remember her religious name... Sr. Juanita something, I think. I know I have her card somewhere...

But that's wonderful!! Continued prayers!!

:like:
[/quote]

They are a beautiful community! While I was there for my four day visit, I was able to meet one of the Fathers. I believe most of them that go there are from The Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter; as they have the Traditional Latin Mass everyday. Mother mentioned to me that priests' from different Orders come there to visit and have Mass for the Sisters. They come also to give the Sisters spiritual talks.

One of the Sister's will be making First Vows October 15th, and another is entering in two weeks, and if I heard correctly another just entered recently. I don't think it will be too long until they have 21; it seems to be happening there as it has been in Nebraska.

I did talk to Mother today, and I could be possibly entering December 12th, but nothing is set. I have to talk to Father about all this and get back to Mother. I did however tell her that I find no reason for waiting.

Edited by In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' timestamp='1285688624' post='2176447']
They are a beautiful community! While I was there for my four day visit, I was able to meet one of the Fathers. I believe most of them that go there are from The Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter; as they have the Traditional Latin Mass everyday. Mother mentioned to me that priests' from different Orders come there to visit and have Mass for the Sisters. They come also to give the Sisters spiritual talks.

One of the Sister's will be making First Vows October 15th, and another is entering in two weeks, and if I heard correctly another just entered recently. I don't think it will be too long until they have 21; it seems to be happening there as it has been in Nebraska.

I did talk to Mother today, and I could be possibly entering December 12th, but nothing is set. I have to talk to Father about all this and get back to Mother. I did however tell her that I find no reason for waiting.
[/quote]

So happy for you, and prayers coming your way!!!

I'm from the Diocese of Harrisburg originally (had to move to Archdiocese of Baltimore with my husband recently, however) so the Elysburg Carmelites, especially the current nuns there, are very near and dear to my heart. May God bless you abundantly as you follow His Will!!!

[/quote]

It is interesting to see you wrestling with entering early when so often the wrestling is because "I want to go NOW!" Perhaps the Lord is asking for a special sacrifice from you, or a particular sign of your willingness. I will pray that his purpose will become clear to you!

[/quote]
Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe!!!!

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='DameAgnes' timestamp='1285705953' post='2176525']
It is interesting to see you wrestling with entering early when so often the wrestling is because "I want to go NOW!" Perhaps the Lord is asking for a special sacrifice from you, or a particular sign of your willingness. I will pray that his purpose will become clear to you!
[/quote]

This is what I had in mind as well. My family and I were wondering where December came from? It seems random. I sense something deep within about this that has me believe that it is Him asking me. It fills me with a joy and excitement that is not my own.

Thank you all for your continued prayers!

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' timestamp='1285714522' post='2176572']
This is what I had in mind as well. My family and I were wondering where December came from? It seems random. I sense something deep within about this that has me believe that it is Him asking me. It fills me with a joy and excitement that is not my own.

[/quote]

I can see why you would have mixed feelings--however much you love religious life, you will miss your family at Christmas. But, what that says to me is that you love your family very much. And, how wonderful that your parents are supportive.

It feels to me that Advent would be a wonderful time of year to enter, and, as much as you will miss your family, it means you will get to spend Christmas with your new Community. From what I have read, every Community celebrates differently, but in every community it is a very special time. As the Community celebrates the birth of Christ, you can celebrate your "birth" as a Carmelite.

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' timestamp='1285676973' post='2176421']I don't mind saying for all that would like to know, that this community I may be entering is the Carmelites in Elysburg, PA. A little history: They came from Nebraska last year because they had so many sisters, and I believe from the constitutions of Saint Teresa, that in a Discalced Carmelite community the limit is 21.
[/quote]

Very cool! :joecool: We have a pretty long thread on them [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=104068"]here[/url] :smile2:

One of the Sister's will be making First Vows October 15th, and another is entering in two weeks, and if I heard correctly another just entered recently. I don't think it will be too long until they have 21; it seems to be happening there as it has been in Nebraska. [/quote]
Wow! But not surprised! It'll be a large novitiate. But that's great! More soldiers in God's army :crusader: for the salvation of souls!! :nun3:
I bet one of them is the girl in that one article .. [url="http://newsitem.com/news/new-bishop-comes-calling-1.862062"]New Bishop comes calling[/url]

Edited by Chiquitunga

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' timestamp='1285714522' post='2176572']

[/quote]
Maybe He wants you "home" for His birthday. :proud:

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1285725983' post='2176620']
Very cool! :joecool: We have a pretty long thread on them [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=104068"]here[/url] :smile2:

Wow! But not surprised! It'll be a large novitiate. But that's great! More soldiers in God's army :crusader: for the salvation of souls!! :nun3:
I bet one of them is the girl in that one article .. [url="http://newsitem.com/news/new-bishop-comes-calling-1.862062"]New Bishop comes calling[/url]
[/quote]

Yes she is one of them! Mother told me the story of how her and her mother wished to go without anyone knowing, I think this means her family and friends, and it so happend that she ended up in this news article; so it didn't happen the way she planned. She either is the one who already entered recently or the one entering in two weeks. I know one of them is 18 years old. Thank you for showing me the article; when I came back I was searching for it but couldn't find it.

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1285728448' post='2176632']
Maybe He wants you "home" for His birthday. :proud:
[/quote]

That is so sweet. :love: