An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's In Your Breviary?

TeresaBenedicta

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1288834142' post='2184571']
I have a prayer to spiritually adopt an unborn child in danger of abortion. Other than that and the ribbon markers... nope, nothing. Most of my holy cards are in a nice pile, or taped to the wall.

...is this supposed to reflect something about my character?
[/quote]
that you are definitely neater and more organized than me ;)

I have a Benedictine Breviary too! I have a St Benedict card, the Tyburn Oblate prayer card, a list of people I pray daily for in it and in the back there is my Dominican perpetual rosary enrollment card.

NovemberFourth

A Saint Michael prayer card. A perpetual novena to Saint Jude, the Litany of Humility and assorted extra bookmarks and page markers. :)

N4

I have to add one more (I just got this card yeserday) a divine mercy card - now which volume should I put it in? hm.....

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1288875358' post='2184684']
I have to add one more (I just got this card yeserday) a divine mercy card - now which volume should I put it in? hm.....
[/quote]
We'll be changing volumes soon I believe. I love switching volumes. Don't know why.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='coralieprincess' timestamp='1288890984' post='2184758']
Does anyone know if the change in the Missal will affect the Divine Office? Will we all have to go out and buy new breviaries?
[/quote]

Probably eventually... but not right now. As far as I know, there has been no work to re-translate the Divine Office.

I just have a couple holy cards in there right now, Our Lady of Grace and Our Lady of Lourdes .. though they are very beautiful and old-fashioned looking. This reminds me, I am making a resolution this Advent to start praying the Office again. I have been negligent in this for some time. In the past I've had an Ordo from my archdiocese and it really helped, but this year I didn't get one. So I'm all fired up now about getting the new one for Advent as soon as I can!
:bible:

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1288819386' post='2184465']
"Prayer to the Trinity," by Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity, a prayer card for the souls in purgatory, prayer to the Holy Face, and a funeral card for Fr. Dubay. There's also a poem my Godmother gave to me...[/quote]

Wow, that is so neat you have one of his funeral cards! Did you get to attend? What picture is on the card .. Our Lady of Mt. Carmel? That is wonderful how you knew him and he helped you with your vocation! :pray:

[quote name='Kathgirl' timestamp='1288876402' post='2184691']
We'll be changing volumes soon I believe. I love switching volumes. Don't know why.
[/quote]

I like switching volumes too! :)

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1288899803' post='2184861']
I had to look because it changes. A prayer card, and an old envelope I'm using as a bookmark.
[/quote]
lol yes so did I. I had no clue I had so much stuff in there!

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1288931022' post='2185034']
lol yes so did I. I had no clue I had so much stuff in there!
[/quote]

I know! I was looking through my stuff in the front of my breviary the other day and was surprised at what had accumulated there, which is what made me think of this thread...