An Old School Catholic Message Board

Acceptance Letter Recieved!

In The Arms of The Lord

In The Arms of The Lord

God bless you all; thank you! This is all so exciting. The acceptance letter was beautiful. Perhaps sometime soon I can type it up on here to share it.

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='ksterling' timestamp='1288982918' post='2185220']
Congrats - I am jealous. There, I said it - very uncharitable to be jealous - but I am. I am also so happy you found just the right place and am so longing to find the community that's right for me. Many prayers that this is truly where God wants you to be and that you are very happy there!

Kat
[/quote]

Thank you so much for your prayers. I probably won't be around to hear of the news of your acceptance to a community; but know that i'll be keeping you in prayer. I hope that you will experience that joy and peace of knowing where Our Lord wants you to be.

Edited by In The Arms of The Lord

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1288985276' post='2185232']
Congratulations!!! Wonderful news!! :nun1: the countdown begins to your entrance .. :pray:

For the Liber, we have an old one a priest gave my brother for free :priest: It is a really thick heavy book, loaded with, as far as I know, all the chant you'll ever need for the Traditional Latin Mass :harp:

So I'm not surprised the new ones are this expensive. I think the only new edition is the one published by Angelus Press. But keep in mind, as they are the publishing house for the SSPX, they are not in complete obedience to the Magisterium, despite what it says on their site. But [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=107414&st=20&p=2156960&#entry2156960"]here's[/url] a comment I made in an old thread, that puts things in perspective. St. John Cantius (I go there when I can .. It's beautiful!) also sells the Angelus Press Liber (as far I as I can tell .. I think this is the Angelus Press one) So I would buy it from them, the Canons of the St. John Cantius, who are in complete obedience to the Church, rather than directly from Angelus Press personally, although it's $4 more, http://www.cantius.org/go/webstore/product/1962_liber_usualis/

That is probably why Mother is recommending the Daily Missal from Baronius Press though, rather than the Angelus one .. but also because it's the one used by the FSSP. And yes, that's the right one. You can buy it directly from them too here, http://www.fraternitypublications.com/the-1962-daily-mi.html If you do, maybe when you order it there will be a place where you can write additional notes, and you can say you're entering the Carmel in Elysburg .. and they'll say an extra prayer for you! :pray:
[/quote]

Thank you so much for the information; that was all very good to know. I was kind of wondering about Angelus Press; thank you for letting me know. I just ordered the 1962 Liber from the Canons of the St. John Cantius (i'm happy to know that the money will go to the Canons), and the Daily Missal from Baronius Press. Thankfully this got done now, so I will have it by December.

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='Mariafrombrazil' timestamp='1288991257' post='2185261']
Hello, In the Arms of the Lord!

Me and my husband have the Baronius Press Missal you need and we'd like to donate it to you, if you have not purshased it yet.
Please, send me you adress and we'd be very honored to have a carmelite sister using this MIssal. It is the one you linked above, by Baronius, don't worry!

Wishing you the very best,
In Christ,

Mariafrombrazil (Patricia)
[/quote]

Patricia, may God reward you and your husband for offering me your Missal. You are so kind. I just got done ordering all the books I needed before I read your post. Thank you so kindly. God bless you.

Hinter dem Horizont

Congratulations! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]

The Carmelites are a wonderful order. As are the FSSP, which you mentioned. I am discerning to be with them or not.

I shall pray for you!

LadyOfSorrows

AHH!!! I am so excited for you! I'll keep you in prayer as you prepare for entrance. Thank you for all of the advice you have given me up to this point! :nunpray:

LaPetiteSoeur

To quote one of my catholic student songs: "God is a good God, o yes He is! God is a good God o yes he is! He lifts me up, he turns me around, he sets my feet on solid ground. He lifts me up, he turns me around, he sets my feet on solid ground. God is a good God o yes, o yes, He is."

Will be praying for you as you journey to your vocation!
And December 12, what a great week!
Dieu vous benisse!

IgnatiusofLoyola

Congratulations! The next month is going to be VERY busy for you! Whew! But, somehow, I think being busy is probably easier than those who have to wait months (or longer) before they enter, and the time seems to crawl by.

I know you will miss your family at Christmas, but what a wonderful time to begin your life with your new family!