Sternhauser Posted November 13, 2010 Posted November 13, 2010 (edited) Remember this, Catholics, as you travel through a major airport at this time of year. When you let yourself be put through the porno backscatter x-ray machine, detailed enough to tell if a man has been circumcised. And contrary to the TSA's original lie, they don't block out your genitals. You're as naked as the day you were born in that machine. But due to recent policy changes, the TSA will now be touching your genitals, and your children's as well, should you refuse to go through the pornoscope, or refuse to allow them to go through the pornoscope. Perhaps "It's for my own safety" is what you'll think to yourself as you submit. Remember this man as you go through the machine. Or step up and follow his heroic example. [i]This[/i] man protects his liberties, and by doing that, protects [i]your [/i]liberties. [url="http://johnnyedge.blogspot.com/2010/11/these-events-took-place-roughly-between.html"]TSA Encounter At San Francisco[/url] ~Sternhauser Edited November 13, 2010 by Sternhauser
Sternhauser Posted November 13, 2010 Author Posted November 13, 2010 [quote name='notardillacid' timestamp='1289688985' post='2186959'] So don't fly. [/quote] And when the Homeland Security ([i]Heimat Sicherheitsdienst[/i] in the original guttural German) is doing random searches of people walking down the street in 2019, you'll say, "So don't walk." ~Sternhauser
MissScripture Posted November 13, 2010 Posted November 13, 2010 [quote name='notardillacid' timestamp='1289688985' post='2186959'] So don't fly. [/quote] But then we couldn't whine about the big evil government taking away "liberties" that aren't actually liberties...
Sternhauser Posted November 13, 2010 Author Posted November 13, 2010 (edited) [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1289689660' post='2186968'] But then we couldn't whine about the big evil government taking away "liberties" that aren't actually liberties... [/quote] So true. Nobody has the right not to be viewed naked by the opposite sex if they want to get on a private commercial plane. Because nothing in heaven or on earth is more valuable than your physical safety. ~Sternhauser Edited November 13, 2010 by Sternhauser
Lilllabettt Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 enough is enough. at some point the terrorists have won.
dominicansoul Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 what does this "hero" propose airlines should do in order to keep flights safe from terrorists/terrorism? unfortunately, i believe terrorists can tuck explosives into their bums...so, although I hate the thought of being groped (and I won't be, because I NEVER fly these dayz...,) I don't have any idea how airlines are supposed to protect the millions who fly from terrorism and terrorists....this was bound to happen... how is this man a hero? Only because he went against TSA agents, and they just happen to be a government entity? to see things in a fair light, no one really has the right to fly...it's a privilege, and if you can't accept the terms of a private airline company, then you really don't have anything to complain about...
Sarah147 Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 Are you kidding? If I were to fly, someone could seriously "evaluate" that area of me, a woman? How common is this?
Lilllabettt Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1289701229' post='2187022'] if you can't accept the terms of a private airline company, then you really don't have anything to complain about... [/quote] The TSA is not a private airline company. It is a division of DHS. This is a concern for me because I fly in and out of DC. Like I said. At some point the terrorists have won.
Sternhauser Posted November 14, 2010 Author Posted November 14, 2010 [quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1289701370' post='2187024'] Are you kidding? If I were to fly, someone could seriously "evaluate" that area of me, a woman? How common is this? [/quote] At all major airports? It's not common, it's the standard[i].[/i] You have the option: either the pornoscanner or "enhanced patdowns." ~Sternhauser
Sternhauser Posted November 14, 2010 Author Posted November 14, 2010 (edited) [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1289701229' post='2187022'] what does this "hero" propose airlines should do in order to keep flights safe from terrorists/terrorism?[/quote] There's little anyone can do to keep people safe from a nearly non-existent threat, a threat less likely than you slipping and falling in your bathtub and dying. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka5FdP-gNF0"]Refuse the Terror[/url] A rather enlightening video about how ridiculous it is to fear terrorism more than a shark attack. Personally? I'd rather be turned into hamburger by a terrorist than be nanny-stated to death. Just me. [quote]unfortunately, i believe terrorists can tuck explosives into their bums...so, although I hate the thought of being groped (and I won't be, because I NEVER fly these dayz...,) I don't have any idea how airlines are supposed to protect the millions who fly from terrorism and terrorists....this was bound to happen...[/quote] It was bound to happen. For reasons other than what I think you're thinking of. [quote]how is this man a hero? Only because he went against TSA agents, and they just happen to be a government entity?[/quote] How is this man a hero? He stood up for his dignity and rights as a human being: two things that most people don't seem to recognize they have, these days. [quote]to see things in a fair light, no one really has the right to fly...it's a privilege, and if you can't accept the terms of a private airline company, then you really don't have anything to complain about... [/quote] I have a right to enter into any voluntary and moral contract I choose, without third parties butting in. Why would you think otherwise? And as Elizabett pointed out, the pornoscope and the enhanced groping techniques are not airline policy, but Statepolicy. ~Sternhauser Edited November 14, 2010 by Sternhauser
dominicansoul Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 if flying means to compromise one's dignity...then, I guess one has to decide on other modes of transportation... I drive everywhere...even cross country when I have to...I guess thats one way of standing up to those friggin' government agencies!
Sternhauser Posted November 14, 2010 Author Posted November 14, 2010 (edited) [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1289705760' post='2187046'] if flying means to compromise one's dignity...then, I guess one has to decide on other modes of transportation...[/quote] I guess you're right. But more people like him standing up for his dignity and rights will cause a backlash that may force the gropers and pornscanners to back down. I can't imagine a husband who would allow his wife and daughters get put through the pornoscope or the gropings. Disgusting. Unmanly. ~Sternhauser Edited November 14, 2010 by Sternhauser
dominicansoul Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 (edited) plus, I'm not giving hundreds of dollars to the airline industry...which is allowing itself to be over run by these government security agents ...kinda sad, though, cos when you think about it...the airlines have suffered after 9/11... Edited November 14, 2010 by dominicansoul
havok579257 Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1289701229' post='2187022'] what does this "hero" propose airlines should do in order to keep flights safe from terrorists/terrorism? unfortunately, i believe terrorists can tuck explosives into their bums...so, although I hate the thought of being groped (and I won't be, because I NEVER fly these dayz...,) I don't have any idea how airlines are supposed to protect the millions who fly from terrorism and terrorists....this was bound to happen... how is this man a hero? Only because he went against TSA agents, and they just happen to be a government entity? to see things in a fair light, no one really has the right to fly...it's a privilege, and if you can't accept the terms of a private airline company, then you really don't have anything to complain about... [/quote] i have yet to see the terrorists stick bombs in the private parts of 7 year old girls. yet the tsa agents have and will continue to inspect and pat down small childrens private areas. how is this ok? how is it ok the grope a 7 year old childs private parts?
havok579257 Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1289701229' post='2187022'] what does this "hero" propose airlines should do in order to keep flights safe from terrorists/terrorism? unfortunately, i believe terrorists can tuck explosives into their bums...so, although I hate the thought of being groped (and I won't be, because I NEVER fly these dayz...,) I don't have any idea how airlines are supposed to protect the millions who fly from terrorism and terrorists....this was bound to happen... how is this man a hero? Only because he went against TSA agents, and they just happen to be a government entity? to see things in a fair light, no one really has the right to fly...it's a privilege, and if you can't accept the terms of a private airline company, then you really don't have anything to complain about... [/quote] i agree its a privliage to fly and for the most part if you can't except there rules, you should not be able to use there services, but some rules are unexceptable such as: 1. forcing a women with nipple rings to take plyers and remove said rings before flight 2. forcing an 18 year old student to remove her pantaloons 3. forcing an old man in his late 60's/early 70's to stand in the middle of the airport with his pantaloons at his ankles in front of everyone 4. fondeling the private areas of small children 5. having male tsa agents fondle and grope the private areas of small female children 6. having opposite sex pat downs 7. taking pictures of people where you can see there naked bodies and saving said pictures for tsa agents to look at afterwards
dominicansoul Posted November 15, 2010 Posted November 15, 2010 i think we should boycott all flights. this will teach those airlines and government security agents~!!! NONE OF THIS IS ACCEPTABLE. MY SOLUTION IS NOT TO FLY!!! MAKE THESE IDIOTS PAY FOR THEIR GROSS SECURITY MEASURES... If people choose to fly, then, be ready to face these terrible consequences...it doesn't seem fair, but like i said, no one is forcing anyone to fly...
sixpence Posted November 15, 2010 Posted November 15, 2010 [quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1289766601' post='2187143'] i agree its a privliage to fly and for the most part if you can't except there rules, you should not be able to use there services, but some rules are unexceptable such as: 1. forcing a women with nipple rings to take plyers and remove said rings before flight 2. forcing an 18 year old student to remove her pantaloons 3. forcing an old man in his late 60's/early 70's to stand in the middle of the airport with his pantaloons at his ankles in front of everyone 4. fondeling the private areas of small children 5. having male tsa agents fondle and grope the private areas of small female children 6. having opposite sex pat downs 7. taking pictures of people where you can see there naked bodies and saving said pictures for tsa agents to look at afterwards [/quote] 1. may i ask where this information is from? 2. there is no reason to remove body piercings... these types of metals do not set off metal detectors... no one could possibly know you had them unless you told them or they strip-searched you... (i know this because of my ear piercings ) 3. may i ask where the original info is from? I have heard that these scans a blurred out....
Winchester Posted November 15, 2010 Posted November 15, 2010 You wouldn't be upset if your body wasn't in such hideous shape.
Tally Marx Posted November 16, 2010 Posted November 16, 2010 If being "safe" means that at some point I am going to have to live in A Brave New World sometime in 1984 along with the Shadow Children, then I would rather not be safe. I don't believe in surrendering my dignity, privacy, morality, and liberty for the sake of some perceived safety. And I strongly disagree with the government's "You can do this but..." mentality. "You can own this beautiful property in the country, but you have to pay a view tax." "You can get support from us for your hospital, but you have to provide abortions there." "You can send your child to public school,but they have to take sex ed at age five." "You can fly on this plane, but we must be able to search you in whatever way we wish." It's just a form of coercion. It is easy to say, "Well, then, do not fly!" until your grandfather or daughter or cousin gets cancer and must be taken regularly to a hospital out of state for treatments, or until the only job you are qualified to get requires flying. Saying "No" to flying, is indeed a sacrifice, and if you can and do make it then that is great. But not everyone can, and it doesn't mean that even everyone should, or that that is all they should do. Sometimes, people need to actually speak out. Americans have been having their liberties taken from them for years under the cloak of "just being politically correct" or "just making everyone safe" and they need to be shown that, because many of them have forgotten that "liberties may be endangered by the abuses of liberties as well as the abuses of power" and don't realize that that is exactly what is happening. I wouldn't say, "If you don't want to surrender your morality, then don't fly." anymore than I would say, "If you don't want to surrender your morality, then don't have an abortion." We don't just refrain from having an abortion, we also speak out against it. I think the same thing is happening here. It takes courage to speak out more than it takes to refrain, and someone has to do it. That's why people are viewing this guy as a hero.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now