An Old School Catholic Message Board

Visit Delayed

tnavarro61

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1292765594' post='2193452']
Yes, could you try to slow down in your mind and enjoy the process? There are so many fascinating communities out there!

If you were thirty years old and had spent the last decade dawdling around "ooh that looks interesting ... oh maybe that one ... ooh look over there!" well then it'd probably be time to buckle down to the business of making some decisions.

But that isn't you. At all.

So can you try to let yourself go to the adventure of it all without feeling like you have to find the place you're going to enter right away?

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/priest.gif[/img] (in honor of Br. Bruno and his non-existent :monk: emo, we will pretend that guy has a cowl instead of a Roman collar)
[/quote]

sir yes sir! :blush:

Did someone say St Ignatius (of Loyola) ?!?!?!?!? :woot: My spiritual father... :love:

You knoooooowww navarrooooo..... the Jesuits could use a few more GOOD men..... HINT HINT HINT

Ive found this article to be very helpful myself and I hope it can be so for others as well.
http://www.lafayettecarmelites.org/god_calling.php

1. “I must first of all,” continues St. Ignatius, “[b]place before my eyes the end for which I have been created, which is to praise God our Lord and to save my soul.[/b] I must, moreover, be in a state of perfect indifference, and be without any unreasonable desires, so that I am neither inclined toward, nor desirous of choosing one state of life more than another, keeping a perfect balance and ever ready to choose that state which will seem most proper to procure the glory of God and the salvation of my soul.”

:yahoo: :love: [size="5"][b]AMDG!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/size] (ad majorem Dei gloriam ... for the greater glory of Gooodddd!!!) :crusader:

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1292676741' post='2193310']

, but still I am sad. I think I will never be very happy again... I am quite assured that I wiill never be as happy as I was with the Intercessors.
[/quote]

Nav, I mean this in the nicest possible way :bash: :bash: :bash: :boink: :boink: :boink:

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1292704828' post='2193364']

On one of the Ignatian retreats that I made (not with IVE), a (very holy) priest gave me this advice

"Don't pick which order to enter based on whether or not you like them (or are drawn to them) but pick the one that will sanctify you"

[/quote]

Oooooh! Excellent advice. :like:

LadyOfSorrows

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1292704828' post='2193364']

On one of the Ignatian retreats that I made (not with IVE), a (very holy) priest gave me this advice

"Don't pick which order to enter based on whether or not you like them (or are drawn to them) but pick the one that will sanctify you"

[/quote]

Wow, great advice! Kind of a knock in the head to me... :| Thanks for sharing!

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1292719268' post='2193390']
hey, please tell us more about it! are they cheerful? have you met the friars? are they cheerful to?

btw thank you for your prayers.
[/quote]

Yes, they are very cheerful and funny! They go crazy at recreation (in a good way) LOL .To me they are the most beautiful order :like: . Their poverty and marian vow are amazing! ....if you are looking for that they definitely live it out ...Franciscans (very poor) of the Immaculate (very marian). They are not affraid of penance or suffereing...they even joke about martyrdom :like: . There are so many beautiful things about this order, but these things really stood out to me. We spent a weekend with the friars out at Mt. St. Francis, butI didn't get to meet them personally, since the sisters and friars were busy doing different things. If they are like the sisters, then you shouldn't have to worry about cheerfulness because they have plenty of it!!!

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1292782666' post='2193478']
Nav, I mean this in the nicest possible way :bash: :bash: :bash: :boink: :boink: :boink:
[/quote]

o vee i really need that bashin and boinkin :clapping: i need to wake up!

I am very thankful that I share my journey here in phatmass. You guys are giving sound suggestions and pieces of advice! I look forward to the day I'm gonna meet my new spiritual director and I am excited to tell him about you.

Being deprived of spiritual direction for more than two months, I realized that spiritual direction is really CRUCIAL in discernment process.

Thank your for your prayers and waking me up.. :like: you guys are the best!

[quote name='Klaudi87' timestamp='1292814914' post='2193542']
Yes, they are very cheerful and funny! They go crazy at recreation (in a good way) LOL .To me they are the most beautiful order :like: . Their poverty and marian vow are amazing! ....if you are looking for that they definitely live it out ...Franciscans (very poor) of the Immaculate (very marian). They are not affraid of penance or suffereing...they even joke about martyrdom :like: . There are so many beautiful things about this order, but these things really stood out to me. We spent a weekend with the friars out at Mt. St. Francis, butI didn't get to meet them personally, since the sisters and friars were busy doing different things. If they are like the sisters, then you shouldn't have to worry about cheerfulness because they have plenty of it!!!
[/quote]

That's GOOD! now I cannot wait to visit them this summer. Tell us more!

[b]Nav[/b]....deep breaths. You've been through a sudden shake up, and it's natural that you feel adrift right now. You're allowed to mourn the loss of your companions....but remember that everyone who gives up companions for the sake of the Lord will find new ones. You will be happy again someday. You will enjoy fellowship with religious men again. Maybe not right now. But trust that God has something good in store for you.

(I'm feeling particularly lonely and adrift right now myself, so I need to hear these words as much as you....perhaps more!)

I think that, right now, you're on the rebound. You're too mixed up internally, too hurting, to make any decisions right now. You can explore your options, but you want to make your choices from a place of joy and consolation, not desolation and confusion. I think the Spiritual Exercises (and a spiritual director) will help you to see this, so don't worry too much about it right now. Just hang in there, and keep trusting in Jesus!

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1292884792' post='2193686']
[b]Nav[/b]....deep breaths. You've been through a sudden shake up, and it's natural that you feel adrift right now. You're allowed to mourn the loss of your companions....but remember that everyone who gives up companions for the sake of the Lord will find new ones. You will be happy again someday. You will enjoy fellowship with religious men again. Maybe not right now. But trust that God has something good in store for you.

(I'm feeling particularly lonely and adrift right now myself, so I need to hear these words as much as you....perhaps more!)

I think that, right now, you're on the rebound. You're too mixed up internally, too hurting, to make any decisions right now. You can explore your options, but you want to make your choices from a place of joy and consolation, not desolation and confusion. I think the Spiritual Exercises (and a spiritual director) will help you to see this, so don't worry too much about it right now. Just hang in there, and keep trusting in Jesus!
[/quote]

Thank you very much for this post MithLuin. I am hoping that I will be happy again someday,and yes, probably it's not now.

It is so hard to deal with the pains especially when LIFE and SOUL is involved. Lately I've been filled with scary thoughts, that I won't be accepted anywhere, that soon I have to leave etc. That's why I am very eager to have another spiritual director and undergo Spiritual Exercises. I want to be healed.

I cannot thank you enough my phriends for your prayers and support. Know that I am doing well. I am no longer confused over the orders I am asking information from. I am now trying to spend more time rebuilding my prayer relationship with the Good Lord. I'm learning to surrender and trust everything to the Lord. Isn't it religious life involves a lot of surrender, of trusting and of self dying? Praise God, He's allowing me to "practice" that!

Prayers for you too. :priest: May God grant you tons of happiness this Christmas!

Thank you very much for your words my phriends..

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1292821282' post='2193563']
That's GOOD! now I cannot wait to visit them this summer. Tell us more!
[/quote]

I can sit here and talk about my experience for hours!!! haha
Theres a whole thread on them here [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=79684"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=79684[/url] and here [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=101964"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=101964[/url]

Im not very good with words :wall: , especially when having to recount 2wks lol
I don't have much time now but when I do I will share more :like: is there anything specific you would like to know???

YAY! They're going to interview me before the visit!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

got to set the date of interview first... whew! i am so .. nervously excited!