An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm The Newbie

MessorCarus

You're lucky you could post in vocation station. You used to have to have 10 posts first. It was a way of keeping spammers out. Hope you have fun, and don't let anyone run you off.

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1294013416' post='2196007']
[b]Hope you have fun, and don't let anyone run you off.[/b]
[/quote]

This.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1293952829' post='2195884']
Hi everyone,

I've basically been stalking Phatmass forever and finally decided that I should walk with others in their discernment, so that they may walk with me in mine. A leap of faith but here I am. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/dance.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Welcome! Phatmass has helped me, I know with my discernment and such things!

Are you looking at any particular vocation/order/etc.?

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1294053161' post='2196127']
Welcome! Phatmass has helped me, I know with my discernment and such things!

Are you looking at any particular vocation/order/etc.?
[/quote]

Thanks!

I'm looking at a more active-contemplative or cloistered. The order that I've visited the most has been the Nashville Dominicans and I'm hoping to visit one more time this semester, but we'll see what God says. :smile2: I've visited a Benedictine community and some Benedictine hermits and thought I was possibly called to be a Benedictine but I'm not so sure anymore. If I could I would visit some Carmelites or Poor Clares to see a more cloistered community but who knows.

How about all of you?

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1294074330' post='2196167']
Thanks!

I'm looking at a more active-contemplative or cloistered. The order that I've visited the most has been the Nashville Dominicans and I'm hoping to visit one more time this semester, but we'll see what God says. :smile2: I've visited a Benedictine community and some Benedictine hermits and thought I was possibly called to be a Benedictine but I'm not so sure anymore. If I could I would visit some Carmelites or Poor Clares to see a more cloistered community but who knows.

How about all of you?
[/quote]

Hye! Nice to meet you and welcome to Phatmass! I hope you enjoy it here!
I'll be praying fo you in your discernment. Please pray for me, too!

As for me, I'm looking into three acive-contemplative orders: The Daughters of Saint Paul, the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, and the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal. I've visited the FSPs and the SSEWs, but haven't been able to see the CFRs yet. I'm merely writing to them at the moment.
I hope you get to see the Nashville Dominicans again soon! I haven't felt drawn to their community, but I have been to see them and they are very, very nice.

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1294077989' post='2196183']
Hye! Nice to meet you and welcome to Phatmass! I hope you enjoy it here!
I'll be praying fo you in your discernment. Please pray for me, too!

As for me, I'm looking into three acive-contemplative orders: The Daughters of Saint Paul, the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, and the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal. I've visited the FSPs and the SSEWs, but haven't been able to see the CFRs yet. I'm merely writing to them at the moment.
I hope you get to see the Nashville Dominicans again soon! I haven't felt drawn to their community, but I have been to see them and they are very, very nice.
[/quote]

Thanks!

It's starting to get a little addicting. Lol

I will definitely pray for you! :saint:

Awesome, I have a friend who is discerning with Capuchin Franciscans and he showed me the website for the Fraciscan Sisters of the Renewal, they are beautiful. I haven't felt draw toward Franciscans but we have some here close by, Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist. I haven't visited their community but I have a friend who is open to religious life and loves to spend time there and I've met some before, they are so sweet! (Maybe I'll go for a weekend to see what they're like). St. Francis is so awesome. lol

I don't know a lot about the other two communities but where do you feel drawn right now, more Franciscan?

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1294074330' post='2196167']
Thanks!

How about all of you?
[/quote]

Currently, I'm discerning the NDs, but haven't been able to visit Nashville (too far away!). I've been emailing the Vocations assistant and they've been really understanding! I know that I'm definitely called to the Dominican order, but I can't enter until I finish university (three to four years)!

Praying for you in your vocation!

Dieu vous benisse!

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1294090260' post='2196247']
Thanks!

It's starting to get a little addicting. Lol

I will definitely pray for you! :saint:

Awesome, I have a friend who is discerning with Capuchin Franciscans and he showed me the website for the Fraciscan Sisters of the Renewal, they are beautiful. I haven't felt draw toward Franciscans but we have some here close by, Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist. I haven't visited their community but I have a friend who is open to religious life and loves to spend time there and I've met some before, they are so sweet! (Maybe I'll go for a weekend to see what they're like). St. Francis is so awesome. lol

I don't know a lot about the other two communities but where do you feel drawn right now, more Franciscan?
[/quote]

Saint Francis [i]is [/i]awesome! He's Saint Francis! Need more be said? lol.

My spirituality has always been more Franciscan and, at the moment, I find myself most drawn to the SSEWs (their spirituality is both Franciscan [i]&[/i] Dominican, so it's still fitting! ;) ). They do retreat work and catechesis, and though they are only semi-contemplative, they have the prayer schedule of a contemplative cloistered order (a big plus for me!).
But there are still characteristics of the FSPs (that they work with the media, mainly) and CFRs (their Marian devotion, and focus on penance, and their work with the homeless) that I am drawn to. :idontknow: I'll have to spend more time with each.
I'm one very undecided Future Sister at the moment, lol. All prayers are [i]greatly[/i] appreciated. Thanx!!