An Old School Catholic Message Board

New

jruss

That is awesome:love:

Thank you jruss, for your post. My family is having a difficult time with the idea of me being called to religious life. And although I am still discerning, one of my siblings is starting to wonder how much time is left; that only God knows.

I wonder all the time what God will do with my family if I do become His bride, and I've already seen Him do marvelous things in their hearts in the past two years.

God bless you for listening to God's call for your family and for opening your heart just as your daughter has opened hers.

MissScripture

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1294155489' post='2196540']
Im asking questions :saint:

Dont worry jruss you dont have to answer those Im just being silly. On a more serious note though I came across this quote in My Belovedf by Mother Catherine Thomas that speaks beautifully about mothers and daughters on page 63 "As I look back now, I can say—and I'm sure my dear mother
would now say the same—no daughter is nearer her mother than
the one she has given to God."

I would guess that the same applies to spiritual as well as biological mother daughter relationships. As we know from the life of Padre Pio, who had the guardian angels of his spiritual children visit him with questions, we can send our angels to those we love and so that is what I do. When I cannot be near my loved ones I tell my angel to give them a hug for me. I know angels are pure spirit so they arent going to get a physical hug but maybe there will be some spiritual consolation. I also tell their own angel to take extra care, as if he needs to be told! I also keep my focus on eternity where although we will enjoy the beatific vision, and have all the angels and saints around as well, but we will still have that special bond with those we knew here. But I want to hug and talk to my loved one NOW you say... well so does Jesus. He longs to hold us and talk to us and for us to be with Him NOW. Ok Im done rambling.
[/quote]
This reminds me of one time when I was at Mass, just before the consecration, I very distinctly felt like my sister was hugging me. She gives very special hugs and it felt just as if she was giving me one of her hugs. I wrote to her to ask her if she had been thinking of me extra-special around that time or something. She told me it was rather eerie, because it was about that time when I felt the hug, that she really thought about how we are all together at Mass, and she pictures our whole family present before God, during Mass.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1294191616' post='2196766']
This reminds me of one time when I was at Mass, just before the consecration, I very distinctly felt like my sister was hugging me. She gives very special hugs and it felt just as if she was giving me one of her hugs. I wrote to her to ask her if she had been thinking of me extra-special around that time or something. She told me it was rather eerie, because it was about that time when I felt the hug, that she really thought about how we are all together at Mass, and she pictures our whole family present before God, during Mass.
[/quote]

I've had that happen before, too!!

One of my good friends entered the convent while I was still in RCIA. One day I felt so extremely close to Our Lord- a communion with Him that I had never before experienced... and I got a letter from her the next week with a note that said she offered Holy Communion for me on that specific day.
:nunpray:

[quote][b]So true!! My daughter and I call this Guardian Angel mail, and it works!! Too frequently to be coincidental. A story to illustrate: My daughter took the Guardian Angels as her special patrons, so to honor her novice feast day (Oct 2nd) , my husband decided to help our younger 3 sons to name their angels. Well. . . One of my adopted sons has severe psychological/behavioral issues which often cause him to endanger himself or others. I had recently written my daughter explaining some of his latest antics. Alarmed, my daughter begged the Lord to give my son 2 Guardian Angels and she felt sure God heard her prayer. She had JUST written this to me in a letter, but I did not share this with him. So when he looked thoughtfully at my husband and me when considering angel names and said, "You know, I think I have TWO angels!", we could only marvel and say, "Yep, you do!!"[/b][/quote]

Angel mail? I like it! The story of the two angels is beautiful as well.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1294191616' post='2196766']
[/quote]

aaaaaaaawwww :love:

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1294195493' post='2196789']
I've had that happen before, too!!

One of my good friends entered the convent while I was still in RCIA. One day I felt so extremely close to Our Lord- a communion with Him that I had never before experienced... and I got a letter from her the next week with a note that said she offered Holy Communion for me on that specific day.
:nunpray:
[/quote]

This is beautiful too!

When someone randomly pops into my mind I think two things either that i am supposed to pray for them and/or that they are thinking of me too... hopefully thinking good thoughts! :topsy: