An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hi, I'm New Here

Pax_et bonum

Hello Amanda you are welcome. I love your pax et bonum name! I am a Franciscan Sister from the UK. Where are you from?
God bless,
Sr Marianne

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1294116453' post='2196431']
Hmmm, the Franciscan Sisters Minor are rather difficult to contact, aren't they! They had a website before they moved (maintained by someone else), but that's gone now. You can check out the website of their brother community: [url="http://franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Home.html"]Franciscan Brothers Minor[/url]. There's an e-mail there that can be used for prayer or vocation requests (a friend of the community prints out the e-mails and delivers them)...but I don't know what they would do with vocation requests for their sister community!

Anyway, welcome to Phatmass and the Vocation Station, now that you've decided not to be a lurker, and I look forward to hearing more about your discernment and journey.
[/quote]

Thanks, and it's funny you would say that because I actually did email the brothers earlier yesterday. I figured it couldn't hurt!

[quote name='Sr Marianne' timestamp='1294142463' post='2196493']
Hello Amanda you are welcome. I love your pax et bonum name! I am a Franciscan Sister from the UK. Where are you from?
God bless,
Sr Marianne
[/quote]

Thank you, Sister and Soeur! I live in the US. St. Francis is awesome!

WELCOME!

be sure to come at the Phatmass Chat once in a while. :P The chat is active when it's evening in your country. It's fun, and inspiring too. Talk about your vocation at the chat if you want real time discussion, or post it here. :P

and we will always pray for you.

{Do I make a good spammer. Well this ain't spam!_

tnavarro61

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1294152091' post='2196519']
WELCOME!

be sure to come at the Phatmass Chat once in a while. :P The chat is active when it's evening in your country. It's fun, and inspiring too. Talk about your vocation at the chat if you want real time discussion, or post it here. :P

and we will always pray for you.

{Do I make a good spammer. Well this ain't spam!_

tnavarro61
[/quote]

Thank you! I'm working my way up to getting enough posts to be able to chat :)

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1294104880' post='2196342']
Thank you!

I've gone to Catholic schools since pre-school, and I have to admit, religion was always my favorite class--not that I was a very religious person, I just really liked the class. I really started to fall in love with Jesus in 7th grade because of my amazing best friend coupled with our studies for Confirmation. I think we were prompted to pray about our vocations at our Confirmation Mass or something. This was fall of my 8th grade year because it was a jubilee year so we had a huge Mass in Notre Dame's Joyce Center with every school in the diocese. So I prayed about it that night or thereabouts and heard an interior voice asking me if I would become a religious sister. God gave me the grace to say yes though I had no exposure to the religious life. Through my discernment I've come to think that I will be able to love God and gain souls for Him best through religious life. I mean, I could be totally off, but I'm reasonably certain. Even if I never gained any souls for Him, I know it won't be a "waste" because I've learned that [i]being [/i]for Him is the most important. So this is my quest, to give my life back to the One who gave it to me.
[/quote]

Beautiful :) It's wonderful that God has spoken to a heart so young, I'm very excited for you in your discernment and journey deeper into His heart. God Bless

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='future_brother23' timestamp='1294111362' post='2196397']
If you like franciscan communities the sisters of the renewal are great and there are a few new communities being founded
[/quote]

Thank you for the suggestion.

[quote name='elizabeth09' timestamp='1294167075' post='2196586']
Welcome to phatmass. I am from the United States
[/quote]

Thank you!

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1294158554' post='2196552']
Thank you! I'm working my way up to getting enough posts to be able to chat :)
[/quote]

It used to be that you had to have ten posts in order to post in Vocation Station. An easy way to do that is in the "prayer threads" -- the Rosary, the Divine Mercy Chaplet, etc.

Type in a handful of Hail Marys and you're good to go!

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1294177929' post='2196652']
It used to be that you had to have ten posts in order to post in Vocation Station. An easy way to do that is in the "prayer threads" -- the Rosary, the Divine Mercy Chaplet, etc.

Type in a handful of Hail Marys and you're good to go!
[/quote]

I have enough posts now! :dance:

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1294097503' post='2196282']
Hi! My name is Amanda. I'm 17, and I've been discerning for about 3 or 4 years. I've been lurking for a bit, but I finally decided to make a profile.
[/quote]

Hye!
Welcome to Phatmass... and especially to the Vocation Station!
I'll pray for you in your discernment. :amen: Please remember me in mine, too!
I hope to see you around and look forward to speaking with you more.

Pax,
Tally Marx

(PS: I really like your login!)

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1294181503' post='2196669']
Hye!
Welcome to Phatmass... and especially to the Vocation Station!
I'll pray for you in your discernment. :amen: Please remember me in mine, too!
I hope to see you around and look forward to speaking with you more.

Pax,
Tally Marx

(PS: I really like your login!)
[/quote]

Thank you! I will pray for you as well.
p.s. I really like your picture :)

Maria Faustina

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1294111214' post='2196395']
I'm trying to contact the Franciscan Sisters Minor, but it's a little difficult because they don't have a website, email, or phone--though I just found out I can call the rectory at the church where they're staying. I might have to try snail mail. :)
I've recently started emailing with the Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Jesus and Mary. Both communities are contemplative with an apostolate.

The ND are awesome! They were one of the communities I was looking at when I was looking at active communities, though I never got around to emailing the vocation director.

Awesome to "meet" you, Colleen!
[/quote]

Dang!!! God bless you with that pursuit!! It must be superrrrrrrr challenging to discern a vocation with a community that doesn't have many resources out there about them. Kudos to you lol!

Soooo I'm guessing you're looking into contemplatives-that's awesome! If you don't mind me asking, how did you know you should discern with contemplatives? I've always wanted to know just in case I've been missing something by only looking at active orders.

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='Maria Faustina' timestamp='1294193723' post='2196780']
Dang!!! God bless you with that pursuit!! It must be superrrrrrrr challenging to discern a vocation with a community that doesn't have many resources out there about them. Kudos to you lol!

Soooo I'm guessing you're looking into contemplatives-that's awesome! If you don't mind me asking, how did you know you should discern with contemplatives? I've always wanted to know just in case I've been missing something by only looking at active orders.
[/quote]

Funny how it happened. First I discerned with active communities, then a cloistered one, then back to an active one but something still wasn't quite right. Contemplative is right in the middle! It fits me better than the others, though I haven't been discerning it too long. The days are mostly spent in prayer and with community which is what I really wanted but couldn't find enough of in the active life (in formation, yes, after vows, not so much), but I also would like to have a small ministry and interact with others.