Papist Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1295664297' post='2202891'] T ... where did you get this article from? I can't find Tobyana Myczhikyi on google. Is she a blogger or something? The style seems very high-school-ish to me. There are grammar mistakes. But could you point me in a direction? Maybe she writes in Polish media (polish name, right?) and thats why I can't find her? Even if she is a mediocre writer, I am still interested in meeting an "Eastern European new free thinker." [/quote] That's b/c the person does not exist and the article is bogus. Obviously, the thread was created to intentionally create a rukus, which it has failed. Yet, it does say a lot that was not intended.
mcts Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1295664297' post='2202891'] T ... where did you get this article from? I can't find Tobyana Myczhikyi on google. Is she a blogger or something? The style seems very high-school-ish to me. There are grammar mistakes. But could you point me in a direction? Maybe she writes in Polish media (polish name, right?) and thats why I can't find her? Even if she is a mediocre writer, I am still interested in meeting an "Eastern European new free thinker." [/quote] She wrote the thing herself [url="http://beneath thy protection.com/index.php?/topic/537-traditionalism-the-curse-of-the-modern-world-the-embarassment-of-modern-catholics/"]Here's the link that leads to the other forum.[/url] Look, Triddy, I get that you don't like PM and stuff, but you coming back here to cause a scene is not becoming of you. [quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1295721021' post='2203065'] sometimes I feel pm is having a big inside joke, or a secret handshake or something. and i am on the outside of the joke, and ignorant of the secret handshake. [/quote] Same. Here.
Nihil Obstat Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 (edited) I'd like to point out, lest anybody get the wrong idea, that Triddy is only one member of Sub[i][/i]Tuum, and of course does not represent our entire site. A better representation of our site would be the novena that we will be saying, beginning on the 28th, for peace between our forums, and between the SSPX and broader Church. Edited January 22, 2011 by Nihil Obstat
Papist Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1295731748' post='2203129'] Pax domini sit semper vobiscum. [/quote] tecum semper
Moosey Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1295731977' post='2203130'] I'd like to point out, lest anybody get the wrong idea, that Triddy is only one member of Sub[i][/i]Tuum, and of course does not represent our entire site. A better representation of our site would be the novena that we will be saying, beginning on the 28th, for peace between our forums, and between the SSPX and broader Church. [/quote] I'd like to say, ditto.
Papist Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 (edited) [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1295731977' post='2203130'] I'd like to point out, lest anybody get the wrong idea, that Triddy is only one member of beneath thy protection, and of course does not represent our entire site. A better representation of our site would be the novena that we will be saying, beginning on the 28th, for peace between our forums, and between the SSPX and broader Church. [/quote] Oh some person from another site did this. So I was right. It is fake. Now dust's edits make more sense and I now know what a troll is. Sorry for being slow. I am new at this forum stuff and not a young hipster, just a Catholic, husband and father. Edited January 22, 2011 by Papist
Nihil Obstat Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1295732925' post='2203138'] Oh some person from another site did this. So I was right. It is fake. Now dust's edits make more sense and I now know what a troll is. Sorry for being slow. I am new at this forum stuff and not a young hipster, just a Cathoic, husband and father. [/quote] Yessir, from a site that I frequent, but I object to being painted with the same brush. There's a bit of unnecessary bad blood between us, but most of us are working towards getting past that.
Jaime Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 The thing I don't understand is why Trid felt it necessary to intentionally lie about who wrote the piece. Especially when you can go and follow the progression of the "new free thinker" on Abby's site. Pride and foolishness seem to go together well.
Nihil Obstat Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1295733446' post='2203140'] The thing I don't understand is why Trid felt it necessary to intentionally lie about who wrote the piece. Especially when you can go and follow the progression of the "new free thinker" on Abby's site. Pride and foolishness seem to go together well. [/quote] Iunno. I use a pseudonym when I blog (Irenaeus G. Saintonge). I refuse to speculate I suppose.
Lil Red Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1295733697' post='2203142'] Iunno. I use a pseudonym when I blog (Irenaeus G. Saintonge). I refuse to speculate I suppose. [/quote] 1. who's that dude, anyway? 2. you never updated your blog so i stopped following it.
Nihil Obstat Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1295733855' post='2203145'] 1. who's that dude, anyway? 2. you never updated your blog so i stopped following it. [/quote] I just liked the name Irenaeus. The G represents my real middle name, and Saintonge is related to my real last name in a convoluted way. I know, I'm a bad blogger. I want to start up again, but I have a hard time updating regularly.
Vincent Vega Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1295733446' post='2203140'] The thing I don't understand is why Trid felt it necessary to intentionally lie about who wrote the piece. Especially when you can go and follow the progression of the "new free thinker" on Abby's site. Pride and foolishness seem to go together well. [/quote] Let's go easy on her and chalk it up to simple immaturity. Certain things are cured with age and experience (and I say this without any hint of meaning it attackingly).
Lil Red Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1295734032' post='2203150'] Let's go easy on her and chalk it up to simple immaturity. Certain things are cured with age and experience (and I say this without any hint of meaning it attackingly). [/quote] i remember when i was a teen i was pro-choice and an idiot. but i repeat myself.
Papist Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1295733340' post='2203139'] Yessir, from a site that I frequent, but I object to being painted with the same brush. There's a bit of unnecessary bad blood between us, but most of us are working towards getting past that. [/quote] I get the Novena now. And I will be joining y'all.
Nihil Obstat Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1295734210' post='2203154'] I get the Novena now. And I will be joining y'all. [/quote] Glad to have you!
organwerke Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 [quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1295733446' post='2203140'] The thing I don't understand is why Trid felt it necessary to intentionally lie about who wrote the piece. Especially when you can go and follow the progression of the "new free thinker" on Abby's site. Pride and foolishness seem to go together well. [/quote] I really don't see when and where she lied. I remember in the past Triddy has mentioned to have hungarian origins...so I think Tobyana is her name in her real life. Or did she tell you her real name so that you can prove that she lied? I'm bored reading this forum as many other forums online. Very often I don't know what to think, I don't know who I should listen and believe in. I know there's not good blood between Triddy and phatmass, and I don't know who has the fault... I can only witness it is frequent that "misterious things happen" (as the Cam's title that has changed, as my comment on Bennn's page that has disappeared etc.) and no one knows anything and no one can say how was it possible... and you speak about who lies...
Lilllabettt Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 (edited) [quote name='organwerke' timestamp='1295737077' post='2203178'] I really don't see when and where she lied. I remember in the past Triddy has mentioned to have hungarian origins...so I think Tobyana is her name in her real life. Or did she tell you her real name so that you can prove that she lied? I'm bored reading this forum as many other forums online. Very often I don't know what to think, I don't know who I should listen and believe in. I know there's not good blood between Triddy and phatmass, and I don't know who has the fault... I can only witness it is frequent that "misterious things happen" (as the Cam's title that has changed, as my comment on Bennn's page that has disappeared etc.) and no one knows anything and no one can say how was it possible... and you speak about who lies... [/quote] She said it was a "terrific" article, most people do not go around calling their own writing terrific. And no Tobyana is not her real name, I do not know what it is but she admitted somewhere else that is not it. What is really sad is she was not secure enough to rely on her own authority, she could not speak her mind and believe that her views would be given credence and respect ... she thought it was necessary to cite imaginary authority from an imaginary article. I know nothing about all that "mysterious" drama you are talking about. But I do know about this and I have to say I am annoyed when people try to manipulate me. And it is sad sad sad what this says about her self-esteem. Edited January 22, 2011 by Lilllabettt
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 Lets take a step back, guys. I don't want this to be a "bash Triddy" thread. Whatever her faults may be (and I have noted a few of them, I just haven't publicly berated her for them), her original post did have some good points. I'd rather revisit those than harp about what she did wrong.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now