An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm _______, And I'm Descerning God's Call To ______.

BigJon16

I'm Kat and I'm hoping to enter religious life next August (or September). I looking at several communities - the Apostles of the Sacred Heart and Alma Mercies among them.

[quote name='Catherine Therese' timestamp='1297332752' post='2210915']
I'm Bek and I'm an aspirant with the Order of Preachers [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img] and I think this emoticon is cool!!
The pay may not be great but I'm told the superannuation is out of this world.

I also like this one:[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/priest.gif[/img]
Gentlemen... THIS MEANS YOU... can YOU handle the pressure of a white collar job?
[/quote]

This is off topic, but when I was discerning religious life, I wanted Sr. Catherine Therese to be my name, AND I was discerning with the Order of Preachers as well! Too weird! :)

[quote name='carmelite15' timestamp='1297368746' post='2211024']
I'm Brandee and Ive been discerning religious life for 5yrs and I want to join the Carmelites in CA :nunpray:
[/quote]

What happened to discerning with the Brooklyn Carmel? Did it not work out? Do you mean the Carmelites of the Most Sacred Heart? :)

I'm Shana and I'm currently focusing on discerning consecrated virginity (with private dedication and religious life being more or less on the table as well).

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1297371737' post='2211043']
I'm Amanda, and I'm discerning God's call to Franciscan religious life possibly with the Poor Clare Colettines!
[/quote]

:like3: but that is personal bias, lol

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1297369115' post='2211026']
What happened to discerning with the Brooklyn Carmel? Did it not work out? Do you mean the Carmelites of the Most Sacred Heart? :)
[/quote]

I was discerning with the Brooklyn Carmel but me being young and they said I had to wait 5 years and some stuff happen that I seen I was not called there but I cryed out to Jesus and I had this feeling of Him telling me to keep looking and I looked and looked and then I found the Carmel of Cristo Rey :love:

I'm Carolyn, and I'm discerning God's call to religious life... as a Nashville Dominican or as a Sister of Mary Mother of the Church if our wills match up, lol!

[quote name='elizabeth09' timestamp='1297380404' post='2211119']
I`m elizabeth09 and I'm Descerning God's Call To do God`s Will.
[/quote]

ditto

I'm vee and I'm discerning God's will to do His will, to not offend Him, and to save souls.

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1297386995' post='2211168']
ditto

I'm vee and I'm discerning God's will to do His will, to not offend Him, and to save souls.
[/quote]

sounds Carmelite to me. :like:

TeresaBenedicta

I'm TeresaBenedicta (TB for short :like: ) and... well, as my spiritual director commented in our last meeting, I'm not really discerning. I've been accepted into an Order and plan to enter as soon as circumstances allow to try out my religious vocation within that family. Things obviously aren't final until, well, final vows, but until God shows me something different (in a very clear way), I know the direction I'm heading and have moral certitude that it is His will for me.