An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm _______, And I'm Descerning God's Call To ______.

BigJon16

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1297389760' post='2211188']
I'm TeresaBenedicta (TB for short :like: ) and... well, as my spiritual director commented in our last meeting, I'm not really discerning. [b] I've been accepted into an Order[/b] and plan to enter as soon as circumstances allow to try out my religious vocation within that family. Things obviously aren't final until, well, final vows, but until God shows me something different (in a very clear way), [b]I know the direction I'm heading and have moral certitude that it is His will for me.[/b]
[/quote]

How I envy you.

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1297371737' post='2211043']
I'm Amanda, and I'm discerning God's call to Franciscan religious life possibly with the Poor Clare Colettines!
[/quote]

:dance5:

I'm HopefulBride (HB) and I have been accepted to the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church. I am in the same boat as TB, just waiting for the time when I can enter. I hope it is God's will for me to enter this year, if not I am prepared to accept the wait. I wanted to enter last August and I could not, the spiritual growth that I have experienced over the past year has been amazing and it reinforces my trust in God's timing (even when it doesn't match my own) so If I have to enter next year, I figure it will be a time when I can grow in the virtues and go through more spiritual purification.

You are all in my prayers.

Edited by HopefulBride

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1297320194' post='2210892']
I'm Dominicansoul and I'm an aloholic....

...OH WAIT.....
[/quote]

hahahahaha I totally saw this coming. lol.

I'm JoyfulLife, discerning the Religious Life, and the whole world now seems to know what order I'm discerning... :lol4: We'll see how it goes. :smile2:

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1297430092' post='2211310']
I'm HopefulBride (HB) and [b]I have been accepted to the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church[/b]. I am in the same boat as TB, just waiting for the time when I can enter. I hope it is God's will for me to enter this year, if not I am prepared to accept the wait. I wanted to enter last August and I could not, the spiritual growth that I have experienced over the past year has been amazing and it reinforces my trust in God's timing (even when it doesn't match my own) so If I have to enter next year, I figure it will be a time when I can grow in the virtues and go through more spiritual purification.

You are all in my prayers.
[/quote]

That's amesome! God's Blessings!

Catherine Therese

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1297368475' post='2211022']
This is off topic, but when I was discerning religious life, I wanted Sr. Catherine Therese to be my name, AND I was discerning with the Order of Preachers as well! Too weird! :)
[/quote]

Major coincidence there!

Thankfully, no one yet in the Nashville Doms has received that name, so pending this next class of 27 postulants who will be becoming Novices the month before I enter, the name will still be an open possibility.

Mind you, I'll end up with whatever name I'm given and I'll be happy about it! Whatever God's Will might be will no doubt be a great joy to me.

Sts Catherine and Therese have been very dear to me throughout my life. Therese has been a patroness of mine since birth and Catherine is the name I took upon becoming a lay Dominican. Whether or not I receive that name, I'll always have a devotion to, and be able to learn a great deal from, these highly contrasting saints!

I'm not sure how other orders work but we don't choose our names. I think we are invited to nominate up to three possible names that we like and we are welcomed to explain why we like each of these names. Mother then gives the matter a great deal of prayer and the first time we hear our name is upon receiving the habit. It may or may not be one of the preferences, or a combination thereof... you really don't know until you hear it!

[quote name='Catherine Therese' timestamp='1297773948' post='2212541']
Major coincidence there!

Thankfully, no one yet in the Nashville Doms has received that name, so pending this next class of 27 postulants who will be becoming Novices the month before I enter, the name will still be an open possibility.

Mind you, I'll end up with whatever name I'm given and I'll be happy about it! Whatever God's Will might be will no doubt be a great joy to me.

Sts Catherine and Therese have been very dear to me throughout my life. Therese has been a patroness of mine since birth and Catherine is the name I took upon becoming a lay Dominican. Whether or not I receive that name, I'll always have a devotion to, and be able to learn a great deal from, these highly contrasting saints!

I'm not sure how other orders work but we don't choose our names. I think we are invited to nominate up to three possible names that we like and we are welcomed to explain why we like each of these names. Mother then gives the matter a great deal of prayer and the first time we hear our name is upon receiving the habit. It may or may not be one of the preferences, or a combination thereof... you really don't know until you hear it!
[/quote]

Hey. Maybe [i]I[/i] wanted Sr. Catherine Therese! :mad:

Fight ya for it.:numchucks:

:P

I'm just kidding. If God [i]is[/i] calling me to Nashville, Sr. Catherine Therese is a name that I like, but probably not one I would get. :)

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1297546545' post='2211755']
That's amesome! God's Blessings!
[/quote]

Thank you :) I still get giddy about it. I just pray it's the Lord's will that I enter this year.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1297781574' post='2212573']
Hey. Maybe [i]I[/i] wanted Sr. Catherine Therese! :mad:

Fight ya for it.:numchucks:

:P

I'm just kidding. If God [i]is[/i] calling me to Nashville, Sr. Catherine Therese is a name that I like, but probably not one I would get. :)
[/quote]

I Love that name too (It's one of my wishful names , though the Catherine is after St. Catherine de Laboure) Lucky for me my community is very small and God willing I will be in this year's class.

So glad I don't have to make it a three-way fight :)

• 2 weeks later...
FutureSister2009

I'm Allyson and I'm discerning God's Call to be a Franciscan Sister Missionary of the Heart of Jesus and of Mary Immaculate.

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1298494131' post='2215023']
I'm Allyson and I'm discerning God's Call to be a Franciscan Sister Missionary of the Heart of Jesus and of Mary Immaculate.
[/quote]

Welcome to the phorum, Allyson! Yay another Franciscan! :nun2:

FutureSister2009

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1298501487' post='2215057']
Welcome to the phorum, Allyson! Yay another Franciscan! :nun2:
[/quote]

Thank you! I feel strange about it because like no one has ever heard of the Order I want to join. I don't know much about it either but I'm trying to learn and I'm going on retreat tomorrow with some Sisters of the Order so I hope it helps. I love that little animation running around. It reminds me of The Sound of Music! :smile2: :nun1: :nun2:

MissScripture

I'm Sarah and I've already discerned God's call to marriage and in a few days will celebrate 1 year of answering that call. :proud: But I hang around in here, because I like to be in a place where people don't look at me funny when I say my sister joined a convent. (YAY NASHVILLE DOMNINCANS!!) :proud:

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1297347275' post='2210952']
I was going to post this!!
except with my name :smile3:
[/quote]
It would've been funnier if you did it with her name. :|

AllForYourGlory
:like2: [quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1297376757' post='2211078']
I'm DtA, and I'm discerning with the Nashville Dominicans. God's will be done, not mine! :nunpray:
[/quote]