An Old School Catholic Message Board

Today Begins The New Institute "iesu Communio"

ruso

To 17.00 hour of Spain in the Burgos Chatedral, profess solemnly in his new congregation, after abandoning the Poor Clares. The 181 nuns of Lerma-La Aguilera. Has emerged a new charism.

Before with Poor Clares

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5S4xpax_CE

New habit for a young institute

[img]http://www.masdecerca.com/wp-content/uploads/iesucomunio.jpg[/img]

Edited by ruso

[quote name='stlmom' timestamp='1297519879' post='2211656']
Ruso, welcome back! It has been some time since you have posted!
One question--why did they all leave the Poor Clares?
[/quote]

Hello Stlmom :wave:

Most of vocations came from the new movements as Neocatechumenate, Communion and Liberation and some Charismatic and they evolved to something different from the classic charism of Santa Clara, was that style that attracted many young people to a single convent and finally something different has emerged.

Our brothers of Franciscan spirituality are angry, they said for years that nuns of Lerma, being moved to other convents with few vocations, instead of having so many young nuns in a convent only, but saw that there arose something different, a new way that has been approved from Rome. 4 of the nuns have chosen to remain Poor Clares, the other will join the new institute.
Vocations are not of the religious orders, not of the Church, are God alone and only God gives the calling.

[quote name='ruso' timestamp='1297525576' post='2211673']

Vocations are not of the religious orders, not of the Church, are God alone and only God gives the calling.
[/quote]

This is something I have to disagree to.

"A divine vocation must receive confirmation, approval and official direction from the supremes hierarchy to whom God himself entrusts the ruling of the Church."
-[i]Sedes sapiente[/i], 13

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1297527997' post='2211686']
This is something I have to disagree to.

"A divine vocation must receive confirmation, approval and official direction from the supremes hierarchy to whom God himself entrusts the ruling of the Church."
-[i]Sedes sapiente[/i], 13
[/quote]
[b]confirmation, approval and official direction [/b], yes, but if God does not give the vocation, the Church can not approve, confirm or direct, if the vocation does not exist, In this case we have the mistake of people, not God's call.
well as someone with a religious vocation is to seek advice, but the latest decision of where you should direct this vocation (diocesan, religious, monastic ...), must be entirely yours

franciscanheart

[quote name='ruso' timestamp='1297528953' post='2211688']
but the latest decision of where you should direct this vocation (diocesan, religious, monastic ...), must be entirely yours
[/quote]
actually, that's God's decision.

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1297529775' post='2211693']
actually, that's God's decision.
[/quote]

No, we are free to follow or not, a religious vocation.

Someone may be called to follow a call to religious life, contemplative or active, but even within this calls, there are always all kinds of human factors that influence to enter into one or another congregation or convent.

To which you asked in another thread, the sisters with red hanging are postulants, i don't know what religious symbol is. The veil is light blue.

Tnavarro61: Their charism is evangelization, especially of youth. Many of these sisters lived with her back to God, until they met this community, turned to God and incidentally discovered his religious vocation, as the greatest gift He offered them.

Edited by ruso

franciscanheart

[quote name='ruso' timestamp='1297537942' post='2211728']
No, we are free to follow or not, a religious vocation.
[/quote]
we have the free will to follow or not, my point is more that God calls us to a place that is not born of ourselves. that desire is born of Him and we can choose to go or not.

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1297544688' post='2211741']
we have the free will to follow or not, my point is more that God calls us to a place that is not born of ourselves. that desire is born of Him and we can choose to go or not.
[/quote]

Yes :smile2:

Images of the ceremony

[img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182023_141983679197928_138102852919344_308410_600442_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/169066_141984262531203_138102852919344_308414_5491714_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180483_141990012530628_138102852919344_308433_3294980_n.jpg[/img]

StephenFlanagan

Don't like their new veils just like a head scarf cannot understand why they had to found a new community if the Poor Clares had attracted them in the first place? Why change what is good?

• 2 months later...

[quote name='StephenFlanagan' timestamp='1298129588' post='2213825']
Don't like their new veils just like a head scarf cannot understand why they had to found a new community if the Poor Clares had attracted them in the first place? Why change what is good?
[/quote]

Was not the charisma of the Poor Clares, which attracted many girls to the convent, was the new charisma of Mother Verónica, they are at the beginning of a new road in the Church, there are 400 girls waiting to start and almost 100 in the convent.

[quote name='ruso' timestamp='1304824324' post='2238583']
Was not the charisma of the Poor Clares, which attracted many girls to the convent, was the new charisma of Mother Verónica, they are at the beginning of a new road in the Church, there are 400 girls waiting to start and almost 100 in the convent.
[/quote]

Ruso -- long time no post :) we missed you!

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1304831317' post='2238628']
Ruso -- long time no post :) we missed you!
[/quote]

Hola hermanita :) , estás en mis oraciones, si quieres hacerlo, me dirás como te fue con las hermanas de S. Juán, me gustaría saber algo más de ellas, ya que algunos en España, me piden consejo para ayudarlas a ellas y los hermanos o no hacerlo. Dime si quieres, SOLO SI QUIERES HACERLO, tus impresiones en privado.

Pueden depender varios miles de euros, por eso te pregunto.

Edited by ruso