An Old School Catholic Message Board

Today Begins The New Institute "iesu Communio"

ruso

Guest Cecy

[quote name='ruso' timestamp='1305420242' post='2241595']
Hola hermanita :) , estás en mis oraciones, si quieres hacerlo, me dirás como te fue con las hermanas de S. Juán, me gustaría saber algo más de ellas, ya que algunos en España, me piden consejo para ayudarlas a ellas y los hermanos o no hacerlo. Dime si quieres, SOLO SI QUIERES HACERLO, tus impresiones en privado.

Pueden depender varios miles de euros, por eso te pregunto.
[/quote]

and what would those who think this is not of God say about Mother Teresa of Calcutta and her very large order of sisters???

[quote name='Cecy' timestamp='1305423478' post='2241616']
and what would those who think this is not of God say about Mother Teresa of Calcutta and her very large order of sisters???
[/quote]

Unfortunately, many Catholics are wary of just what they read or see. Not all foundations have been by divine inspiration and know, just look at the Legion of Christ, in Spain are mortally wounded. Our brothers have asked me help to know who to support, Am I wrong to ask if they are good?.

[quote name='ruso' timestamp='1306031739' post='2244379']
Unfortunately, many Catholics are wary of just what they read or see. Not all foundations have been by divine inspiration and know, just look at the Legion of Christ, in Spain are mortally wounded. Our brothers have asked me help to know who to support, Am I wrong to ask if they are good?.
[/quote]

I too have been curious about what Mother Veronica brought to the Poor Clares, why what she did was so attractive and why she had to form a new community.

carmenchristi

[quote name='ruso' timestamp='1306031739' post='2244379']
[/quote]

Would just like to mention, though it is a little off-topic that the Legion of Christ is still going strong, despite the problems they have had. A real and beautiful testimony. I do agree though that it is necessary to be wary, and there are many "charisms" in the Church that are not of divine inspiration. I would be the last person in the world to join one of these new kind of things, but if the Church approves it then it cannot be contested. It is also true that some institutes get their approvation in fishy ways, but God will take care of these too and set them on the right path or have them die out. A charism, once it is approved, belongs to the Church.

• 5 months later...

Now they have their own website:

[url="http://www.iesucommunio.com/Iesu_communio/Iesu_communio.html"]http://www.iesucommunio.com/Iesu_communio/Iesu_communio.html[/url]