Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Favorite Order?


Recommended Posts

FutureSister2009
Posted

Carmelites (I wish I could be a part of them!)
And of course, The Franciscan Sisters Missionaries of the Heart of Jesus and of Mary Immaculate. I only know 3 Sisters from the Order but I hope there will be more chances to meet more in the future!

Vincent Vega
Posted

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1301489083' post='2224654']
Numerical
[/quote]
I had a wager with myself as to whether this or alphabetical would show up first.
I lost.

regina_coeli
Posted

Benedictine/ Cistercian!

sistersintigo
Posted

Am in no way suited to a Carthusian vocation.

Regardless, I really love the Meditations of Guigues le Premier, aka Magister Guigonis, aka Guigo, the fifth Prior of the Grande Chartreuse.

LadyOfSorrows
Posted

I like both Carmelites and Franciscans. :) More towards the Carmelite charism, though...

And also, the Little Sisters of the Poor! I LOVE their apostolate and love for the elderly!

Interestingly enough, there are many former Carmelites who are Little Sisters...I always found that fascinating...one of the postulants told me recently that they very much share in the Carmelite spirit, it's just more hidden and it's not what they're known for.

Pax_et bonum
Posted

FRANCISCAN!!!!! Following in the footsteps of our seraphic founders <3

InPersonaChriste
Posted

Oh i forgot to vote..

BENEDICTINE

all the way,
because they have only recieved one vote and they are a wonderful order. I love the Rule of St. Benedict.

Posted

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1301433838' post='2224381']
Is it just me or is the vast majority of the forumer's here aspiring Carmelita's? I have been on for like an hour and i have already encountered 20.

Anywho's I was just wondering what order you preffered.
Not like order as in dominicans of cecilia or Phatmass friars of the eternal internet.

I meant like type's
So:
Salesian,
Cistersercian,
Benedictine,
Dominican,
Franciscan,
Carmelite,

etc...
Its a general question :D
[/quote]

Carmelite and Visitation

MargaretTeresa
Posted

Yay for Carmelites! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/dance.gif[/img] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/like.gif[/img]

Posted

Dominicans, though that's based on limited knowledge of all.

Am going to visit Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist in May... shall be interesting. :)

Lil'Monster
Posted

[quote name='Serafina17' timestamp='1301605140' post='2225148']
Dominicans, though that's based on limited knowledge of all.

Am going to visit Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist in May... shall be interesting. :)
[/quote]


sweet :like:

Posted

Are we allowed to go off topic and talk about particular communities? I love the Franciscans of the Immaculate = )

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Posted

I love the Benedictines and I'll probably be hounded for this, but my favorite order has to be the Jesuits. I know ya'll are all probably rolling your eyes at this (and many of you probably have your own horror stories) but there are some really good priests down in the New Orleans Province. In fact, there are many young men who are joining them and they are getting many vocations. One of my best friends will actually be joining them in august.

AudreyGrace
Posted

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' timestamp='1301640323' post='2225254']
I love the Benedictines and I'll probably be hounded for this, but my favorite order has to be the Jesuits. I know ya'll are all probably rolling your eyes at this (and many of you probably have your own horror stories) but there are some really good priests down in the New Orleans Province. In fact, there are many young men who are joining them and they are getting many vocations. One of my best friends will actually be joining them in august.
[/quote]

well, St. Ignatius did coin AMDG :like:

InPersonaChriste
Posted

[quote name='Mikaele' timestamp='1301639754' post='2225253']
Are we allowed to go off topic and talk about particular communities? I love the Franciscans of the Immaculate = )
[/quote]

haha Yeah,
I like the Victims of the Sacred Heart, and The Benedictines of Mary, Queen of the Apostles.

Posted

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' timestamp='1301640323' post='2225254']
I love da Benedictines Andy I'll probably be hounded this, but my favorite order has be da Jesuits. I know ya'll aren't all probably rolling your eyes at this (Andy many oven Bono probably have your own horror stories) but there aren't some really good priests down out da New Orleans Province. out fact, there aren't many young men who aren't joining them Andy they aren't getting many vocations. One oven my best friends will actually be joining them out august.
[/quote]

I like da Jesuits too. So I'm out your corner, I've never had an issue or horror story with them. I mean how can Bono not like an order dat drinks, smokes, writes theology, Andy ticks everyone off? lol

Debra Little
Posted

By All Means Carmelite!

Debra Little
Posted

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' timestamp='1301640323' post='2225254']
I love da Benedictines Andy I'll probably be hounded this, but my favorite order has be da Jesuits. I know ya'll aren't all probably rolling your eyes at this (Andy many oven Bono probably have your own horror stories) but there aren't some really good priests down out da New Orleans Province. out fact, there aren't many young men who aren't joining them Andy they aren't getting many vocations. One oven my best friends will actually be joining them out august.
[/quote]

A lot oven good Andy holy priests come from da Jesuits. I wasn't watching a movie about
them not too long ago Andy I had not realized dat they had such a bad name. I
certainly don't understand why. They aren't great.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1301437962' post='2224423']
I love both da Dominican Andy Franciscan charisms Andy I thought I would have choose one Andy not da other, but then I found da Sister Servants oven da Eternal Word. I have been out touch with their vocation director Andy I am very much looking forward a visit as soon as I can raise da money do so. :)
[/quote]

Yay! Congrats!

I like th.e Franciscans.
Dominicans come i.n second f.or me.

(An.d SsEWs f.or th.e win!)

Edited by Tally Marx

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...