An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nail Trouble

Anastasia13

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1302633680' post='2227830']
You might be lacking in biotin. Not many multivitamins include this vitamin in sufficient amounts and it is necessary for good hair, skin, and nails. A good vitamin to try, since I am assuming you are a woman, is a prenatal vitamin. Many doctors recommend women who are in childbearing years to take it because it promotes good health. Do you drink milk or eat coagulated milk? Calcium really promotes good nail growth.

I used to have a lot of problems with flaky nails. They always peeled. I discovered that it was the nail polish I was using, and I have since stopped using regular nail polish altogether. It's important to keep your nailbed moisturized so use a good lotion like Aveeno (what I use) religiously. I have really nice nails now and they no longer flake.

I hope this helps!
[/quote]

Prenatal, now that's an a w e some idea.

They have vitamin formulas for nails. You might try that, too. Check out iherb for a listing.

Anastasia13

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1302815748' post='2228749']
i dont have nail trouble and i dont know why! lol hahahaha

cant help but brag about my beautiful nails! hehehehehe
[/quote]
Ok, if you are going to brag, then I never had a broken nail until I was probably 22. And I have had no more than three in my life time, probably two.

(By broken nail, I mean the edge, not the novel flake thing I refer to here.)