An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kids Say The Darndest Things...

Brother Adam

Brother Adam

What are your favorite moments with your kids parents?

Yesterday at our place:

Daddy: You go upstairs and play Bethany.
2 year old: No talking me daddy, you go to bed.
Daddy: Bethany!
2 year old: I count to three, 1, 2
Daddy: 3! Time out!
2 year old: Yes. 1 minute. Time out daddy. Now please.

Archaeology cat

Yesterday Kieran told us he was dancing like a giant spider crab. He also needs to work for the Ministry of Silly Walks, because every so often he'll just say that it's time to do a silly walk. I'm sure we get strange looks when we're out, but we have fun.

Charlotte's started to talk a lot now. The other day she kept going up to the computer and asking for PowPow (my dad), so I got him on Skype. This was the conversation:
Charlotte: PowPow?
my dad: yes?
Charlotte: Cat. (Fire)bert. Bye-bye (while waving to herself)

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]My 4-yr-old is drawing a picture of a Star Wars Stormtrooper and Darth Vader. He has a caption over Darth's head with some scribble in it. It looks like he is trying to put that Darth is saying something. I ask him what does it say.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]My 4-yr-old says, "I don't know. I can't read."[/size][/font]

Edited by Papist

My 2.5 year old chastizes her stuffed animals for passing gas.

'no!'

'max, no tinky'

(tinky is addie-ese for stinky)

then she rolls her eyes, sighs, and puts max in the corner, away from the other stuffed animals...out of courtesy i suppose.

rhetoricfemme

Edward loves his cars and when we're at the store and he's in the cart, he makes his car noise at the top of his lungs. [i] BRRRRDDRRRR!!![/i]

He also hands his shoes to us when he's ready to go outside or somewhere else.

I'm not a parent, but I have little siblings...

My sister, who was then five, was telling someone about a seminarian friend of ours.
"He goes to priest-school."

My godchild, two years old, was holding a baby bunny.
Pointing to it, she said in a VERY deep voice:
"Imma eat dat!"

Last week at I-Hop, kids eat free...

ME: OK Kaylie, I know you're almost a teenager, but you have to order off the kids menu.

KAYLIE: No, my mom lets me order off the adult menu.

ME: Your mom is not here, and you have no money. Kids menu is free today.

KAYLIE: UGH! I'm tired of being treated like a little kid! This is not fair!!! Why can't people just treat me like an adult!?

WAITRESS: So, what will you have?

KAYLIE: I'll take the smiley face pancake.

IcePrincessKRS

Me: "You're grounded till you grow up. I just decided."

My 6 yr old: "Till we're grown up!? That's pretty much going to take a WEEK!"

(They really are grounded. I told them to clean their room so I could vacuum and they neglected to get everything up, and as I swiped by the edge of the bed I hit a purse strap hidden behind the bedskirt and it broke the belt on my vacuum. They were specifically told to clean UNDER the bed so I didn't vacuum up any junk and break my brand new vacuum cleaner. They are grounded till tomorrow when the replacement part arrives.)

Groo the Wanderer

A signed note from my daughter that I carry with me in my wallet. She wrote it many years ago:

"When I'm 18 I promise I will not want to date someone 36."

IcePrincessKRS

My husband has (had haha) a copy of the book "I Am Legend" and the cover scares the poopie out of my kids. I told them to throw it away if they were so bothered by it and they are freaking out. They went and got it, kept their eyes closed, and walked it to the trash. Including scaling the baby gate with eyes squinted shut. They are such little drama queens.

MissScripture

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1303909599' post='2233872']
My 2.5 year old chastizes her stuffed animals for passing gas.

'no!'

'max, no tinky'

(tinky is addie-ese for stinky)

then she rolls her eyes, sighs, and puts max in the corner, away from the other stuffed animals...out of courtesy i suppose.
[/quote]
Didn't Peyton name one of her stuffed animals Nietzsche?

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1303954303' post='2234093']
My husband has (had haha) a copy of the book "I Am Legend" and the cover scares the poopie out of my kids. I told them to throw it away if they were so bothered by it and they are freaking out. They went and got it, kept their eyes closed, and walked it to the trash. Including scaling the baby gate with eyes squinted shut. They are such little drama queens.
[/quote]
:lol4: :lol4: :lol4: :lol4: this makes me laugh so hard :lol4: :lol4: :lol4: :lol4: :lol4: :lol4: