An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bin Laden Dead!

Cherie

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1304306984' post='2235574']
No Lord don't. If I'm supposed to believe in hell I need to know without a shadow of a doubt this waste of flesh is rotting and suffering there.
[/quote]

Really?

What happened to Jesus' command to "Love our enemies and pray for those who persecute you"?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1304306984' post='2235574']
No Lord don't. If I'm supposed to believe in hell I need to know without a shadow of a doubt this waste of flesh is rotting and suffering there.
[/quote]
[43] You have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thy enemy. [44] But I say to you, Love your enemies: do good to them that hate you: and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you: [45] That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven, who maketh his sun to rise upon the good, and bad, and raineth upon the just and the unjust.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1304307072' post='2235576']
Really?

What happened to Jesus' command to "Love our enemies and pray for those who persecute you"?
[/quote]
I checked. It's still there. :|

[quote name='Tony' timestamp='1304305486' post='2235550']
it could be a negative change, hence why they should of kept it a secret
[/quote]

Unless there was some serious, serious security reason to keep it secret there is no moral or political justification for keeping that kind of news secret from the American people.

They did keep it secret a few hours to address some security concerns.

in this situation, i think it would be appropriate to say, "Lord, I do not want to pray for this man, nor his salvation, but I know that you would want me to. Help me to want to pray for this man."

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1304307124' post='2235577']
[43] You have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thy enemy. [44] But I say to you, Love your enemies: do good to them that hate you: and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you: [45] That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven, who maketh his sun to rise upon the good, and bad, and raineth upon the just and the unjust.

I checked. It's still there. :|
[/quote]
Ok fine I hope he ends up in Heaven. I really do but then who goes to hell? Really who ? O ya the catholic who masturbates and doesn't go to confession. Duh ! lol

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1304307349' post='2235581']
Ok fine I hope he ends up in Heaven. I really do but then who goes to hell? Really who ? O ya the catholic who masturbates and doesn't go to confession. Duh ! lol
[/quote]
Our personal guilt for our sins has nothing whatsoever to do with the sins of anybody else. It is up to you and you alone to embrace God's mercy, and the fact that other people reject it and do terrible things has no bearing on that.

dominicansoul

[/quote]

rotfl

Vincent Vega

[/quote]
The harder it is to bring yourself to pray for somebody, the more it means to God. ;) It will only make you a better person. Don't forget, above all, our God is a just God. No-one gets what he doesn't deserve.

[size="1"][i](Edit - first one didn't make sense)[/i][/size]

Edited by USAirwaysIHS

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1304307527' post='2235585']
Don't forget, above all, our God is a just God. No-one gets what he does - or doesn't - deserve.
[/quote]
yikes. thanks for that. i [i]was[/i] going to try to go to bed, but....now i'm gonna be up thinking about that.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1304306898' post='2235570']
interesting or nerve racking?
[/quote]
Yes.

I guess I'm confused help me understand. What is the use of praying for the man ? He's dead. He had the choice of picking heaven or hell while alive. He went with murdering innocent people. What is there to pray abought when you die its final ?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1304307864' post='2235590']
I guess I'm confused help me understand. What is the use of praying for the man ? He's dead. He had the choice of picking heaven or hell while alive. He went with murdering innocent people. What is there to pray abought when you die its final ?
[/quote]
God is outside time, so when our prayers go to Him, they too are no longer bound by the constraints of linear time. Your prayers for him now may mean that he repented a week ago when he was killed, or whatever it was.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1304307813' post='2235588']
Yes.
[/quote]
thanks. :P

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1304307938' post='2235591']God is outside time, so when our prayers go to Him, they too are no longer bound by the constraints of linear time. [/quote]
thankfully!! :)

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1304307938' post='2235591']
God is outside time, so when our prayers go to Him, they too are no longer bound by the constraints of linear time. Your prayers for him now may mean that he repented a week ago when he was killed, or whatever it was.
[/quote]

:like:

Well said.

Nihil Obstat

When the thought occurs to me, I often pray for people who went through trials in the nearer past, because I know that my prayers now may have affected them then. I also pray that people who died in the past, especially martyrs, that their death was not in vain, and that they took comfort from their suffering. Some of these people experienced their death many years or centuries in the past, but to God their death is still very much a reality, as is our own.