An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Countdown Till I Go Off To Carmel

carmelite15

MargaretTeresa

The being late thing is fine. :) I'm counting down with you through these novenas.

faithcecelia

[quote name='carmelite15' timestamp='1305559169' post='2242276']
[size="5"]Yes only 96 days now Yay!!![/size]

[/quote]

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Have you ever visited any convents, especially carmelite convents? I know you said you contacted a lot and they didn't respond (except the one you will be visiting), so I wondered how far you've gotten.

I keep wanting the SsEW to be THE order, and I haven't even visited yet. My spiritual director is always telling me to slow down as we don't even know that it's THE order, and they tell me not to put all my eggs in one basket. :hehe:

Edited by JoyfulLife

FutureSister2009

I believe she saw another one in St. Louis but I will let her tell the story since it is her story!

carmelite15

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1305560863' post='2242286']
Have you ever visited any convents, especially carmelite convents? I know you said you contacted a lot and they didn't respond (except the one you will be visiting), so I wondered how far you've gotten.

I keep wanting the SsEW to be THE order, and I haven't even visited yet. My spiritual director is always telling me to slow down as we don't even know that it's THE order, and they tell me not to put all my eggs in one basket. :hehe:
[/quote]

I did contact alot but they were just like oh well you just have to wait I need to go to school. But I know what you mean I dont want to put my eggs all in one basket but when you find something you know that is so right and you feel it you know it is for you! It was like when I walked in a Catholic Church for the first time I just knew I was home.

faithcecelia

[quote name='carmelite15' timestamp='1305776141' post='2243469']
I did contact alot but they were just like oh well you just have to wait I need to go to school. But I know what you mean I dont want to put my eggs all in one basket but when you find something you know that is so right and you feel it you know it is for you! It was like when I walked in a Catholic Church for the first time I just knew I was home.
[/quote]

I used to be very wary of people who entered very quickly and/or very young. However I had over 2yrs discernment before I entered and it still didn't work out for me. So I would say go for it! Don't burn your bridges, don't give away all your possessions yet 'just in case', but give it a go! If it is Gods will then it will work out, if not you will have had a very valuable experience and be able to rethink with your eyes open. If God has called you young then believe it is because he wants your youth xx

OnlySunshine

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1305796185' post='2243534']
Do you have the web link to the community? Just cos I'm nosey!:whistle:
[/quote]

The Carmel of Cristo Rey is in the process of creating a website. They just have a construction page, which has been up forever. Here is their IRL page:

http://db.religiouslife.com/reg_life/irl.nsf/org/99

FutureSister2009

I love following Brandee's countdown, but I want to start my own so badly! :sad2:

faithcecelia

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1305798278' post='2243536']
The Carmel of Cristo Rey is in the process of creating a website. They just have a construction page, which has been up forever. Here is their IRL page:

[url="http://db.religiouslife.com/reg_life/irl.nsf/org/99"]http://db.religiousl.../irl.nsf/org/99[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks!