An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Those Who Are Keeping Score

Jaime

thessalonian

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1306088806' post='2244493']
Yeah, and Jesus does repeat himself more than 3 times, so ..
[/quote]

Too bad 2X4s hadn't been invented yet. There was only so much he could do.

thessalonian

[quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1306076629' post='2244468']
and thus the logical follow-up question:

how many times are the gays mentioned?
[/quote]

Well let's see. Leviticus, Romans, Corinthians. I can think of at least three.

HisChildForever

I've been amazed by the amount of Christians who believed that the "rapture" would happen on Saturday. "Believers" weren't just preaching on city streets. Today my friend at the bank told me that one such believer said to him (yesterday, early afternoon) that "May 21st" was written in the Bible. One has to wonder what the man was doing in the bank just a couple hours before he'd be raptured away though.

It's quite sad. I stumbled across one believer's Facebook page in the early hours of the morning and she was claiming that she'd be raptured by 8am EST because it was still May 21st in the world's last time zone. I checked her page a few hours ago, it's been disabled. Others are frantically reworking the "math" and now believing that they were off by a day or possibly a week.

Edited by HisChildForever

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1306103902' post='2244588']
I've been amazed by the amount of Christians who believed that the "rapture" would happen on Saturday. "Believers" weren't just preaching on city streets. Today my friend at the bank told me that one such believer said to him (yesterday, early afternoon)[b] that "May 21st" was written in the Bible[/b]. One has to wonder what the man was doing in the bank just a couple hours before he'd be raptured away though.

It's quite sad. I stumbled across one believer's Facebook page in the early hours of the morning and she was claiming that she'd be raptured by 8am EST because it was still May 21st in the world's last time zone. I checked her page a few hours ago, it's been disabled. Others are frantically reworking the "math" and now believing that they were off by a day or possibly a week.
[/quote]
to the bolded part: what the heck? :blink: i guess the Catholic Bibles do leave [b]something[/b] out after all!!

RashaLampa

Protestants make religion look silly. All this "rapture" business, when it doesn't happen, leaves the skeptic feeling quite free to pat himself on the back and say "glad I'm not mixed up in that delusional 'organized religion' stuff." It's a great shame.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1306033076' post='2244388']
I suppose that's one way of looking at it nicely, but I see him as no better than Luther or Calvin or Smith or anyone else who have, in their pride, done nothing but lead people away from the True Church. God have mercy on him for his (at best) misguidance (or at worst, outright lies).
[/quote]

Lets not minimize the horridness of Luther and Calvin by putting him in the same catagory with them.

Edited by Don John of Austria

thessalonian

Once Saved Always Saved and the Pre-Trib Rapture theory are to of the most human and therefore two of the most unbelievable theologies of protestantism. They are a denial of the cross, a rejection of the role of pain and suffering in our lives. God did not come here to allow us to live in our muck and when the going gets tuff, pull us out of here. THere is no way that we americans suffer as much today as the early Christians who's lives were at stake and who were fed to lions. Yet today we are something special that God is going to rapture out of this earth? Really?

Edited by thessalonian

Anastasia13

[quote name='RashaLampa' timestamp='1306105461' post='2244601']
Protestants make religion look silly. All this "rapture" business, when it doesn't happen, leaves the skeptic feeling quite free to pat himself on the back and say "glad I'm not mixed up in that delusional 'organized religion' stuff." It's a great shame.
[/quote]
Not all Protestants make it look silly. Idiots make religion look silly. God help us all. May the name of our Lord be praised and exalted, not shamed.

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1306177060' post='2244965']
Once Saved Always Saved and the Pre-Trib Rapture theory are to of the most human and therefore two of the most unbelievable theologies of protestantism. They are a denial of the cross, a rejection of the role of pain and suffering in our lives. God did not come here to allow us to live in our muck and when the going gets tuff, pull us out of here. THere is no way that we americans suffer as much today as the early Christians who's lives were at stake and who were fed to lions. Yet today we are something special that God is going to rapture out of this earth? Really?
[/quote]

Yeah, def. bad theology, so the fruits are not surprisingly...a bit dismal.

But on a more positive note, a priest told me that a woman came to see him on Sat. for her first confession in 40 years. I somehow doubt it was a coincidence that she picked *that* day to return to the sacraments......

Groo the Wanderer

some got raptured.....so said Douglas Adams...

[img]http://www.ncismanga.dreamhosters.com/solong.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Light and Truth' timestamp='1306184643' post='2245029']
Not all Protestants make it look silly. Idiots make religion look silly. God help us all. May the name of our Lord be praised and exalted, not shamed.
[/quote]
:like: