An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama: Working On Gun Control Under The Radar

Lil Red

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1306894270' post='2248487']
source?
[/quote]
Titular Archbishop of Canosa
Apostolic Nuncio
Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the United Nations

A native of Cuneo, in the Piedmont region of Italy, His Excellency Archbishop Celestino Migliore was born in 1952 and ordained a priest in 1977.

Having obtained his [b]master's degree in theology[/b], Archbishop Migliore pursued his studies at the Pontifical Lateran University, where he was awarded the [b]Doctorate in Canon Law[/b]. In 1980, after graduating from Pontifical Academy for Ecclesiastical Diplomacy, he joined the Holy See's diplomatic service.

He served at the Apostolic Nunciatures in Angola (1980-1984), Washington, D.C. (1984-1988), Egypt (1988-1989), and Poland (1989-1992). In April 1992 he was appointed Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, France, and from December 1995 to October 2002 served as Under-Secretary of the Section for Relations with States of the Secretariat of State, at the Vatican.

While in Rome, he also taught [b]Ecclesiastical Diplomacy[/b] at the Pontifical Lateran University in Rome as a Visiting Professor.

On 30 October 2002, he was nominated Apostolic Nuncio and Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the United Nations, in New York.
[url="http://worldcath2010.depaul.edu/Speakers/Migliore.aspx"]http://worldcath2010.depaul.edu/Speakers/Migliore.aspx[/url]

Edited by Nihil Obstat

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1306896450' post='2248496']
Thanks

And you believe that he's speaking for himself and not for the Vatican?
[/quote]
What do you mean by "the Vatican"?

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1306896585' post='2248497']
What do you mean by "the Vatican"?
[/quote]

You've heard of the Vatican right?

He's the Vatican representative for the UN. My assumption is that when he speaks in that role, he is speaking for the Vatican and not just offering a personal opinion.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1306896936' post='2248500']

He's the Vatican representative for the UN. My assumption is that when he speaks in that role, he is speaking for the Vatican and not just offering a personal opinion.
[/quote]

As a representitive of the government of the vatican, as a government?

Or as the the Church?

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1306897074' post='2248502']

Or as the the Church?
[/quote]

Ok so here's a quiz.

Who is the current leader of the Vatican (the Church)?

Who is the current leader of the Vatican (the government)?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1306896936' post='2248500']

[/quote]

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1306897074' post='2248502']

Or as the the Church?
[/quote]
Exactly. Are you trying to say that he, for instance, is speaking with infallible Magisterial authority as a representative of the Vatican?

Nihil Obstat

When Celestino Migliore speaks as a UN permanent observer, I don't think we need to suggest that his statements require the assent of the faithful. I think that would be stretching his episcopal authority to a rather silly degree.

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1306897242' post='2248504']
Ok so here's a quiz.

[/quote]

Nihil you can ask your learned friend if you need help

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1306897600' post='2248509']
Nihil you can ask your learned friend if you need help
[/quote]
Lay off. I'm not playing your games.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1306897242' post='2248504']
Ok so here's a quiz.

[/quote]

That is irrelevent. The temproial authority of the Church is real and important, but it is not the same as the Magestirial Authority of the Church. THe Pope favored illiam the Conquers claim tothe Throne of England, that didn't mean Harold wasn't a good Catholic.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1306898138' post='2248513']
That is irrelevent. The temproial authority of the Church is real and important, but it is not the same as the Magestirial Authority of the Church. THe Pope favored illiam the Conquers claim tothe Throne of England, that didn't mean Harold wasn't a good Catholic.
[/quote]

I disagree.

It is the Magisterial Authority that appoints the position. The person in that position speaks on behalf of the Magisterial Authority.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1306897910' post='2248512']
Lay off. I'm not playing your games.
[/quote]

I get it. It's hard to play with the big boys.

Feel free to insert some wacky picture with misspelled words on it if it will make you feel better.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1306901452' post='2248524']
I get it. It's hard to play with the big boys.

Feel free to insert some wacky picture with misspelled words on it if it will make you feel better.
[/quote]
What do you hope to accomplish by continually mocking me? Does it make you feel like a real adult? Are the adults around you so unable to put up with you that instead you need to make fun of people half your age in order to feel that you have some sort of power?
I pity you. You have to live with yourself forever. If I chose, I'd never have to hear a single thing from you again.