An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Question For Converts

littleflower+JMJ

homeschoolmom

I think truth is kinda like a grain of sand to an oyster. It irritates so much that eventually it produces a pearl. If you go looking for the truth, you find it. If you don't-- you won't... (although I guess sometimes truth wacks you on the head without warning... :fishslap: so there goes my whole analogy!) :lol:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Apr 28 2004, 08:51 AM'] I think truth is kinda like a grain of sand to an oyster. It irritates so much that eventually it produces a pearl. If you go looking for the truth, you find it. If you don't-- you won't... (although I guess sometimes truth wacks you on the head without warning... :fishslap: so there goes my whole analogy!) :lol: [/quote]
I think you're right, hsmom. That's how my experience was. I never wanted to leave my other church -- to the contrary, I loved it very much and love many of the people there -- but once I started thinking about the Catholic Church I couldn't get it out of my head.

I feel like a visit to Rome would be totally cool. It would be a real eye-opener to my faith, and I wouldn't question it any further.