catholicinsd Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 I dislike the Hutterites almost as much as I hate shellfish. I blame this cult for the Urbanization trend that has been extremely prevalent in the Midwest following WWII. You agree or disagree with me?
catholicinsd Posted July 20, 2011 Author Posted July 20, 2011 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1311123407' post='2270539'] The Hutterites love you, though. [/quote] They have a funny way of showing it.
4588686 Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1311123407' post='2270539'] The Hutterites love you, though. [/quote] Not as much as I do. Nobody loves him like I do. He's never going to really be happy until he sees that. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/brickwall.gif[/img]
catholicinsd Posted July 20, 2011 Author Posted July 20, 2011 Please guys, this is a serious topic to me.
MissScripture Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1311123547' post='2270545'] i phatmass. [/quote]
homeschoolmom Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 I'm actually interested in hearing your theory of how the Hutterites have caused the urbanization of the midwest. Not trying to be snotty, but they are not really in what I would consider "the midwest." I generally think of "the Midwest" as further east than where I generally think of Hutterites as living (the Dakotas, Montana, western Canada...) So, enlighten me.
catholicinsd Posted July 20, 2011 Author Posted July 20, 2011 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1311123851' post='2270553'] I'm actually interested in hearing your theory of how the Hutterites have caused the urbanization of the midwest. Not trying to be snotty, but they are not really in what I would consider "the midwest." I generally think of "the Midwest" as further east than where I generally think of Hutterites as living (the Dakotas, Montana, western Canada...) So, enlighten me. [/quote] The buying power of the Colonies has made family farming all but impossible.
MissScripture Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1311123851' post='2270553'] I'm actually interested in hearing your theory of how the Hutterites have caused the urbanization of the midwest. Not trying to be snotty, but they are not really in what I would consider "the midwest." I generally think of "the Midwest" as further east than where I generally think of Hutterites as living (the Dakotas, Montana, western Canada...) So, enlighten me. [/quote] Hey! Don't be kicking the Dakotas out of the midwest! This is the midwest: [img]http://millcitycapital.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/midwest.jpg[/img]
homeschoolmom Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 I think you should have a bgger beef (no pun intented) with ADM and corporate farming.
catholicinsd Posted July 20, 2011 Author Posted July 20, 2011 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1311124332' post='2270568'] I think you should have a bgger beef (no pun intented) with ADM and corporate farming. [/quote] Hutterite Colonies are corporate farms.
homeschoolmom Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1311124290' post='2270567'] Hey! Don't be kicking the Dakotas out of the midwest! This is the midwest: [img]http://millcitycapital.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/midwest.jpg[/img] [/quote] [img]http://wikitravel.org/upload/shared//thumb/1/1d/Map-USA-Midwest01.png/350px-Map-USA-Midwest01.png[/img][quote name='IrishGermanNorwegian' timestamp='1311124429' post='2270574'] Hutterite Colonies are corporate farms. [/quote] So?
Vincent Vega Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 (edited) I'm shooting up the bullhonkey flag. I do not care to live in a world in which Kansas is not part of the Midwest. Edited July 20, 2011 by USAirwaysIHS
MissScripture Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1311124508' post='2270576'] [img]http://wikitravel.org/upload/shared//thumb/1/1d/Map-USA-Midwest01.png/350px-Map-USA-Midwest01.png[/img] So? [/quote] So, given that scenario, what happens to the Dakotas? I can't find any maps giving the Dakotas to the North West... Why does everyone hate us?
Azriel Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 I'm curious why its considered a cult. And that is a serious question, because I have virtually no knowledge of the Hutterites.
homeschoolmom Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 You're in the Great Plains, crybaby. [img]http://www.usbr.gov/gp/lakes_reservoirs/region.gif[/img]
MissScripture Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 [quote name='Azriel' timestamp='1311124728' post='2270582'] I'm curious why its considered a cult. And that is a serious question, because I have virtually no knowledge of the Hutterites. [/quote] I've always pictured them somewhat like the Amish, though I could be wrong.
catholicinsd Posted July 20, 2011 Author Posted July 20, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1311124856' post='2270585'] I've always pictured them somewhat like the Amish, though I could be wrong. [/quote] The Amish don't have mutli-million dollar farm equipment.
MissScripture Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1311124802' post='2270584'] You're in the Great Plains, crybaby. [img]http://www.usbr.gov/gp/lakes_reservoirs/region.gif[/img] [/quote] We were never taught that as a region when I was in school. These were the regions we were taught (at a school in Minnesota, no less. ): [img]http://teach.fcps.net/trt14/US%20Regions/regions_copy.jpg[/img]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now