An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Countdown For The Sake Of Counting Down

TeresaBenedicta

TeresaBenedicta

[b]9 days until I move!!![/b]

:blink:

I'm not even CLOSE to being ready.

My room isn't sorted out yet... but at least I've done my laundry.

3 more days at work.

A camping trip.

Packing. Leaving. Oy!

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1311615682' post='2275711']
:woot: :w00t: but ahhh!!!! Only 9 days!!!!!!! Did you find a car/work something out yet?
[/quote]

A priest friend of mine called and said that their parish has a car that their nun used to use... but that it's been sitting in the garage without use for a while now. So they're having a mechanic take a look at the car to make sure it's in good shape to use and, if so, they're going to sell it to me for a rather discounted price. Praise God! :clapping:

faithcecelia

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1311616024' post='2275715']
A priest friend of mine called and said that their parish has a car that their nun used to use... but that it's been sitting in the garage without use for a while now. So they're having a mechanic take a look at the car to make sure it's in good shape to use and, if so, they're going to sell it to me for a rather discounted price. Praise God! :clapping:
[/quote]

Wonderful news!:dance:

LaPetiteSoeur

This is so exciting!! So are you driving all the way to the sisters? That's a long, long way....

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1311628904' post='2275862']
This is so exciting!! So are you driving all the way to the sisters? That's a long, long way....
[/quote]

Haha, no way! I'm flying out next Wednesday, picking up my "new" car, and then going to the sisters.

Whew.

Could you imagine 3,000+ miles in the heat wave that has hit the country? Oy!

LaPetiteSoeur

My daddy and I drove half way across the country. It was a very, um, interesting experience. Though I'm glad I wasn't with my mama--she and a friend got to drive four cats that distance!

It's great that you get to fly!

MargaretTeresa

I'm praying for you TB!

[size="5"][color="#ff0000"]2 weeks and 2 days until I move!!! [/color][/size]
[size="5"][color="#ff0000"]
[/color][/size]
[size=2]Mass and nun run and new apartment, oh my![/size]

TeresaBenedicta

One week until I fly out.

I just had my last day of work today... I can't believe I'm leaving. My parishioners have been so wonderful to me... I'm truly humbled. Last night my evening Bible study surprised me with a homemade dinner at one of their houses. We all ate, laughed, and enjoyed each other's company for a few hours. Such a blessing.

Tomorrow is major clean out my room day. Then on Friday I head to the coast with my parents and my brother and his family for a mini camping trip. THEN it'll be two and a half days to pack and be off!!

I have to admit that I'm overwhelmed. By how much I need to do... but mostly I'm scared. I'm scared to give [i]everything[/i]. I [i]want[/i] to give everything... but it terrifies me. Illogical? Maybe.

NovemberFourth

So exciting! You just know that this week is going to fly by don't you? :)

Prayers for you, lots of them. :)

N4

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1311827401' post='2277374']
One week until I fly out.

I just had my last day of work today... I can't believe I'm leaving. My parishioners have been so wonderful to me... I'm truly humbled. Last night my evening Bible study surprised me with a homemade dinner at one of their houses. We all ate, laughed, and enjoyed each other's company for a few hours. Such a blessing.

Tomorrow is major clean out my room day. Then on Friday I head to the coast with my parents and my brother and his family for a mini camping trip. THEN it'll be two and a half days to pack and be off!!

I have to admit that I'm overwhelmed. By how much I need to do... but mostly I'm scared. I'm scared to give [i]everything[/i]. I [i]want[/i] to give everything... but it terrifies me. Illogical? Maybe.
[/quote]

Not illogical. Perfectly normal. If you weren't nervous, you don't realize the importance of the step you're taking. You obviously have great gifts, which have been recognized by your parish, and I predict that you will do very well. And you will now be able to discern much more successfully what you want to do in the future.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='NovemberFourth' timestamp='1311844732' post='2277441']
So exciting! You just know that this week is going to fly by don't you? :)

Prayers for you, lots of them. :)

N4
[/quote]

Oh, don't I know it... far too quickly! Still so much to do!

[quote name='Jennirom' timestamp='1311845786' post='2277442']
Prayers for you at ths exciting time.
[/quote]

Thanks, I definitely need them!

[quote name='Yaatee' timestamp='1311870421' post='2277543']

Not illogical. Perfectly normal. If you weren't nervous, you don't realize the importance of the step you're taking. You obviously have great gifts, which have been recognized by your parish, and I predict that you will do very well. And you will now be able to discern much more successfully what you want to do in the future.
[/quote]

Oi. Well, let's storm Heaven for more grace for this little one, because it's getting difficult, to be sure!