An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Countdown For The Sake Of Counting Down

TeresaBenedicta

TeresaBenedicta

God is good!

I'm feeling a lot less overwhelmed now... I was able to get through a good portion of my room, which included sending off nine big black bags and two boxes of "stuff" to the goodwill. :blush: My mom laughed at me and said that in my next life (joking) I'll go through my stuff at the end of each "big step"... meaning, going into high school, going off to college, etc. I literally hadn't been through my room since I was 8 years old. :eek:

Now we're going on a short camping trip, Fri-Sun. My parents and I are leaving in about an or hour so, and my brother and his family (wife, 2 nephews, and a niece) will be joining us later in the day. We'll also be about fifteen minutes from the coast! It's going to be a nice weekend- a perfect way to spend time with the family before I go.

Then I have Monday and Tuesday to finish getting my stuff put together... and I leave on Wednesday!! :yahoo:

Still haven't heard back from Father about the car, but I'm not going to worry too much. I'm sure it's still be checked by the mechanic. He seems pretty intent in making sure I get something. Aaaaaand then I just need to call the convent again sometime next week when we figure out exactly what time we plan to head over. I'm also going to ask if my best friend can stay the night- she living about 7 hours away and came down to pick me up from the airport and hang out for two days prior. I think they'll be more than willing to give her a place to stay for the night before she head back home.

And just because I had to use this smiley :jester:

See y'all on Sunday evening! (Also: Say a little prayer that we get back in time for me to make the Sunday evening Mass. I'm almost certain we will- we have to be out of the campsite by 11AM and we're only two hours away... but you never know what sorts of random stops/trips parents like to make!)

regina_coeli

So glad you are starting to enjoy the transition. Plans look amesome. Prayers for a great weekend and days to follow!

Catherine Therese

Exciting countdowns, everyone - best of luck and go with my prayers!!
For me: 10 days until I leave Australia. 15 days until I enter the NDs.

TeresaBenedicta

3 days.

Feeling a bit melancholic today. Got back from camping with the kiddos and the rest of the family... only now to not know when I'll see them again. Hopefully Christmas time. Of course I knew this was coming... but still. I love those little ones so much. My six year old nephew clung to me for about ten minutes, crying. :( The other two (much youngers) didn't quite understand that it'd be a long time until we'd see each other again.

Tomorrow the cleaning and packing resumes. One of my families from the parish is having me over for dinner tomorrow night...

I get in almost midnight on Wed. and my best friend is picking me up from the airport. We're going to head back up to our alma mater (she's a FOCUS missionary doing some fundraising up there) and on Thursday, two of our comrades, newly ordained priests, are going to join us and they're going to concelebrate a private Mass for us!

TeresaBenedicta

A day and a half.

Did a little last minute shopping- so now I have a good, albeit small, wardrobe, that is appropriate dress wear for work. Just need to put everything into suitcases and clean and organize what's left in my room.

I also need to call sister and see what time they should expect me.

The car is officially a deal!

So now I just need to worry about getting my Maryland license and insurance.

TeresaBenedicta

Less than 24 hours until I'm on a plane, flying far away.

I have a certain Irish song stuck in my head. In particular,

"I'm sad to say, I must be on me way, so buy me beer and whiskey 'cause I'm goin' far away, I'd like to think me returning when I can..."

TeresaBenedicta

Well, today's the day! I leave for the airport in a few hours, will spend about 8 1/2 hours traveling, and then arrive, God-willing, safely into Baltimore. My best friend is picking me up and we're going up to our [i]alma mater[/i] for the duration of Thursday and Friday (she's a FOCUS missionary and doing some fundraising there). Whilst there, one of our good friends who is a priest in Harrisburg is coming down and is going to celebrate Mass for us. We're going to dinner, maybe some bowling, and then head up to Harrisburg to pick up/purchase my car! AND THEN, on Friday evening, I'll be heading back down to DC to move in with the sisters!!!

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super nervous, too. I have no idea what this is going to be like. None whatsoever. Ahhh but God is good. So, so good!!!

Just as a side note... I won't likely be on phatmass nearly as much I have been lately. I'll be much busier than I am now and I don't plan on using my computer while at the convent. So that means periodic check-ins at work or stops at internet cafes.

Please, please keep me in your prayers! And know, of course, of my prayers for you as well!

God love you!

MargaretTeresa

Praying. Please pray I don't strangle my mom. She doesn't understand that I pack in a way that doesn't make sense to her but makes sense to me. :doh:

One week until I move

faithcecelia

Oh all the best! I will keep you very much in prayer and look out for your occasional updates. Please try to remember to pray for me too nect week as I head to Notting Hill for me live in.