An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Could Have Dinner With Any Four Saints...

LaPetiteSoeur

Blessed Mother and St. Joseph (they can count as 1)
St. Louis de Montford (I'm going through the total consecration for the first time right now)
St. Peter (I've gotten close to him lately)
The Little Flower (she's just wonderful)

Ok here is my short list,
St Thomas Aquinas- patron and hes a.wesome
St Edith Stein- again patron and a.wesome
St Joan of Arc -She's my PM patron this year so having her over for dinner is a given
St Ignatius of Loyola- We have some things to discuss
St Catherine of Sienna - another saint that I have always loved
St Dominic - just for fun

only four. :|

Bl. Mother Teresa
St. Therese
St. Augustine

& Our Lady of course :love:

the 4th one was too difficult so I just chose Mary. :P

*the fight was between St. Teresa of Avila, St. Clare, St. Francis, St. Monica, St. Rita, St. Jude, St. Dominic, St. Cecilia, St. Anne Line, St. Damien, Bl. Marianne Kope, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Philomena, St. Joseph, St. Lucy. :|

Edited by MessorCarus

i<3franciscans

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1321943168' post='2339359']
I wouldn't want to dinner with four saints. What in the name of heaven would I serve?
[/quote]
Nothing I guess after all they don't eat in heaven.

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1321966438' post='2339387']
Nothing I guess after all they don't eat in heaven.
[/quote]

Now wait - that's changing the rules after the game has started. If we're going to have "dinner" with them, one would have to serve some kind of food, no?

Which saint was the best cook? Because that's who I'd want to invite....

Just kidding :)

Putting the Blessed Mother in the kitchen wouldn't make me a very gracious hostess! But she is the 'freebie' guest, remember, so everyone gets to invite her plus 4 more.

[b]St. Francis of Assisi.[/b] Even if he would probably not look at me, he'd be a lot of fun. Also, I doubt he's a picky eater, so you could put anything in front of him and not be nervous. Basically, he's the closest you could come to meeting Jesus (in my completely biased opinion), so...yeah, top of the guest list.

I was going to do an even split between Carmelites and Franciscans, until I saw that [b]Bl. John Paul the Great[/b] made so many other lists. So, he's counting as one of my Carmelites, since he was a Carmelite at heart ;). I'd love to sit down and have a meal with him. Also, he could translate between everyone else at the table, so that will be good.

Only 2 left....hmm....for the Franciscans, I have Anthony of Padua, Clare of Assisi, Maximillian Kolbe or Padre Pio. And for the Carmelites, St. John of the Cross or Teresa of Avila would be my top two.

Well, I don't want to be the only girl at the table (might be a bit weird), so I'll invite [b]St. Clare.[/b] Dinner with her and St. Francis has to be pretty amesome ;). And that way I can invite [b]St. John of the Cross[/b] too, and I'm sure Bl. John Paul would enjoy meeting him!

Should be an amesome meal. I'll just sit quietly and observe, since I don't speak Italian ;).

Edited by MithLuin

Well, hey, if you're *volunteering* to help out in the kitchen, then sure, by all means! :)

Now that I think about it, I'd probably be intimidated to serve the Virgin Mary dinner, so...I'll cook (or recruit cooks) and you can serve.

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1322021558' post='2339687']
Well, hey, if you're *volunteering* to help out in the kitchen, then sure, by all means! :)

Now that I think about it, I'd probably be intimidated to serve the Virgin Mary dinner, so...I'll cook (or recruit cooks) and you can serve.
[/quote]

I think the Blessed Mother is the humblest woman around! I would be more intimidated to serve St. Peter or St. Paul. :hehe2:

Oh, I'm not expecting her to be frowning in disapproval or anything. (Not that I invited Sts. Peter or Paul...)

It's more..I'd be worried about getting too nervous and dumping the soup in her lap or something. Even if she's not very intimidating, I'd be intimidated because...she's Jesus' MOM. I mean....yeah.

I know I'm just being very silly, and I would probably get over that more quickly in real life.

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1322199068' post='2340271']
Oh, I'm not expecting her to be frowning in disapproval or anything. (Not that I invited Sts. Peter or Paul...)

It's more..I'd be worried about getting too nervous and dumping the soup in her lap or something. Even if she's not very intimidating, I'd be intimidated because...she's Jesus' MOM. I mean....yeah.

I know I'm just being very silly, and I would probably get over that more quickly in real life.
[/quote]

rotfl