Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Many Homeschoolers Are Here?


Are you a Homeschooler?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

Curiosity got the best of me...

ilovechrist
Posted

WHOOP WHOOP
down here in NC!!!
i am a homeschooler, and proud of it--working on my Geometry as we speak. but--you didn't give me an option to vote---you need to put in there Yes-I am homeschooled currently :D

Posted

I was taught at home for a couple of years (Kindergarten, 1st and 6th grades), but don't know if I'd do it for my own children. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Posted

I was homeschooled, but am now in college.

Posted

I'm in my senior in high school and I've been homeschooled since 5th grade...

ilovechrist
Posted

yeah lemme finish my story here...
i was put in a Catholic school for Pre-K and K... then we decided to expirement... that expirement has gone on for 10 years now--i'm finishing up my soph year!! katholish, what college do you go to? i know a lot of Catholic homeschoolers that decided to go to Christendom and Dallas.

homeschoolmom
Posted

The homeschool "system" is really 50 systems as each state makes its own rules. Some states are very easy (ex: Texas), some aren't (I think the New England states might be tough)... MN is in the middle. For example, we are required to administer a standardized test every year, but we don't have to report the scores to anyone. Weird lawmakers...

cmotherofpirl
Posted (edited)

[url="http://www.bywayofthefamily.com/"]http://www.bywayofthefamily.com/[/url]

[url="http://www.chsna.org/"]http://www.chsna.org/[/url]

Edited by cmotherofpirl
homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Apr 28 2004, 03:06 PM'] [url="http://www.bywayofthefamily.com/"]http://www.bywayofthefamily.com/[/url]

[url="http://www.chsna.org/"]http://www.chsna.org/[/url] [/quote]
:lol: I've actually been to this store... I'll probably go there even more often now that I might actually LIKE looking at all that Catholic stuff...


Hey cmom, you edited while I was posting :rolling: I meant I've been to By Way of the Family... :)

Posted

[quote name='ilovechrist' date='Apr 28 2004, 11:18 AM'] yeah lemme finish my story here...
i was put in a Catholic school for Pre-K and K... then we decided to expirement... that expirement has gone on for 10 years now--i'm finishing up my soph year!! katholish, what college do you go to? i know a lot of Catholic homeschoolers that decided to go to Christendom and Dallas. [/quote]
I am at Christendom actually. (It is little wonder that so many homeschoolers come here because homeschoolers are generally bright, so they have no difficulty in seeing that it is the best school in the nation) ;)

ilovechrist
Posted

RIGHT katholish.. best school in nation.. i like Stuebenville better.. but ya..

you by any chance know Nick O. or Jake M?? Nick is finishing up his soph year, Jake is finishing up his freshman... N is class president this year... that's about all i can tell ya lol..

Posted

Jake and I are good friends (I also know his parents as well), we sit next to each other in Theology. I know Nick only in passing.

Posted

I was homeschooled for a few years. I loved it.

Posted

I've been homeschooled my entire school life, and still am. (Junior, 11th grade).

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

I was homeschooled 4th grage to 12th grade.

I personally am a little more leery of it just because I know I'm not as organized as I should be, could be, want to be, and am afraid I won't teach as much as I should, and that eventually I will be an inadequate teacher for my kid(s?). I am willing to at least give it a shot, though, and there is a great system here in Ohio to homeschool that works with the public school system. Its called K-12 and they provide you with everything you need (even a computer, or if you have alot of kids more than 1 comp), you check in every 2 weeks with a teacher and give progress reports--that way you're almost forced to teach. lol My sister in law said she thinks she's learned more teaching her kids through K-12 than she did when she was in school.

Posted

[b]Home School Legal Defence Association[/b]
[url="http://www.hslda.org"]http://www.hslda.org[/url]

Check this out for the map chart, of the different school systems.
[url="http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp"]http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp[/url]

Most of the Northeast, is pretty difficult to homeschool. But New Jersey is like heaven, compared to the rest. :o

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I am not homeschooled....and don;t know anyone ho is, but sounds interesting :D

thomasaquinas3
Posted

I teach myself at home with homeschool stuff on the side, along with public school, I count that as being homeschooled.

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Apr 30 2004, 01:57 PM'] Its called K-12 and they provide you with everything you need (even a computer, or if you have alot of kids more than 1 comp), you check in every 2 weeks with a teacher and give progress reports--that way you're almost forced to teach. lol My sister in law said she thinks she's learned more teaching her kids through K-12 than she did when she was in school. [/quote]
You should know that participating in k-12 makes you "officially" a public school student at home. Not that that's bad, but you should know there will be more requirements on you as a k-12... as for organization... I am the worst. My daughter always scores well in spite of me.

ilovechrist
Posted

vera..
did you bump this up? whoever did.. it was buried pretty deep! homeschoolers rock! :band:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...