An Old School Catholic Message Board

Surprise Visit

MissScripture

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1316105485' post='2305075']
Exactly. You'd fit right in. :|
[/quote]

:|
[quote name='jruss' timestamp='1316105535' post='2305077']

I'm afraid to ask who you are a fan of (NOT red wings!!!!)
[/quote]

:popcorn:

:bananacorn:

:popcorn2:

[quote name='jruss' timestamp='1316105800' post='2305078']
Oh and yes, they watch football-- especially the Saints since the owners donate millions. The whole community watched when they won the Super Bowl 2 years ago. Apparently it is the first time the prayer schedule was altared for a sporting event! My daughter said Mother was the Sister most into the game.
[/quote]
So, now I know the NDs are for me :)

My dad's been a saints fan FOREVER. As in since they were formed. He'll really like me being part of an order that roots for "his" team.

[quote name='jruss' timestamp='1316105535' post='2305077']
Oh are you a hockey fan???
Then this is especially for you and peanut!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17tNCL5sg44[/media]

I'm afraid to ask who you are a fan of (NOT red wings!!!!)

I also hear the Aussies have turned many sisters on to Australian football. My daughter says she loves it b/c it is almost as violent as hockey! The Sisters' sweet exteriors mask some deep dark secrets apparently.
[/quote]
Sorry, but my hubby grew up just an hour or so south of Detroit. :idontknow: He grew up loving the Red Wings. I grew up in MN. Our team was taken by Texas and I never could get behind the Wild, so when I met him, I adopted his team. :idontknow: Trust me, it's a good thing that we agree on hockey teams. I almost broke my wrist while listening to a game where our baseball teams were playing each other. (It was a couple years back, when they were playing for who got to move on to the playoffs) There was a less than perfect play by the Twins and I slammed my hand so hard onto the floor, I seriously thought I broke it. :ninja:

After watching Australian Football, my sister wrote to me and told me I should totally start watching it, too, because it was just like hockey with no ice. :lol: And she knows my favorite part of hockey is the gore.

And yes, they do love their sports. They had a Super Bowl party last year and my sister said she is sure she's permanently damaged the hearing of the Sisters around her when she was yelling at the TV. In addition to being big Saints fans, there are also quite a few Notre Dame fans. The original Sr. Anne Therese was a die hard Notre Dame fan. Sr. Joan of Arc made my sister promise that she would cheer for ND when ND wasn't playing MIchigan. :smile3: And there is one Sister, whose name I don't even know, who I met the first time I was down. She had a scooter and had the UT logo all over it, and when my sister had asked her once if she was a Tennessee fan, she said, "Honey, I bleed orange!" This Sister was excited to meet my husband, who went to UT.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1316098952' post='2305032']
Oh, I forgot the part where my sister gave me her old chapel veil! She, of course, has the white veil, now. She said that there are 2 small holes in her chapel veil from her bobby pins (or hair grippers, for FaithCecelia ;) ) and so they told her to just throw hers away (they re-use them if they don't have holes), but she decided to give it to me instead, since you really can't even see the holes when you have it on. :dance:
[/quote]

Oh thank you for the special translation just for me! :saint2:

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1316100905' post='2305052']
Yesterday was another one of the novices feast days. (She's a friend of mine from school), apparently they did line dancing. :hehe:
[/quote]

Haha, that's amesome. My sister said she's been painting posters of Broadway musicals for weeks bc apparently that sister is really into musicals. :)

[quote name='MarisStella' timestamp='1316118397' post='2305171']

Haha, that's amesome. My sister said she's been painting posters of Broadway musicals for weeks bc apparently that sister is really into musicals. :)
[/quote]

Ooh, I bet my sister LOVED that. She was a theatre girl in high school! Actually, one of the things my brother did with her last summer, before she entered, was take her to a Broadway show while she was visiting them in NYC. Their feast days sound like so much fun! I want to have one, too! :lol:

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1316103869' post='2305068']
WAIT. Sr. Angela Marie is a Penguins fan? I'm not sure I can be friends with her. :| I will need to inform my sister, as well. rotfl.
My sister got freaked out on by Sr. Joan of Arc on Saturday night, because my sister started cheering for Michigan in the Michigan-Notre Dame football game. (My hubby is a Michigan fan, so that's why my sister picked that side) Sr. Joan of Arc told her that her patron, Sr. Anne Therese would be horrified, because she was a die hard Notre Dame fan.
One wouldn't expect sports to be such a huge deal to a house full of women! But boy, do they get into it!
[/quote]

WAIT.

Your Sister sister rooted AGAINST Notre Dame?

Isn't that grounds for exclaustration, if not excommunication???

IgnatiusofLoyola

As much as I love the ND's (from afar, at least), now I know (as if I didn't know already) that they are not for me.

To me, team sports are incredibly boring, and if I were required to participate in a team sport, such as volleyball or soccer, I would consider it a severe penance.

There is nothing wrong with sports if you like that kind of thing. I just don't.

Good thing I am not discerning ANYWHERE.

Also, while I'm thinking about the ND's, I could never share a sleeping room with 12 other women as the ND's do. A cell to myself sounds wonderful, but even with curtains around my bed, I would need more "personal space" than the ND dormitories allow. A lot of fraternities/sororities have "sleeping porches," so apparently some people would have no problem with the ND dormitories for postulants/novices. Obviously, since the ND's get so many new vocations!

Can you tell I live alone? (Well, I live in a home with no other humans, but with two cats who allow me to pay the mortgage, buy them food, and sit on my lap while I try to type on Phatmass.)

I'm sure the ND's are hearbroken that this too old, sick, non-Catholic has no plans to discern with their Community, but hey, that's life!

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1316127562' post='2305207']
I'm sure the ND's are hearbroken that this too old, sick, non-Catholic has no plans to discern with their Community, but hey, that's life!
[/quote]
I seriously busted out laughing out loud at this line!

i am going to bed

hopefully there wont be nuns in my dreams.....

also i hope they wont try to force me to become one....

Edited by Lil'Monster