Maximilianus Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 I'm enjoying a small plate of viandas with olive oil.
Luigi Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 (edited) How nice for you, I'm sure. Report back after midterms. And again after finals. Edited September 12, 2011 by Luigi
missionseeker Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 I sort of enjoyed college. But now I miss school. It's weirdddddddddddddddddddddddd
Adrestia Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 I enjoyed college back in the mid 90s. Now I'm enjoying football season.
tinytherese Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 I'm a college senior and I want out of here.
missionseeker Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 you got a plan? Cuz as soon as you get out and the structure and stability is gone you're gonna be wishing you could go back.
Adrestia Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 [quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1315805362' post='2303667']you got a plan? Cuz as soon as you get out and the structure and stability is gone you're gonna be wishing you could go back.[/quote] Even with a plan I do miss the structure and stability, but not enough to want to go back. IMHO, real life is more difficult, more stressful, but so much better. Nothing good comes easy. Football makes everything better.
Papist Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 I'm living the high life. Eat, drink, work, change diaper, do dishes, sleep, repeat.
Amppax Posted September 12, 2011 Author Posted September 12, 2011 [quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1315805362' post='2303667'] you got a plan? Cuz as soon as you get out and the structure and stability is gone you're gonna be wishing you could go back. [/quote] Wait, what structure and stability? I miss being in class all day. Its weird. That and the fact that i never have to go to bed. Again, weird.
Vincent Vega Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 I hope you're not acting like too much of a freshman. The freshmen here are acting like freshmen and it's just about old.
AudreyGrace Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 I know why amppax is thoroughly enjoying college........
AudreyGrace Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 AMP and BB foreverrrrr! ohhh he's gonna kill me. i can imagine he has some dirt to use against me too.
FutureSister2009 Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 haha this thread is a joke. there have been things I've enjoyed yes but now with all the other problems going on right now, I feel like there really is no good reason for me to be here. First my roommate ended up leaving (I'm actually jealous of her for being able to leave) and then this whole thing about not having enough credits to live on campus and I'm still trying to get it straightened out. It's only been like 4 weeks and I've endured more than I feel comfortable handling. I don't know if it's ever going to be better
Vincent Vega Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 (edited) [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1315836261' post='2303775'] I hope you're not acting like too much of a freshman. The freshmen here are acting like freshmen and it's just about old. [/quote] I rescind this. I have so quickly forgotten my own philosophy. Everyone has two irrevocable rights in college: 1. To be a freshman for one whole and uninterrupted year, and act accordingly with no fear of retribution for their actions. 2. After this year, to have *three whole and uninterrupted years as a non-freshman and to be able to harbor and express disdain for current freshmen who are exercising their first right. *[i][size=2]Not fewer than[/size][/i] Edited September 12, 2011 by USAirwaysIHS
rachael Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 grad school + field practicums = sleeping in a lot.
Luigi Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 [quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1315844194' post='2303798'] haha this thread is a joke. there have been things I've enjoyed yes but now with all the other problems going on right now, I feel like there really is no good reason for me to be here. First my roommate ended up leaving (I'm actually jealous of her for being able to leave) and then this whole thing about[b] not having enough credits to live on campus and I'm still trying to get it straightened out. It's only been like 4 weeks and I've endured more than I feel comfortable handling. I don't know if it's ever going to be better[/b] [/quote] This is sort of a fun thread, but there is a serious edge to it, too. On the serious edge, know this: College is a system. If you learn the system and work the system, the system will work for you. if you don't learn to work the system, it will chew you up and spit you out. Take the time to visit your academic advisor, your profs, department chairs, those kinds of folks. If you ask them direct questions, they'll answer - but you wan't always understand the answer because they've been part of the system for so long that they can talk only system-speak now. But if you talk to enough of them over a long enough period of time, and study - and I mean really STUDY - that college catalog, you'll figure out the system. That'll help you figure out - and make arguments for/against administration & its rules about - living on campus, appealing grades, declaring your major, getting into a program, transferring, etc. And I'm not picking on colleges here - the same can be said of any system: the military, insurance policies, companies, etc. The other option is to buddy up to an upperclassperson who really understands the system and let them act as your unofficial advisor. But you might have to buy that person pizza, beer, football tickets, whatevah!
Luigi Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 (edited) [quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1315805362' post='2303667'] you got a plan? Cuz as soon as you get out and the structure and stability is gone you're gonna be wishing you could go back. [/quote] This is not AT missionseeker, but to pick up on the same idea... see [b] [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/113979-life-after-college-musings-rants-and-revelations/"]Life After College: Musings, Rants And Revelations[/url][/b] thread in this same Immature Fan Club board. Edited September 12, 2011 by Luigi
MissyP89 Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 [quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1315866900' post='2303941'] This is not AT missionseeker, but to pick up on the same idea... see [b] [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/113979-life-after-college-musings-rants-and-revelations/"]Life After College: Musings, Rants And Revelations[/url][/b] thread in this same Immature Fan Club board. [/quote] Why thank you, sir. I miss college. I miss it so much that I had to go visit all my buddies last night.
Adrestia Posted September 13, 2011 Posted September 13, 2011 I baked mini cheesecakes for my Organic Chem tutor. Best investment ever.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now