rachael Posted September 27, 2011 Posted September 27, 2011 razzle dazzle makes me want to watch chicago
FutureSister2009 Posted September 27, 2011 Posted September 27, 2011 Yeah what is up with the razzle dazzle?
AudreyGrace Posted September 27, 2011 Posted September 27, 2011 One thing I miss about high school: how easy it was to have a "sick day" and just not go to school.
Vincent Vega Posted September 30, 2011 Posted September 30, 2011 (edited) [quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1317156454' post='2311165'] One thing I miss about high school: how easy it was to have a "sick day" and just not go to school. [/quote] It's even easier in college...it's just also much easier to sincerely fail (as opposed to high school "oh-man-i-failed-that-class-and-by-that-i-mean-i-got-a-low-B" fail) a class. Edited September 30, 2011 by USAirwaysIHS
FutureSister2009 Posted September 30, 2011 Posted September 30, 2011 I hate academics, except for Theology. I love activities and clubs and having fun with friends.
LaPetiteSoeur Posted September 30, 2011 Posted September 30, 2011 I finally heard back from the Catholic center! I've now got a spiritual director and am officially a RCIA sponsor! Can I tell you how much I love college? I hate game days, though. Drunk people are not fun. Other than that, I am so so so happy here!
Luigi Posted October 1, 2011 Posted October 1, 2011 [quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1317405037' post='2312901'] I hate academics, except for Theology. I love activities and clubs and having fun with friends. [/quote] NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!! NEWS FLASH!!! For Allyson Kelli Monica Cashdollar - Academics is kinda the whole pointa college. The activities & clubs are called EXTRAcurriculars because they're "OUTSIDE the curriculum." See? Isn't it clever how they named to it to represent what it means? The friends are important, though - they'll be there whether you pass or fail. They'll be more fun - and YOU'LL have more fun with them - if you pass. If you hate the academics because you don't feel up to them or something, then take a study skills course. Knowing how to learn is much more important - dare I say 'essential'?- in college than it is in high school. [list] [*][url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=reputation&do=add_rating&app_rate=forums&type=pid&type_id=2312901&rating=-1&secure_key=6fe05f99e9ea4a511f04ab3a52ed4ea9&post_return=2312901"]Remove props[/url] [/list] ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_2312901', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_2312901', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '2312901' }, parseInt('0') );
FutureSister2009 Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 You don't have to be so mean to me. I'm going through a really rough time right now. I don't need this.
Luigi Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 I wasn't trying to be mean. I was trying to emphasize what a college student's priorities should be. I've seen any number of people go to college with a skewed impression of what's important. And Lord know there are plenty of distractions on any college campus - fraternities, sororities, beer bashes, football games, student government, and much more. If a student gets overly involved in extracurriculars and neglects academics, bad things happen. You said: "I hate academics, except for Theology. I love activities and clubs and having fun with friends." I read it as a danger signal, and I thought you could benefit from a warning to that effect. Please don't cry... I hate it when you cry... and I don't have any Kleenex, either....
FutureSister2009 Posted October 5, 2011 Posted October 5, 2011 I'm going to crawl up into a ball and cry now
LaPetiteSoeur Posted October 5, 2011 Posted October 5, 2011 [quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1317826680' post='2315698'] I'm going to crawl up into a ball and cry now [/quote] Don't do that! You've got a great Catholic center, so you can go there and talk to God. Ask St. Thomas Aquinas to help you out. I know he's come through for me!
MIKolbe Posted October 5, 2011 Posted October 5, 2011 eh... I think there are alot of positives in extracurriculars, and I don't see them as a distraction. (though, like just about anything in life, it can be abused) I think we grow socially and academically in college. And although we shouldn't get it twisted...as we go to college to learn stuffs; that learning can and dare I say, should have a social aspect attached to it. We are social beings, not stand alone booksworms noodling the intricacies of quantum mechanics and its effects on our glasses and acne. There is a balance, and it should be sought after and found. But to wanting to forsake academics for the social, IMHO, is as dangerous as wanting to forsake the social for academics. So yeah, enjoy the party, the book club meeting, or the art exhibit in town with your buddies; but then do the other work too
AudreyGrace Posted October 5, 2011 Posted October 5, 2011 College is amazing. God has blessed me with allowing to grow intellectually and spiritually. He is too good.
dominicansoul Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1317845994' post='2315775'] eh... I think there are alot of positives in extracurriculars, and I don't see them as a distraction. (though, like just about anything in life, it can be abused) I think we grow socially and academically in college. And although we shouldn't get it twisted...as we go to college to learn stuffs; that learning can and dare I say, should have a social aspect attached to it. We are social beings, not stand alone booksworms noodling the intricacies of quantum mechanics and its effects on our glasses and acne. There is a balance, and it should be sought after and found. But to wanting to forsake academics for the social, IMHO, is as dangerous as wanting to forsake the social for academics. So yeah, enjoy the party, the book club meeting, or the art exhibit in town with your buddies; but then do the other work too [/quote] you were the guy in the toga drinking from the beer bongs, weren't you?
Luigi Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 [quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1317826680' post='2315698'] I'm going to crawl up into a ball and cry now [/quote] If you really feel like that, find out where the counselors are on your campus. Almost every college offers (free) counseling to students - for homesickness, depression, abusive relationships, addictions, and anything else you can think of. Ask a prof, an academic advisor, the school nurse, somebody in student government where the counseling office is. Do what you need to do, when you need to do it, so that you can make this college experience successful. And I really, truly was not trying to pick on you or make you feel bad. Square business.
MIKolbe Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1317867709' post='2315876'] you were the guy in the toga drinking from the beer bongs, weren't you? [/quote] Actually, no.... I was the philanthropy chairman for a while, and a 2 term executive officer.
FutureSister2009 Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 [quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1317869630' post='2315907'] If you really feel like that, find out where the counselors are on your campus. Almost every college offers (free) counseling to students - for homesickness, depression, abusive relationships, addictions, and anything else you can think of. Ask a prof, an academic advisor, the school nurse, somebody in student government where the counseling office is. Do what you need to do, when you need to do it, so that you can make this college experience successful. And I really, truly was not trying to pick on you or make you feel bad. Square business. [/quote] No I'm only doing that because you insulted me. That's why I'm crying because you were mean
missionseeker Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 I do not think he was trying to upset you or insult you. I think he was trying to point out the danger in hating academics but loving everything else.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now