BigJon16 Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 IM GONNA BE ENJOYING VISTING FUS THIS WEEKEND!! Its gonna be more dope then the Pope.
HopefulBride Posted October 7, 2011 Posted October 7, 2011 I want to see where this goes after finals.
FutureSister2009 Posted October 7, 2011 Posted October 7, 2011 the best thing is I'm on a 4 day weekend
cmaD2006 Posted October 7, 2011 Posted October 7, 2011 [quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1317910623' post='2316086'] No I'm only doing that because you insulted me. That's why I'm crying because you were mean [/quote] I just read the thread ... Luigi wasn't being mean. If your focus is "I hate this school" and stays that way, you will miss out on some of the most memorable moments from your life. College is about academics. College is about friends and clubs. College is about learning how to grow up (at least a bit -- I still have growing up to do and its been 18 years since I was done with college). Luigi is also right about seeking counseling. I had more than my share of rough moments in college, but you know what? I'm so glad that I went where I went to (I thought about transferring tons of times). It more than prepared me well for my career. If you are convinced that the school is not the right fit for you, then put your ace game on. Study hard. *AND* get the grades needed to attempt a transfer. In any case give the glory to God, accept where you are at, and ask Him for the grace to accept it.
beatitude Posted October 7, 2011 Posted October 7, 2011 I'm three weeks in to my first semester of grad school. So far there have been exhilarating classes where I really loved the discussion and the flow of information, and I felt so sharp and focused. There have been other moments when I've felt terrifyingly out of my depth. The pace is very different at this level. I think once I start to feel more confident in my ability, it will become one of the most fantastic times I've ever had.
Lil Red Posted October 8, 2011 Posted October 8, 2011 [quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1318009549' post='2317491'] I just read the thread ... Luigi wasn't being mean. If your focus is "I hate this school" and stays that way, you will miss out on some of the most memorable moments from your life. College is about academics. College is about friends and clubs. College is about learning how to grow up (at least a bit -- I still have growing up to do and its been 18 years since I was done with college). Luigi is also right about seeking counseling. I had more than my share of rough moments in college, but you know what? I'm so glad that I went where I went to (I thought about transferring tons of times). It more than prepared me well for my career. If you are convinced that the school is not the right fit for you, then put your ace game on. Study hard. *AND* get the grades needed to attempt a transfer. In any case give the glory to God, accept where you are at, and ask Him for the grace to accept it. [/quote] great post.
ardillacid Posted October 8, 2011 Posted October 8, 2011 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1317845994' post='2315775']eh... I think there are alot of positives in extracurriculars, and I don't see them as a distraction. (though, like just about anything in life, it can be abused) I think we grow socially and academically in college. And although we shouldn't get it twisted...as we go to college to learn stuffs; that learning can and dare I say, should have a social aspect attached to it. We are social beings, not stand alone booksworms noodling the intricacies of quantum mechanics and its effects on our glasses and acne. There is a balance, and it should be sought after and found. But to wanting to forsake academics for the social, IMHO, is as dangerous as wanting to forsake the social for academics. So yeah, enjoy the party, the book club meeting, or the art exhibit in town with your buddies; but then do the other work too [/quote]and we all know that frat bois have the right balance :l[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1318050510' post='2317804']and we all know that frat bois have the right balance :l[/quote]great post
Lil Red Posted October 8, 2011 Posted October 8, 2011 [quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1318050560' post='2317804'] great post [/quote]
HopefulBride Posted October 8, 2011 Posted October 8, 2011 Thinking back, I realize that there were semesters that I loved college even during finals.
FutureSister2009 Posted October 8, 2011 Posted October 8, 2011 I enjoyed myself at my friend's party last night.
beatitude Posted October 9, 2011 Posted October 9, 2011 I have quite enjoyed my Hebrew grammar homework. {/geek alert]
Luigi Posted October 10, 2011 Posted October 10, 2011 [quote name='beatitude' timestamp='1318199349' post='2318710'] I have quite enjoyed my Hebrew grammar homework. {/geek alert] [/quote] The aorist is[i] my[/i] favorite tense - what's yours? Actually, that's a joke.I know exactly one fact about Greek that the simple past tense is called the aorist. So there's really no need to answer... it'd be over my head, anyway.
AudreyGrace Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 I enjoyed sleeping through my 8am class this morning......
FutureSister2009 Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 I enjoyed my break. And I get another break this coming weekend.
rachael Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 (edited) i enjoy having class only two days a week. however, the hour drive there and back smells of elderberries. Edited October 11, 2011 by rachael
BigJon16 Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 [quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1318345172' post='2319639'] I enjoyed sleeping through my 8am class this morning...... [/quote] Smooth move exlax.
Deus te Amat Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 Being a senior at my school is like death. Everyone is dying; no sleep, stress stress stress, angst. death death death. bkjle;ajrioew;ajfkld;s
Deb Posted October 14, 2011 Posted October 14, 2011 I would enjoy it alot if I was actually going. There don't seem to be scholarships for old people.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now