LaPetiteSoeur Posted October 18, 2011 Posted October 18, 2011 [quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1318916366' post='2323064'] That sounds like the beginning of a thesis to me! Antigone as a pagan type of Jesus... Christians who sacrifice themselves for the good of others (or the faith?), such as the martyrs, are held up as examples of the fullness of faith... whereas those who are sacrificed without making a conscious choice, such as Antigone, are held up as examples of ????... the role of free will in self-sacrifice... and then you can conclude with something about your own martyrdom - a slow, unrelentingly painful execution - by writing yet about analysis of Antigone.... ? DEATH BY ESSAY!!!! [/quote] Our topic was much less fun. We had to compare Creon and Antigone to libertarianism and utilitarianism. And then talk about their quests for justice. Found out it's due Thursday, not Today, so that makes me very, very happy.
Amppax Posted October 18, 2011 Author Posted October 18, 2011 [quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1318927301' post='2323085'] ah. i actually know someone who plans on intenting with sos this week or next [/quote] yeah, and I know how he's doing it.
FutureSister2009 Posted October 18, 2011 Posted October 18, 2011 The best thing has finally happened, we are having a Vocational talk Thursday night! It's about time!
LaPetiteSoeur Posted October 19, 2011 Posted October 19, 2011 Scheduling on Sunday for the spring! hopefully I'll get into the classes I need to take (as four of them only have one section! ) 16 hours next semester!
LaPetiteSoeur Posted October 19, 2011 Posted October 19, 2011 I was going to take 19, then decided that was nuts.
AudreyGrace Posted October 19, 2011 Posted October 19, 2011 [quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1318962273' post='2323269'] yeah, and I know how he's doing it. [/quote] same. i helped with the video
FutureSister2009 Posted October 20, 2011 Posted October 20, 2011 I am enjoying: Going bowling and hanging out with friends. The fact that our Vocational talk is tonight. I am not enjoying: Trying to plan my classes for the spring. There's not a ton of variety for Theology majors for next semester so that's disappointing. Hopefully, I'll get the classes I want though
beatitude Posted October 21, 2011 Posted October 21, 2011 I've been making stupid mistakes in one of my classes and people have giggled a few times. But in a strange way, this is...peaceful. It would have humiliated me once (I was very competitive during my BA degree) but not any more. I don't know the word for this feeling - just a quiet sense that I'm going to be OK and it doesn't matter if classmates think I'm less capable than I am. Maybe I'm a bit more humble than I was. Either way, it's making college much less stressful and far more fun. There is also a party at the Catholic student chaplaincy this weekend. I'm going. It's the first social activity I've been to in three weeks, as I've been so busy with work, and I'm really looking forward to seeing my friends properly. I'm surprised I didn't take root in the library these last few weeks.
AudreyGrace Posted October 23, 2011 Posted October 23, 2011 I love college. However, it would be great if I can go home and sleep. lol.
Amppax Posted October 23, 2011 Author Posted October 23, 2011 [quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1319390087' post='2325715'] I love college. However, it would be great if I can go home and sleep. lol. [/quote] No one here sleeps, so its really not that big of a deal.
AudreyGrace Posted October 23, 2011 Posted October 23, 2011 [quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1319391738' post='2325720'] No one here sleeps, so its really not that big of a deal. [/quote] lol i slept until like 1 today. thank goodness for 4pm Mass. but i had a DANG GOOD EXCUSE for sleeping in.
FutureSister2009 Posted October 23, 2011 Posted October 23, 2011 I enjoyed sleeping over in my friend's dorm last night. We watched Disney movies for most of the weekend so it was pretty epic
Amppax Posted October 23, 2011 Author Posted October 23, 2011 [quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1319391819' post='2325722'] lol i slept until like 1 today. thank goodness for 4pm Mass. but i had a DANG GOOD EXCUSE for sleeping in. [/quote]
beatitude Posted October 25, 2011 Posted October 25, 2011 I think I have an idea for my thesis at long last! And none of the emoticons are doing it justice! It is razzling dazzling razzle dazzle. (Not necessarily the thesis itself - I'm not that great - but just the fact that finally, finally, inspiration has struck!!! And I will no longer be lying awake at night racking my brains for something to write about.)
FutureSister2009 Posted October 26, 2011 Posted October 26, 2011 I have been approved by my advisor, however, apparently I can't register for that many classes. So I'm a tad irked right now. Don't irritate me. I blame the stupid Gen Eds. I just want my Theology degree so I can get out of here
FutureSister2009 Posted October 28, 2011 Posted October 28, 2011 However I am enjoying the epic Halloweenness going on here on campus all week
LaPetiteSoeur Posted October 28, 2011 Posted October 28, 2011 I'm going to see gators and fish this weekend for one of my classes!! (pray that we aren't eaten by them, though.)
beatitude Posted December 10, 2011 Posted December 10, 2011 An idea for a PhD topic fell into my head today as I was busy chopping some mushrooms. It would mean three or four more years of intensive full-time study, including the pressure of bringing my languages up to fluency before I could even begin the field research. Could I go for that? Yes, I think I can. Because I am mad. And I love college.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now