Amppax Posted September 20, 2011 Posted September 20, 2011 This thread makes me feel better about my weekend. Thanks Hasan!
4588686 Posted September 20, 2011 Author Posted September 20, 2011 [quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1316549771' post='2307722'] This thread makes me feel better about my weekend. Thanks Hasan! [/quote] That's the idea.
MithLuin Posted September 20, 2011 Posted September 20, 2011 Haha, awwww, too true! [b]Hassan[/b], ask yourself what you are looking for. I'm assuming you knew this girl you randomly made out with? You don't seem terribly interested in her or spending time with her again. And yet you regret not having more time with amazing-dinner-date girl. This suggests...that if you want something a bit more...real...in a relationship, like an actual connection to an other person (and not just an intimate familiarity with her tongue), then you should probably put some effort into making that happen. Pursue the girl you like. Perhaps in this case, it's too late, but, you know...for next time.
missionseeker Posted September 20, 2011 Posted September 20, 2011 (edited) [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1316542833' post='2307662'] Just buy her flowers. It's like runnin a magnet across a harddrive. [/quote] :ohno:No. Just no. [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1316543575' post='2307673'] I agree with you except that from the way he told the story the girl kind of ditched him at the party. Girls who walk away and act disinterested and then get pissy because the boy kisses another girl are dumb. (That's not to say Hasan didn't act like a bonehead, because he totally did. Public making out? Grooooossss. ) [/quote] I missed that element a little bit. Or overlooked it. Maybe she doesn't care. [quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1316543797' post='2307677'] And I am again reminded of the average age of PMers. And how immature some people are. Whatever happened to the idea of not kissing until engagement, or even marriage? [/quote] Honestly? To me that seems very cold. And Puritanical. And while I may be young, and can act immature, sure. I don't think I *am* immature. [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1316544167' post='2307684'] No. I get your point and I agree. I'm just clarifying that she didn't ask me to go to the party with [i]her[/i]. [/quote] Oh. You kind of made it sound like she did. Edited September 20, 2011 by missionseeker
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam Posted September 21, 2011 Posted September 21, 2011 (edited) Hassan, I think I remember hearing another similar story about you drinking too much....yadda yadda some girl who was dating another guy etc. etc...ended up making out with you...drama drama pretend nothing happened. Go easy on the sauce, man. Try to drink more moderately and you won't have as many embarrassing/imprudent stories about yourself and instead will trade them for good stories about your friends. You seem like a fairly moderate, intelligent guy. Quit making it difficult on yourself. Edit* I originally typed "Co0l it on the sauce man" and instead it was posted as "razzle dazzle on the sauce, man" and I didn't think that expressed what I was trying to get at haha. Edited September 21, 2011 by Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
4588686 Posted September 21, 2011 Author Posted September 21, 2011 (edited) [quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' timestamp='1316567110' post='2307843'] Hassan, I think I remember hearing another similar story about you drinking too much....yadda yadda some girl who was dating another guy etc. etc...ended up making out with you...[b]drama drama pretend nothing happened. [/b] Go easy on the sauce, man. Try to drink more moderately and you won't have as many embarrassing/imprudent stories about yourself and instead will trade them for good stories about your friends. You seem like a fairly moderate, intelligent guy. Quit making it difficult on yourself. Edit* I originally typed "Co0l it on the sauce man" and instead it was posted as "razzle dazzle on the sauce, man" and I didn't think that expressed what I was trying to get at haha. [/quote] Actually, we ended up talking about that. In fact I went to her for advice about this. Her view of things were that: 'well...you flooped that one up.' She also said she feels that I guess I didn't like the original girl all that much if this happened so easily. Which I guess is true. I guess I'm going to apologize to both of them this week and then move on and let whatever happens happen. Edited September 21, 2011 by Hasan
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 21, 2011 Posted September 21, 2011 [quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1316562659' post='2307819'] I missed that element a little bit. Or overlooked it. Maybe she doesn't care. [/quote] she "acted distant" and "split up" when they got there... maybe she does care, and I think an apology or at least talk about where they stand as friends or whatever is fine. I am just not really willing to point at Bonehead over here and say "That poor girl! You're such a DB!" when it sounds like there is fault on both sides (not that I think you were doing that) If she'd stuck around and acted like she wanted to hang out he probably wouldn't have been playing kissy-face with some random chick. KWIM? He knows he done goofed. And he knows what to do to try and make it better. I may also have had too many run ins with cheating wives and jerk husbands (other peoples, not mine) in the last year and have little sympathy for either side.
Ice_nine Posted September 21, 2011 Posted September 21, 2011 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1316582079' post='2307951'] she "acted distant" and "split up" when they got there... [/quote] In the past I remained distant because I had anxiety of letting people get too close. Perhaps that could be the issue? Or I could be projecting my own life onto strangers. It happenz
Papist Posted September 21, 2011 Posted September 21, 2011 (edited) Pray that God gives you the proper words to say and just apologize, make no excuses[NONE] and ask her forgiveness. The rest is her responsibility. Edited September 21, 2011 by Papist
Ed Normile Posted September 21, 2011 Posted September 21, 2011 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1316539158' post='2307633'] Met a nice girl. She's kind of quirky, some problems with low self-esteem, but I liked her. I thought she was a genuinely interesting person and I did want to get to know her better. We went on a date(ish) dinner that lasted three hours. It was nice. A lot of talking and laughing. The next weekend she and a friend invited me to go out with them to a party. She was kind of distant that night and we got to the party and split up. Some girl asked me to dance and we ended up making out publicly. We were both pretty drunk, by the way. Needless to say the girl I actually liked has since been somewhat distant and somehow I doubt that it's going to work out. Let that be a lesson to you, kids. Never let a drunken moment's frustrations compel you to go for the low-hanging fruit [img]http://www.strugglinginvestor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/LessonsLearned-300x203.png[/img] [/quote] So you made out with a fruit? ed
arfink Posted September 21, 2011 Posted September 21, 2011 [quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1316626031' post='2308129'] So you made out with a fruit? ed [/quote] I'll just leave this here. [mod]MIKolbe- language[/mod]
fides' Jack Posted September 22, 2011 Posted September 22, 2011 [quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1316562659' post='2307819'] Honestly? To me that seems very cold. And Puritanical. And while I may be young, and can act immature, sure. I don't think I *am* immature. [/quote] Which part is cold? My words or no kissing? Puritans do get some things right... The wise man knows he knows nothing - whereas a fool thinks he knows everything. I think maturity can be quantified by our actions. If you don't act mature, you probably aren't.
dominicansoul Posted September 22, 2011 Posted September 22, 2011 (edited) hasan, you mentioned that the girl has security issues and low-self esteem... that's probably why she acted distant at the party. Then you made her low-self esteem even worse by going off and making out with some other girl right in front of her...??? ...that poor girl!!! [size=1]edited cos that was just gross[/size] Edited September 22, 2011 by dominicansoul
missionseeker Posted September 23, 2011 Posted September 23, 2011 [quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1316714233' post='2308576'] Which part is cold? My words or no kissing? Puritans do get some things right... The wise man knows he knows nothing - whereas a fool thinks he knows everything. I think maturity can be quantified by our actions. If you don't act mature, you probably aren't. [/quote] Usually, I act mature. Sometimes, I slip up. I really don't think Puritans got much right on this front. Not because I'm a whore or want to make out every guy I meet, but I really have philosophical issues with the way Puritans approach things. I do not think that is a good idea to approach things with the idea that "if I misuse them, they cause me to sin. therefore, they are 100% bad". I truly, truly believe that this approach reduces personal responsibility for actions BECAUSE it teaches that *things* are bad, not actions, and instead of the attitude being "Gee, I really need to discipline myself to control my whims better" it becomes "I must avoid this because it is evil". Then things like kisses become evil instead of sacred. Most people I know who wait until marriage to kiss have this mindset. Personally, I would love to know that a guy is able to kiss me without thinking sinful things all the time. I do know a couple who have the opposite and have said "this is a very sacred thing and because it is sacred and you are sacred and our love is sacred, I will wait" and that's razzle dazzle. But I think it is not immoral to not wait.
Winchester Posted September 23, 2011 Posted September 23, 2011 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1316714763' post='2308580'] hasan, you mentioned that the girl has security issues and low-self esteem... that's probably why she acted distant at the party. Then you made her low-self esteem even worse by going off and making out with some other girl right in front of her...??? ...that poor girl!!! [size=1]edited cos that was just gross[/size] [/quote] She's probably at least middle class.
fides' Jack Posted September 23, 2011 Posted September 23, 2011 [quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1316737375' post='2308700'] Usually, I act mature. Sometimes, I slip up. I really don't think Puritans got much right on this front. Not because I'm a whore or want to make out every guy I meet, but I really have philosophical issues with the way Puritans approach things. I do not think that is a good idea to approach things with the idea that "if I misuse them, they cause me to sin. therefore, they are 100% bad". I truly, truly believe that this approach reduces personal responsibility for actions BECAUSE it teaches that *things* are bad, not actions, and instead of the attitude being "Gee, I really need to discipline myself to control my whims better" it becomes "I must avoid this because it is evil". Then things like kisses become evil instead of sacred. Most people I know who wait until marriage to kiss have this mindset. Personally, I would love to know that a guy is able to kiss me without thinking sinful things all the time. I do know a couple who have the opposite and have said "this is a very sacred thing and because it is sacred and you are sacred and our love is sacred, I will wait" and that's razzle dazzle. But I think it is not immoral to not wait. [/quote] I agree with that. It's not necessarily immoral to not wait. But I'm looking at it more from the romantic side - wouldn't you like to know at least that the person you will be marrying never kissed anyone else before you? Wouldn't that be a little something special? Of course it would. It's worth waiting, if for that reason alone.
missionseeker Posted September 23, 2011 Posted September 23, 2011 [quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1316754453' post='2308818'] I agree with that. It's not necessarily immoral to not wait. But I'm looking at it more from the romantic side - wouldn't you like to know at least that the person you will be marrying never kissed anyone else before you? Wouldn't that be a little something special? Of course it would. It's worth waiting, if for that reason alone. [/quote] Personally? Not really. lol. iono. I'd rather know he can kiss me and leave it at that than know he never kissed anyone.
Winchester Posted September 23, 2011 Posted September 23, 2011 [media='']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PykHgkq8-Q[/media]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now