An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is Vocation Station To You?

Aya Sophia

Originally was thinking this would be part of my "goodbye" when it comes but then I thought, why wait! Just wanted to share with you what you, in VS, are to me. You are:
[indent=1]a community of souls in love with the Lord, gathered to encourage one another, to learn about themselves and God’s ways with them, to seek His will in their lives and to gain the courage to follow it.[/indent]
Thank you and God love you all!
AS

brandelynmarie

Beautifully written Aya Sophia :) . I find VS to be a place where I can learn so much from the experiences & knowledge of my fellow VSers. I am virtually connected to dozens of people (who I wouldn't know otherwise!) who are also attempting to follow God's will for their lives. We vent to one another, :cuss: we pray for one another, :pray: we share with one another, :flowers: we tease each other! :wedgie: And I feel so supported & loved by y'all...we are truly a phamily. :buddies: Plus, it is so much fun to post on here! rotfl I am so glad you are a part of all of this. We'd like to keep you! ;)

AccountDeleted

VS is family. We come and go, argue and support. The love of God binds us and strengthens us and He has given us to each other.

To me VS is a source of encouragement not just in my discernment journey but also in my faith. It has been a community where I have watched myself grow and become more self aware as a Catholic and as a young woman.

VS is a source of procrastination for me. :|

Seriously, I kid (well, maybe not because I am procrastinating when I am supposed to be studying for my test :stubborn: ). VS has been a source of much support over the years. I have been able to go back to my previous posts and see how much I've matured in my discernment (I actually shake my head at some of the things I wrote over the years). It has been a place of inspiration, hope, and love for all my fellow discerners. You all have become my sisters in Christ. :saint2:

brandelynmarie

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1317175407' post='2311328']
VS is a source of procrastination for me. :|

[/quote]

So does make you a religious Procrastinationist? Cuz I know I'm one! :buddies2:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1317175407' post='2311328']
You all have become my sisters in Christ. :saint2:
[/quote]

We seriously need some brothers in this family :bounce:

Edited by Lisa

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1317175571' post='2311335']

So does make you a religious Procrastinationist? Cuz I know I'm one! :buddies2:
[/quote]

Well, if that's the proper term for it, then, yes, yes I am. ;)

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1317175595' post='2311336']

We seriously need some brothers in this family :bounce:
[/quote]

Yes, really. Not many guys post here since we mostly post about religious orders. Since TNavo left, there has been a lack of male discerners...

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1317175749' post='2311338']

Well, if that's the proper term for it, then, yes, yes I am. ;)

Yes, really. Not many guys post here since we mostly post about religious orders. Since TNavo left, there has been a lack of male discerners...
[/quote]

Or a lack of posting male discerners. I think us girlies do far more talking than guys do, and think how many teenage girls post here - if boys did at the same age we'd just get lots of posts saying 'Hur, guh, uhh' cos we all know boys lose the ability to speak for about 4years rotfl

*Hunts for the 'heavy intentional sarcasm smilie'*

AccountDeleted

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1317198010' post='2311535']

Or a lack of posting male discerners. I think us girlies do far more talking than guys do, and think how many teenage girls post here - if boys did at the same age we'd just get lots of posts saying 'Hur, guh, uhh' cos we all know boys lose the ability to speak for about 4years rotfl

*Hunts for the 'heavy intentional sarcasm smilie'*
[/quote]

Hmmm, someone hasn't read the politically correct thread! :lol:

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1317198104' post='2311536']

Hmmm, someone hasn't read the politically correct thread! :lol:
[/quote]

I ignore PCness since someone tried to refer to me as a Bar Person. I told him I was a barmaid and proud to be so, thank you very much! I am also more than happy to have doors held for me, for dates to pay for everything (in the past of course!) and to be given a seat on a bus....providing its not because they think Im pregnant! :eek:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1317198589' post='2311545']

I ignore PCness since someone tried to refer to me as a Bar Person. I told him I was a barmaid and proud to be so, thank you very much! I am also more than happy to have doors held for me, for dates to pay for everything (in the past of course!) and to be given a seat on a bus....providing its not because they think Im pregnant! :eek:
[/quote]

You should cross post this on the PC thread - it is just how I feel too - I am a fan of common sense instead of PCness.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1317204369' post='2311566']
There is actually a thread about PC?
[/quote]

Here

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/115866-political-correctness/"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/115866-political-correctness/[/url]