An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is Vocation Station To You?

Aya Sophia

AccountDeleted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1317216443' post='2311625']
7 page threads about bathing customs in Communities and then people wonder why guys dont post much?!?!?! rotfl
[/quote]

What?

You don't think guys would be interested in this topic?? :shocking:

Who knew that Notting Hill was anything other than a place in London where Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts hung out? Now there are over 20,000 passersby to that VS thread, where Faithcecilia hopes to enter someday. We learn about who is considering religious life, what motivates them and the multitudes of ways a life dedicated to Christ in the 20th century can be lived. We also learn from the experiences of those who have tried their vocations in many different communities, about how dreams are dashed and others are born, because of their courage to share these experiences.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='TIWW' timestamp='1317216672' post='2311627']
Who knew that Notting Hill was anything other than a place in London where Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts hung out? Now there are over 20,000 passersby to that VS thread, where Faithcecilia hopes to enter someday. We learn about who is considering religious life, what motivates them and the multitudes of ways a life dedicated to Christ in the 20th century can be lived. We also learn from the experiences of those who have tried their vocations in many different communities, about how dreams are dashed and others are born, because of their courage to share these experiences.
[/quote]

wow - what a seriously sweet post! :)

i<3franciscans

VS is totally my discernment phamily! You have all taught me so much since I joined just a few short months ago. Your stories are so encouraging to hear. I know I can come here at the end of a long day and just relax and laugh or cry... or pray. :) Being the 2nd oldest of soon to be nine kids I always feel like the "example", but here I feel like the little sister. Thank you all so much! You mean the world to me; to know that there are people out there that have been in my shoes is very comforting!!! I love you!

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1317175595' post='2311336']

We seriously need some brothers in this family :bounce:
[/quote]
I second this!

We aren't THAT weird....

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1317216665' post='2311626']

What?

You don't think guys would be interested in this topic?? :shocking:
[/quote]

:hehe: not as it concerns themselves per se.

FutureSister2009

Vocation Station is one of my ultimate sources of Religious Life experiences. And I feel comfortable sharing my stories of Discerning here as well. I love that we're all in this together.

I finally have somewhere I can share my experiences, join you all in your discernment ( so inspiring and I pray for each of you ), a place where my still existent fascination with the religious life is honoured and I have been accepted without question or judgement as an ex-sister. This place has been the final step in a long process of healing from the wound of having left the convent....thank you and God Bless you all!

brandelynmarie

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1317198010' post='2311535']

Or a lack of posting male discerners. I think us girlies do far more talking than guys do, and think how many teenage girls post here - if boys did at the same age we'd just get lots of posts saying 'Hur, guh, uhh' cos we all know boys lose the ability to speak for about 4years rotfl

*Hunts for the 'heavy intentional sarcasm smilie'*

[/quote]
Maybe we can lure them in by starting a Guys Discerning thread? Ummm...Maybe that wouldn't work so well... :lol3:

[quote name='TIWW' timestamp='1317216672' post='2311627']
[/quote]

Funny how that happens :)

Edited by brandelynmarie

VS had taught me so much and it's great talking to other Catholics especially the ones who are discerning! It's nice to see that other people worry a bit and love Jesus enough to give up their lives! It's great that pretty much everyone here has something in common! I love it! I felt a little confused and the only people that kinda knew were some friends but know just knowing that ya'll are on here I have more courage to do what God wants me to do... which is for the next step.. talking to a Sister...... oh WOW!!!! :ohno: :huh: :hehe2: rotfl

Thank you all soooooo much! :bravo:

Edited by i<3LSOP

VS is:

a pham
a discernment group (as I still don't have one in "real" life)
source of distraction (from papers, that is! :))
MY SISTERS (and brothers, if y'all are out there....COME OUT!)

:nun2:

VS is a port in the storm of discernment (and sometimes, of life in general)...a place that inspired me for many, many months before I got up the courage to post...a little piece of the Universal Church...the place that reminds me I am [i]not[/i] crazy while living in a world that seems to be constantly telling me I am...

And of course, home to some of the greatest smilies on God's green earth. :amen: :yahoo: :harp: :dance:

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1317223363' post='2311686']
VS is totally my discernment phamily! You have all taught me so much since I joined just a few short months ago. Your stories are so encouraging to hear. I know I can come here at the end of a long day and just relax and laugh or cry... or pray. :) Being the 2nd oldest of soon to be nine kids I always feel like the "example", but here I feel like the little sister. Thank you all so much! You mean the world to me; to know that there are people out there that have been in my shoes is very comforting!!! I love you!

I second this!

We aren't THAT weird....
[/quote]

I feel really little here too (but I like it) since I'm only in between (seriously) 10-15! I'm the middle child so I am considered in my family older and younger... kinda confusing because I'm supposed to follow the example of my big brother and be an example to my adorably crazy, razzle dazzle, barbie loving, little sister! :hehe2:

It's a place of bunch of wannabe nuns who are scaring me out of my pantaloons!

JUST KIDDING!!!!

(my fingers were crossed) jk jk jk

:P

i love ya guys :)