An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fundraising News

HopefulBride

faithcecelia

Keep strong, it sounds like you are doing really well. The figures are not far from what mine were (£30k ish) which was well over my annual income, yet I somehow managed to pay it off in under 18mths, even after I left my fulltime, well paid job to work part time for the parish. My decision made no sense, yet I [i]knew[/i] it was right. These things will, if you give your heart and soul to God.

One time I was in a terrible situation, I had about £3 to last 2weeks. I went into a cheapy shop I used to go in daily, and they had out of date soya milkshakes at [b]20[/b] for £1!!! So I bought 60! That shopkeeper laughed at me so much and then gave me all the ones he had left, so I got over 100 for my £3! It wasn't my most exciting 2weeks from a food point of view, nor was it perfect nutrition (wasn't terrible either, but not great) but I had more than enough to stop me being hungry and certainly to live on. Just as I got to work at the Church and popped in to say a quick thanks to Jesus, a parishioner came in with this fr Fr and that for Fr, and he always shared with his housekwwpwe and me. It showed me how amazing God is and how, if you truely, truely trust in Him, He will never let you down.

God bless you as you strive to clear your debt so you can devote yourself to him more fully.

brandelynmarie

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1317985570' post='2317371']
OK so after agonizing and worrying for weeks I am very close to completing the requirement/paperwork for the new program of the Laboure Society. I was very worried about being able to do what was required of me both in terms of the time I needed to dedicate and the small personal investment. However, I have taken it to the Lord in prayer and I have also been able to discuss this with Mother and Fr T and both of them helped me to see that my worries were not helpful.

It also helped that many times in prayer, I felt an extreme and overwhelming peace about my decision. I had so much going on for October and November (and January and February) that I thought it would be impossible to do what I needed to do for fundraising of my loans. I am now seeing that all I need to do is to trust him wholly. I have a ways to go yet but I am starting to learn this (and the trusting of my superior!)

I was so afraid to call Mother and to speak to hear about it because I feared the answer would be one that I wouldn't want to hear (or obey) but in the end I decided to call her and trust that whatever she advises me to do I should do. I did so and was very glad she advised me as she did (even though at one point I was hoping she would say differently!) I think the peace the Lord had been giving me all week long was his voice in my heart to decide as I did. The convo with Mother and Fr. T definitely confirmed that.

Please keep me in your prayers as I move toward the unknown (I still have fears but I am totally learning to turn it all over to him)

Will keep you updated on what Fr. G says about the parish's donation (keep the prayers coming)

Pax and Happy Feast day of Our Lady of the Rosary

HB
[/quote]

I always tell my patients (especially the little ones!) that being brave does not mean not being scared; bravery means doing what needs to be done while you are still have fears! (I'm a CT technologist, BTW ;) ) You are doing it! Jesus I trust in You! [size=2]Now I just need to take my own advice as well...lol.[/size]