Selah Posted October 5, 2011 Posted October 5, 2011 [img]http://www.platypuscomputing.com/images/platygeo.jpg[/img]
LaPetiteSoeur Posted October 5, 2011 Posted October 5, 2011 I'm doing a lab presentation on platypuses!
brandelynmarie Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 I platypuses. Or is it platypi??? [img]http://babyanimalz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/baby-platypus-500x379.jpg[/img]
brandelynmarie Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 (edited) I dunno I think you would need a big aquarium with an island! But they are so cute, it makes you want one, doesn't it? Edited October 6, 2011 by brandelynmarie
Didacus Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 Well - I do have 19 acres of land, so I suppose I could arrange something. I wonder what they taste like?
brandelynmarie Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 (edited) *GASP* I wonder if they taste like chicken... Edited October 6, 2011 by brandelynmarie
Not A Mallard Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 [quote name='Selah' timestamp='1317844156' post='2315757'] [img]http://www.platypuscomputing.com/images/platygeo.jpg[/img] [/quote] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs
LaPetiteSoeur Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 [quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1317880073' post='2315955'] I platypuses. Or is it platypi??? [img]http://babyanimalz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/baby-platypus-500x379.jpg[/img] [/quote] It's platypuses...but I only know that because I had to look it up! We all though it was platypi, too!
HopefulBride Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 [quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1317880073' post='2315955'] I platypuses. Or is it platypi??? [img]http://babyanimalz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/baby-platypus-500x379.jpg[/img] [/quote] Goodness! they look sooooo cuddly.[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1317903866' post='2316042'] They're so cute...and poisonous, but cute! [/quote] Say whaaaa? Wachu talkin' 'bout willis? esplain...
BG45 Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 [quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1317910843' post='2316089'] Say whaaaa? Wachu talkin' 'bout willis? esplain... [/quote] I didn't know until recently either, but apparently the male platypus has venom glands that are tied into its hind claws. Not the best source, but [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus_venom"]Wikipedia article.[/url] It's never killed a human, but the pain is supposed to be pretty intense and morphine doesn't help block it... *wince*
HopefulBride Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1317912706' post='2316118'] I didn't know until recently either, but apparently the male platypus has venom glands that are tied into its hind claws. Not the best source, but [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus_venom"]Wikipedia article.[/url] It's never killed a human, but the pain is supposed to be pretty intense and morphine doesn't help block it... *wince* [/quote] So what you are saying is when shopping for a pet platypus I should stick with females. alright I dig it...
Maximilianus Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 (edited) [quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1317880073' post='2315955'] I platypuses. Or is it platypi??? [/quote] What LaPetiteSoeur said Platypus come from Greek. Maybe it's one of the words she is talking about in the video that the grammarians fiddled with. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFyY2mK8pxk&feature=player_embedded[/media] Edited October 6, 2011 by Maximilianus
missionseeker Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 One day we were driving down the road and my sister shouts "OMYGOSH IT'S A PLATYPUS!!!" It wasn't. She INSISTED that it was. This was many moons ago. We were laughing hysterically, but she kept saying "It was a platypus! I saw it!" (It wasn't) So now, whenever something is not what we thought it was or when we are talking about something that doesn't exist, we'll be like "yeah, like Cym's platypus..." and she still gets really really really angry. Though her anger is not our intent. ...but it is funny that she still get so angry over something that happened about 7 years ago.
HopefulBride Posted October 6, 2011 Posted October 6, 2011 [quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1317921112' post='2316175'] One day we were driving down the road and my sister shouts "OMYGOSH IT'S A PLATYPUS!!!" It wasn't. She INSISTED that it was. This was many moons ago. We were laughing hysterically, but she kept saying "It was a platypus! I saw it!" (It wasn't) So now, whenever something is not what we thought it was or when we are talking about something that doesn't exist, we'll be like "yeah, like Cym's platypus..." and she still gets really really really angry. Though her anger is not our intent. ...but it is funny that she still get so angry over something that happened about 7 years ago. [/quote] Are you sure it wasn't???
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now