An Old School Catholic Message Board

Preparing To Enter? What Do You Do (Or Not)?

Aya Sophia

Queen'sDaughter

I am preparing for entrance by taking every opportunity I have to travel and to visit family. Since I am discerning with a cloistered order, these opportunities have become very precious to me.

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Aya Sophia' timestamp='1318003930' post='2317459']
[i]Rejoice in thy hot showers while ye may! Again, I say, rejoice![/i]
[/quote]

Yes! I went to Queen of Peace, a nursing home run by the Little Sisters of the Poor to volunteer and go on retreat and since I have curls and ringlets I have to take a shower every day... or else my hair gets really dry. Therefore, we stayed in the guesthouse and I turn on one of the little showers... but forgot to feel the water before I went in. I step in and I almost screamed because it was so cold... so I turned it on hotter... and it was still cold. It was funny though because when I stepped out of the little booth thing dripping wet with a towel wrapped around me and sister who was putting more towels in the bathroom said... "Hmm, you look cold... well my habit and veil keep me warm!" and she laughed and rubbed my arm as if trying to get the blood circulating and a girl who was on retreat was combing her hair in front of the mirror and said, "That might be how your college dorm shower is..." I was comforted. :hehe: