An Old School Catholic Message Board

1943 Movie:les Anges Du Peche

brandelynmarie

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another movie that reminded me of it!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9JJJcd1IAU&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9JJJcd1IAU&feature=related[/url]

brandelynmarie
rotfl at the "flying" angel

Thanks for sharing...they don't really make movies like this anymore. :)

It sounds like it is based on the Benedictines in Bethlehem, Connecticut. ;) Edited by brandelynmarie

I did some research on the community of which the "Angels of the Streets" was based. They are the Dominican Sisters of Bethany and to this day have convents in Europe. I believe they still accept former prisoners and penitents into their community, which was their founding charism. It looks like they are very contemplative. They wear the full Dominican habit but with a modified veil, much like the Dominican sisters in Nashville and Ann Arbor. Two of their sisters left the community (exclaustrated) and came to the US to found something similar but they don't wear habits, at least not yet. They are a Public Association under a bishop and are called the Community of the Resurection. These sisters are more active and have a prison ministry. The links should appear if you Google their names.

Guest hermanita

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1323288582' post='2346695']
rotfl at the "flying" angel

Thanks for sharing...they don't really make movies like this anymore. :)

It sounds like it is based on the Benedictines in Bethlehem, Connecticut. ;)
[/quote]

It is.