An Old School Catholic Message Board

Live-In Countdown 2011 ^o^

the171

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1319407405' post='2325838']
My mom. :) She's letting me go. IT IS FULFILLLEEEEDDD hahaha
[/quote]
Congratulations! Why didn't she know before that you had a date scheduled and everything?

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1319407405' post='2325838']
My mom. :) She's letting me go. IT IS FULFILLLEEEEDDD hahaha
[/quote]

Thanks be to God! :woot:

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1319403301' post='2325808']
SHE SAID YES!!! SHE SAID YES!!!
[/quote]

:nun2: Thanks be to God!!!

Well, she's still opposed to entering after high school. Anyway, she heard my friend talking about her visit she made this summer, my Covington Carmel friend. She then said, I feel if I keep you from Carmel, then I'll keep you from God. I'm praying it does lead to more openess, because I might be graduating a year early. :) So it might mean I might enter a year early....

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1319489432' post='2326399']
Well, she's still opposed to entering after high school. Anyway, she heard my friend talking about her visit she made this summer, my Covington Carmel friend. She then said, I feel if I keep you from Carmel, then I'll keep you from God. I'm praying it does lead to more openess, because I might be graduating a year early. :) So it might mean I might enter a year early....
[/quote]
How amazing that you could be entering early, I will pray that your mom will let you enter right out of high school. I believe that my parents are okay with me doing that and after hearing your story I am thankful that they are open to that. My Confirmation sponsor told me, "I will miss you dearly, but I can't deny God that payback gift of YOU." That made me happy because friends of mine both now and in the past have been opposed to me going at all.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1319492324' post='2326426']
Yeah, friends. They can be "unfriendly" regarding discernment sometimes.
[/quote]
Too true. That's why this forum is so good, and it is SO important to find the right friends during this time in our lives. So, your Carmel says you can enter when you finish high-school? A lot of the ones I've talked to do it that way, but the one I love the most right now says you have to be finished with high-school AND 18 to even do a live-in! It is hard for me to accept, but my nun that I contact there, Sr. Ana, says that the wait will make me stronger. I believe she said you have to be 18 to do the live in or that it has to be the summer before your senior year, but I could be getting them confused, I'm pretty sure she said 18 to do a live-in...

Hm...they might be 1990 constituions. You don't have to answerr this, but what is the community?
Anyway, I've found so many friends. Sadly, none at school. I despise public school.
OH, and Canon Law offers some exceptions towards age when entering religious life. (i.e.-Therese) If the parents approve, you could enter earlier. AND also you have to have a high school education or GEE (or whatever its called). There also can be exceptions with the parental approval thing. (i.e.-St.Clare)

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1319493566' post='2326450']
Hm...they might be 1990 constituions. You don't have to answerr this, but what is the community?
Anyway, I've found so many friends. Sadly, none at school. I despise public school.
OH, and Canon Law offers some exceptions towards age when entering religious life. (i.e.-Therese) If the parents approve, you could enter earlier. AND also you have to have a high school education or GEE (or whatever its called). There also can be exceptions with the parental approval thing. (i.e.-St.Clare)
[/quote]
Here is my amazing Carmel's website :) http://www.carmelofporttobacco.com/index.html After talking to the former Mother Superior (Sr. Ana of Jesus), I totally fell in love. They allow live-ins, but you have to be 18, and you are right, there are ways around age.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1319511397' post='2326701']
NO WAY. NO WAY. I LOOOOVE PORT TOBACCO. And if you were wondering, they are orthodox 1991 constitutions.
[/quote]
YAY! Great, and I LOOOVE them too...

InPersonaChriste

If I am called I will ask to enter at my young age, though if my parents say no I will understand. This is a huge step for my parents. They are both from broken families, and my mother was a convert. I think its hard for both of them, but mostly for my mom. She has warmed up to the idea through my almost 5 years of discernment. But I can still see some cautious steps toward this calling. Which I actually find comforting. That she finds this indimidating as well.

My dad will be proud of me no matter what I do, I am so blessed to have supportive parents. One in-law found out I was in discernment, and before I left Chile she told me; "do not become a nun" . And my brother in law said that I was too beautiful and talented to become a nun. But I think he might have meant something different because of the huge language barrier.

Oh and it helps LOADS to bring the parents. God arranged for a sit in at the Visitation Nuns convent in Chile, where my married sister, her husband, and my mom were present. It really helped my mom see the beauty in the vocation. I know that she already knew about it, but I think knowing and seeing are something completely different in cases such as these.