An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscans Of The Immaculate Videos

brandelynmarie

• 8 months later...
miles Christi

+

Beautiful documentary on FI vocations

http://tvimmacolata.net/videoimmachome/visualizzavideo/410/vieni-e-seguimi-documentario-sulla-vocazione-2007.html

It’s a bit lengthy but I think it’s so worth watching every minute of it.
1st part is of the FI Brothers and the 2nd part is of their Sisters (starting at about 43 min) including clothing ceremonies, professions, liturgia...

Ave, Ave, Ave Maria!

Deo gratias!

I myself, although unworthily, am a member of the F.I.s. Many thanks for your kind words. I wish that we really were as holy as you say.

But as my Postulant director used to say (and probably still says!): "When people say nice thinks about you, no need to be filled with pride, because it is not you that they see, but the Immaculate who works through you by means of the "Marian Vow"".

Be assured of my prayers for all, especially for those of you who are seriously seeking God's Holy Will in your life.

AVE MARIA!!

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='andibc' timestamp='1321403913' post='2336685']
We see both the sisters and the friars and they are a very holy group. I love their charism and am inspired by the homilies. They really do place themselves in the Blessed Mother's hands and then forget about it.

One of my favorite FI stories was told to us by an FI priest who was traveling with his fellow friars on a turnpike. When they were 10 or so miles from the toll both where they had to exit, they realized they had forgotten to get money for the toll from the superior. They never carry money, so they pulled off at a rest stop and parked in the middle of the lot to pray. While they were praying, another car pulled up next to theirs and they looked over to see nuns (sisters) in the car. They got out and introduced themselves, "We're the Friars of the Immaculate." The sisters replied, "We're the Slaves of the Immaculate." I don't remember the exact words that occurred then, but it was quickly discovered that the sisters felt they were supposed to get off at the rest area and yes, their superior had given them more money then they needed, which was unusual. True story told to me by the priest in the car, about 8 or 9 years ago.

How neat is that!!!
[/quote]

Those were the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Great story! These things happen among religious so often! It's a beautiful example of how when our Lord said that everyone who left lands, family, etc. will have it in a hundred fold...and persecution besides!

It's these little things that are so lovely!

miles Christi

[quote name='Egidio' timestamp='1343558963' post='2459914']
I myself, although unworthily, am a member of the F.I.s. Many thanks for your kind words. I wish that we really were as holy as you say.

But as my Postulant director used to say (and probably still says!): "When people say nice thinks about you, no need to be filled with pride, because it is not you that they see, but the Immaculate who works through you by means of the "Marian Vow"".

Be assured of my prayers for all, especially for those of you who are seriously seeking God's Holy Will in your life.

AVE MARIA!!
[/quote]

+
Ave Maria!
Welcome Egidio and thank you so much for your prayers!!
It’s wonderful to have you here!
Prayers for you and your brothers and sisters as well and for many more holy vocations for the FIs…
Ave Maria!

• 3 weeks later...