An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tradition Within Cloistered Convents

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Queen'sDaughter

One of my friends from church just entered the Valaparasio Carmel! It is absolutely bursting with vocations, and were I to go carmelite it is where I would go first. She is so happy, and I am so happy for her!

I do miss her though. She sang right beside me during Mass, and I miss her voice in my ear. We even left her music books were she left them, because we just can't bear to remove them yet.

She entered as soon as she turned eighteen and graduated high school, so I think that would be considered a young vocation nowadays. I believe that Valaparasio accepts postulants as young as seventeen, but they must have had at least two years of work experience.

My God bless and reward all you younger discerners. (I say from my vast experience of twenty-one years).

i<3franciscans

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1319744150' post='2327822']
I do miss her though. She sang right beside me during Mass, and I miss her voice in my ear. We even left her music books were she left them, because we just can't bear to remove them yet.

[/quote]

That is so heart breaking yet so beautiful!! :cry4:

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1319744150' post='2327822']
One of my friends from church just entered the Valaparasio Carmel! It is absolutely bursting with vocations, and were I to go carmelite it is where I would go first. She is so happy, and I am so happy for her!

She entered as soon as she turned eighteen and graduated high school, so I think that would be considered a young vocation nowadays. I believe that Valaparasio accepts postulants as young as seventeen, but they must have had at least two years of work experience.

My God bless and reward all you younger discerners. (I say from my vast experience of twenty-one years).
[/quote]

My last Mass with my best friend (she was actually on holiday when I entered) we were singing fine for the psalm (I know that cos I cantored it) but were in a sobbing heap before the Gospel acc and stayed that way the whole way through!!! Goodbyes can be so hard, and its a reason I never moved back up there as by not going back we don't need another goodbye.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1319745625' post='2327838']

My last Mass with my best friend (she was actually on holiday when I entered) we were singing fine for the psalm (I know that cos I cantored it) but were in a sobbing heap before the Gospel acc and stayed that way the whole way through!!! Goodbyes can be so hard, and its a reason I never moved back up there as by not going back we don't need another goodbye.
[/quote]
Oh, how sad, but beautiful at the same time! I would be sobbing too, and I will be sobbing someday when I finally go to the convent!