An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown Until Retreat, And Grieving

cmaD2006

AccountDeleted

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1319495554' post='2326475']

I guess my surprise is the level of grief? We weren't very very close. Which is why to some degree I think its a distraction. I'm quite tempted to cancel the retreat (no ... I won't do it, but geez I so want to). Yet I know its really important that I do go on retreat, since it will refocus me vocation wise.

ugh.
[/quote]

Remember what St Ignatius said - when you enter desolation, continue on with whatever you were doing before it hit... in your case - the retreat. Afterwards you can think about things again - more clearly.

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1319499447' post='2326508']
Remember what St Ignatius said - when you enter desolation, continue on with whatever you were doing before it hit... in your case - the retreat. Afterwards you can think about things again - more clearly.
[/quote]

I'm about to re-read Fr. Gallagher's book. You're right in that I can't change directions now. Thanks :)

Thanks phamily for the prayers. I'm better ... it took a change of focus to get out of it.

I think we all have families. Some are more broken than others. I can't change my family ... the only thing I can do is to try to change myself, to let go of the resentments and the things of the past that I still hold onto.

Once I get to that point of forgiveness, *then* I can try to act in His love to see if I can help reunify what has been severely broken. But until then I can only pray for them as well as for myself.

And yeah I can plan on getting someone to bless my mom's burial plot. That will bring a lot of peace too.

Finally ... I am still *tempted* to cancel the whole retreat. I mean for the first time, the form hasn't been returned, and the deposit hasn't been made. I did communicate with the center and they know what happened last week -- and my spot is reserved.

However my spiritual director said ... "GO! It will do you a lot of good."

So ... the official countdown to retreat is 5 days. :)

Please do go! Give yourself to the Lord without reserve during these blessed few days of retreat - He awaits you with love.

[quote name='Aya Sophia' timestamp='1319679845' post='2327573']
Please do go! Give yourself to the Lord without reserve during these blessed few days of retreat - He awaits you with love.
[/quote]

Don't worry ... I will go. Especially with an "order" from my s.d. :). He didn't explicitly say "I order you to go" but when you get a "Go!" from your s.d. you tend to listen :lol:

AccountDeleted

Good - that you are going. Always before something important, one needs to retreat and spend time with God. Nuns do it before their clothing, profession etc. You need to do it too.

Days until I enter retreat: 3

Last night I *finally* sent the application for the retreat. NOT my normal. I'm just glad that the retreat house kept the reservation in place! (they did know about my aunt).

Laundry -- not done. Work -- still have to go in to finish two reports. Hair -- all roots are showing. Trip following retreat for work -- not defined (here we go again, and this is the only reason I worry about my roots showing lol). House -- a mess.

Still going ... regardless of what gets done :).

You obviously need to be there. It's gonna be good for you.

(p.s. Thanks for letting us know about the church in a pinch tonight.)

Ok -- great news ... I think on another thread (?) I mentioned I was having a ring made for a special occasion. The 1st cut of the ring was not right.

Well, surprise surprise, the 2nd cut came in today -- and I went to see it. It was beautiful -- just what I was imagining. And the timing was great -- today was the last day I could look at it before vacation. Even the person coordinating getting the ring made was excited (I could hear it on the phone).
The ring will be ready in two weeks God willing.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1319945448' post='2328812']
Ok -- great news ... I think on another thread (?) I mentioned I was having a ring made for a special occasion. The 1st cut of the ring was not right.

Well, surprise surprise, the 2nd cut came in today -- and I went to see it. It was beautiful -- just what I was imagining. And the timing was great -- today was the last day I could look at it before vacation. Even the person coordinating getting the ring made was excited (I could hear it on the phone).
[/quote]

How wonderful for you! Have a beautiful retreat and come back to your lovely ring! :love:

brandelynmarie

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1319945448' post='2328812']

[/quote]

Divine Providence & Divine Order! I am so excited for you for your 8 day retreat & that the ring will be ready soon! God is so good :blush: .

Edited by brandelynmarie