An Old School Catholic Message Board

Another Live-In Thread

the171

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1319593183' post='2327106']
like :like:
[/quote]

I used it for the first time at March for Life. All the other gals and guys had HUGE rolling things. I pack light. St.Francis is mah DAWG

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1319592467' post='2327096']
Nope, I'm homeschooled, but everyone in my family except my parents and siblings are either fallen away Catholics or just not Catholic. Today a bunch of people on FB were arguing with me that my way of worship is to "judgemental" (as they say in Standford Nutting) and that we should "all just except all ways of Catholic worship" PPPHHHH, WHATEVER! :) These people are bringing out the little bit of Padre Pio in me...
[/quote]
Yeah today it will be "too judgmental" tomorrow who knows what. Likely they are making excuses to avoid changing their lives, or they just like to argue and nitpick :idontknow: All ways of Catholic worship are acceptable, as long as they follow the GIRM or they are one of teh 20 something other valid Catholic rites like Maronite, Melkite, Chaldean etc

she_who_is_not

I want a Preaux Life sticker. Like now. That is the awesomest thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1319599528' post='2327158']
Someone said a gift. What sort of gift? A Carmelite solemnity is the day after my visit. All Carmelite Saints.
[/quote]

Really nice crusty bread! Or chee.se. We used to find (and its already been mentioned at NH) that we were given soooo many sweets and chocolates etc that we didn't notice them in quite the same way. Flowers can be good too. Depending on how well you knew the community, maybe wine - I took it to Q my forst couple of times, then found out that one of the sisters family keeps them stocked with very good wine, so i never bothered again!

An assortment of fresh fruit would probably be appreciated (fresh fruit may be in more plentiful supply in US Carmels than UK Carmels but it would be appreciated by the Sisters nonetheless).

Blessed&Grateful

this is what I took for a week-long at a Franciscan Monastery:

modest skirt/top, modest pajamas/robe, underwear/socks, comb/brush (toothpaste, deodorant shampoo), jeans/sweatshirt (I knew I was going to have garden duty), sandals/joggers. Notebook. Rosary. You need less than you think, and less is more.