An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should We Start A New Dominican And Broke Thread?

sistersintigo

"If it's Broke, Don't Fix It" yes or no?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sistersintigo

The Vocation Station Phorum has an oldie-but-goodie thread titled
The Broke Daughters of St Dominic, which you can read to find out what it's about.

Some posters like the title as it is.

Some posters want a gender-inclusive title, as for instance:
The Broke Daughters and Sons of St Dominic. This would require starting a new thread.

What do you want?

brandelynmarie

I think we should start a new thread. :) & restart the lists of Daughters, Sons & Auxillary Members. And update the Answered Prayers List as well. :saint2: :pray: :amen: My thought is to keep the requirement of praying daily for all members, but leave the manner in doing so up to each person. I think we could mention saints & litanies & devotions & such within the thread, but I do not believe we need to have a list per se as it did get kinda long. :hehe: But that is just my suggestion. But we must remember how this all started with the Dominican Litany of the Saints & as my dear Dominicans say, "Beware of the Litanies of the Dominicans!" :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint:

Most excellent idea for a poll sistersintigo!

I think a new thread, that way we can incorporate the men who are discerning.

Edited by HopefulBride

brandelynmarie
:hehe2: I'm laughing because you titled this, "If it's broke don't fix it!" Which is very true!

And so we need to start another one for those of us who are "broke" & need our finances "fixed" to continue on our journeys!

Well put! rotfl

Just to clean it up and start anew? One person volunteers to read through and make sure everything is caught up. And that becomes the 1st post of the new thread. Then people can say "add me to the list" etc.

I think it would be razzle dazzle to have the thread pinned like the entering/discerning list. and maybe a 2nd list to say "move me, add me, pray for me, etc).

However it would require someone to maintain it and I think the mods may be a bit busy ... don't know if someone who is not a mod can be given privs to do it.

Just a thought.

IgnatiusofLoyola

Although I normally tend toward wanting gender equality (when applicable and appropriate), if we were going to change the thread, I'd expand it to include all discerners--whatever order and whatever gender. I'm not feeling very creative today, so the best I could come up with is "Discerning and Broke."

I bet someone can come up with a more clever title.

brandelynmarie

Some of us are thinking "Broke Daughters & Sons of St. Dominic" but we are still open to suggestions. And yes, I would like to see it pinned at some point. :)

sistersintigo

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1319995487' post='2328984']
Although I normally tend toward wanting gender equality (when applicable and appropriate), if we were going to change the thread, I'd expand it to include all discerners--whatever order and whatever gender. I'm not feeling very creative today, so the best I could come up with is "Discerning and Broke."

I bet someone can come up with a more clever title.
[/quote]

Well, this is a noble idea, however it would be a monster to actually do it....ALL the orders, I mean.

brandelynmarie

Oh dear...it would, wouldn't it? Maybe a catchy title in Latin? :hehe:

Saint Expeditus is the Patron Saint of Procrastination and Money Issues, :saint: btw.

Edited by brandelynmarie

brandelynmarie

How about:

All Saints, Pray For Us!

Omnes Sancti, Orate Pro Nobis!

:saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint2:

(Maybe call it Omnes Sancti Group for short?)

Edited by brandelynmarie

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='sistersintigo' timestamp='1319996761' post='2328991']

Well, this is a noble idea, however it would be a monster to actually do it....ALL the orders, I mean.
[/quote]

One idea might be that, instead of trying to go through a dozen old threads, someone would simply start a new thread from scratch. Even if a person has posted before about their debts, they would also post need to post in the new thread. Besides being easier, this would help keep the thread "fresher" because it would be made up of people who are currently posting. Many discerners who had financial problems in the past: 1) Have solved them and entered. Yay!, 2) Are no longer discerning. (Which is expected and fine--the point is not discernment but to try to find and follow God's will for YOU.) 3) Are no longer posting for whatever reason.