An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should We Start A New Dominican And Broke Thread?

sistersintigo

"If it's Broke, Don't Fix It" yes or no?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1320002074' post='2329019']
How about:

All Saints, Pray For Us!

Omnes Sancti, Orate Pro Nobis!

:saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint2:

(Maybe call it Omnes Sancti Group for short?)
[/quote]

One problem is that not everyone who is discerning is (yet) fluent in Latin. Some posters might not immediately understand what "Omnes Sancti" means. Of course it's easy to use an online translator, but on a "quick read" some posters might not realize the group applies to them or at that moment, they don't have time to use an online translator and forget to go back later. A Latin name is a good thing--but a translation right next to the name might help the thread attract more posters.

I vote for it staying as "Broke Daughters (and Sons) of St. Dominic"

If you look the litany included many more saints than just St. Dominic. But there was such grace within this simple grouping that I honestly think that it should continue using that somewhat new name (the inclusion of the sons).

Changing the name to those that were suggested above just doesn't have the same umph.

Oh and to further explain -- those that were entrusted under the group's care were NOT necesarily discerners to a Dominican order (I certainly was not). It was those who needed help paying down their debts, especially for entrance into a religious community or the seminary.

I hopped onboard soon after the thread was started ... passionheart (aka Sr. Veronica) started it. I was discerning two different communities, and neither were dominican.

brandelynmarie
:hehe: It's all coming back to me now...lol. So, how about a new thread with the same title. Keep the Discerners (Daughters & Sons) with debts to be paid off & the Auxillaries...anyone who wants to pray for us...& those who have had prayers answered & are in religious life.

• 3 weeks later...

*bumpity, bump, bump*

Whatever happens, new list or old list, can I be added in please? Pretty please? Pretty please with cherries and chocolate bits on top?

:nun3: