Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

How We Met Stories...


Recommended Posts

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='Quietfire' date='May 1 2004, 08:18 PM'] well obviously....I survived! [/quote]
What? That's it? :o

I think we all figured you lived to tell the tale... :lol:

more please... <_<

Quietfire
Posted

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH ALLLLLLLLLrighty,then!

we did meet in high school, we were both seniors,he was dating a junior and i was dating a guy from college.
we were in a class together and from the first day I had a crush on him (I found out later he had one on me) but we never said anything. We would talk and do the old my my boyfriend/girlfriend is better than yours thing. Laughed alot, and all that.

Our teacher asked him to rip a cabinet down from the back wall to make room for something and David asked for assistance. Of course I was more than willing to help. David played macho and pulled the cabinet down from the top and I was under it. I ducked at the last moment just in time to see the cabinet and David hit the floor. So I lived and accused him of attempted murder.

We still continued our friendship. We graduated, and moved on with our lives...separately.

Posted

[quote]I was working at Taco Bell. My wife came in to eat. I asked her for her phone number and she said no. I got her phone number from her sister instead. I called her twice and she wouldn't talk to me. About a month later she called me because she was mad at her boyfriend. It backfired. The end. [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever heard come out of your mouth, dUSt!

How romantic.

dUSt...you're sooooooo dreamy!

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='Quietfire' date='May 1 2004, 08:36 PM'] We still continued our friendship. We graduated, and moved on with our lives...separately. [/quote]
Awwwww... Part 3, please?

Livin_the_MASS
Posted

Me and my wife met at the bowling alley, she was hot, I was not, but she felt sorry for me and went out with me. Dated for a year then got married. A year later we had our first child, then three years later after that we had our second. The End :P

Posted

We hooked up at a rocky mountain oyster cook-off.

Yup. That's how you know you're a hick. (PM me if you don't know what they are) :cowboy: :farmer: :guitar: :cowboy:

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='mamalove' date='May 1 2004, 09:04 PM'] We hooked up at a rocky mountain oyster cook-off.

Yup. That's how you know you're a hick. (PM me if you don't know what they are) :cowboy: :farmer: :guitar: :cowboy: [/quote]
Where do you get oysters in the Rocky Mountains???

Quietfire
Posted (edited)

I figured you all would be bored by now.

Ok.
I ran into Dave some eight years later. He was engaged and I was still with the same guy(not married)

I congratulated them and asked to see the ring (its a girl thing, ya know) she claimed that it was getting sized. I asked how long had they been engaged (7 months) and the big date (in 2 months) wished them well and left.

Ran into David on my birthday the following year. My brother was enrolled in this 'robotic boxing' contest at a local bar and asked me to come and give moral support. So I showed up and one of the contestants was David.

We hugged and I asked where his wife was.(they should have been married for 7 months by now) and he promptly told me that she left him after seven weeks. Thinking he was kidding, I asked if he had tried to 'kill' her too. He laughed, I laughed and we started doing the 'catching up' thing.

About a month or so later, I was driving past the bar (the same one) and saw his truck and decided to see how he was, so I popped in.
We spoke for a while and my brother showed up and we all hung out for a while.
I decided that it was time to go, so my bro and I left. While I was in my car, Dave came running up and asked for my phone number. Told him I was with someone, but I promised we'd stay in touch. And we did. We hung out together, and became friends.

I had decided it was time to move on with my life as far as the other guy was concerned so I ended it.
Dave asked me out, like an official date, about 3 months later. I accepted.
Thats when he told me he had had a crush on me since high school. I then told him I had had one on him as well in high school.

We got engaged on my birthday 4 years later, he told me that the day he asked for my number, he had just told his best friend that he was gonna marry me. His friend said, 'well, how ya gonna ask her to marry you if you dont have her number!"
We got married the following year. It will be eight years this October.

BUT he still tried to kill me in high school.

did I win a prize for originality?!

Edited by Quietfire
Posted

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='May 1 2004, 09:06 PM'] Where do you get oysters in the Rocky Mountains??? [/quote]
That's just what they are called. They have nothing to do with oysters, or the Rocky Mountains for that matter. I would flat out tell you what they are, but I'm afraid it might cause this thread to move to the Back Alley. Gross when you think about it, and they give you heartburn, but tasty too!! Like I said. It's a hick thing.

Livin_the_MASS
Posted

[quote name='mamalove' date='May 1 2004, 10:15 PM'] That's just what they are called. They have nothing to do with oysters, or the Rocky Mountains for that matter. I would flat out tell you what they are, but I'm afraid it might cause this thread to move to the Back Alley. Gross when you think about it, and they give you heartburn, but tasty too!! Like I said. It's a hick thing. [/quote]
:thinking:

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote]did I win a prize for originality?! [/quote]


:lol: Okay... sure... And now, everyone... all together... "Awwwwwwwwww"

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='mamalove' date='May 1 2004, 09:15 PM'] That's just what they are called. They have nothing to do with oysters, or the Rocky Mountains for that matter. I would flat out tell you what they are, but I'm afraid it might cause this thread to move to the Back Alley. Gross when you think about it, and they give you heartburn, but tasty too!! Like I said. It's a hick thing. [/quote]
:nono:

Quietfire
Posted

Oh, and Dave won the 'robotic boxing' contest.

(he was very upset that I didnt include that)

marielapin
Posted

[quote name='mamalove' date='May 1 2004, 10:15 PM'] That's just what they are called. They have nothing to do with oysters, or the Rocky Mountains for that matter. I would flat out tell you what they are, but I'm afraid it might cause this thread to move to the Back Alley. Gross when you think about it, and they give you heartburn, but tasty too!! Like I said. It's a hick thing. [/quote]
I know what they are! (that's what you get from living in AL for so many years) Jared knows too (he's a KY boy).

I've never had them nor have the desire to try them.

Ya'll are just crazy! :P

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

im gonna have to read this thread :wub: :hearts:

CreepyCrawler
Posted

bump again.

you guys are so cute. i esp. like the 'my husband tried to kill me...' that's pretty cool.

Posted

Ok ... here goes.

For years and years, my Grandfather was the Chaplain for the local Boy Scout Council. He spent summers working in Northern Michigan at the BS camp. I spent at least 2 weeks a summer with my grandparents at the camp. Starting when I was about, um 8.

So, when I was 16, I decided I might as well get paid for being there. And, I got a job working in the office up there for the summer.

The first girl staff member ever.

In the midst of all this maleness, I met Jeff. Jeff was 19. Jeff's dad, who was a Scoutmaster, had met my Grandfather before either of us was born.

We did no dating while we worked up there. (that was part of the rules!) But we hung out on off hours.

When we got back home, I stressed until he called. He lived in the same county as me.

He called a week after we got back.

So, lets see.

Met at 16 & 19.

Engaged at 21 & 25.

Married at 22 & 25.

Now a family at 32 & 35.

Been together 16 years, Married for 10.

God is good.

:)

Moral of the story? Boy scout camps are great pick up joints for girls. :)

Quietfire
Posted

great story. I'll send all the kids there, if I ever have any.

Thomas Michael
Posted

Well, I thought I saved the E-mails we wrote to each other, but I'm not seeing them anywhere on the old Mac. Well, suffice it to say we talked through e-mail and the phone, arranged to meet at Ridgmar Mall in west Fort Worth, and when we kissed goodbye, I knew I had met someone extra special. :wub:

CreepyCrawler
Posted (edited)

Love in Indiana, awww! :) I think I saw your picture.. you guys are cute! (if it's not you, then someone is cute!) :plunger:

Edited by CreepyCrawler

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...