Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted May 4, 2004 Posted May 4, 2004 Umm...we were in a Bible Study group called First Priority. I had the hots for him and really wanted to go out with him; he wanted nothing to do with me. I went away for Basic Training, come back and go back to work, he's there. He ends up getting the hots for me and really wanting to go out with me, but I didn't want anything to do with him. He asked me to give him a chance, though....so I did....
homeschoolmom Posted May 4, 2004 Posted May 4, 2004 ohhh... that's just like Ross and Rachel from Friends... pass the klenex...
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted May 4, 2004 Posted May 4, 2004 :laugh: Well...I [b]did[/b] break up with him twice! I guess the third time [b]really[/b] is the charm! :laugh:
homeschoolmom Posted May 4, 2004 Posted May 4, 2004 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='May 4 2004, 12:07 AM'] :laugh: Well...I [b]did[/b] break up with him twice! I guess the third time [b]really[/b] is the charm! :laugh: [/quote] Ah, but I bet he didn't say your name when he was trying to marry some other girl...
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted May 4, 2004 Posted May 4, 2004 :rotfl: [i]I take you, Rachel...[/i] :rotfl: he did 'date' another girl, though..but that only lasted like a few minutes! No...a friend of mine wanted to date Adam, so they hung out for a week or two, and she thought that they were dating....Adam didnt....
homeschoolmom Posted May 4, 2004 Posted May 4, 2004 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='May 4 2004, 12:14 AM'] No...a friend of mine wanted to date Adam, so they hung out for a week or two, and she thought that they were dating....Adam didnt.... [/quote] EEKS... how embarrassing for her...
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted May 4, 2004 Posted May 4, 2004 eh...I broke up what she thought was a date, though! They had put a movie in and it had a lot of bad words...so...I say...yeah...this is really a clean movie! She got mad cause I kept counting the number of bad words that the movie said. This was at Adam's house. They were watching a movie, I was getting my income taxes done!
Tink Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 [color=#ff0066]I am SOOOO in love with this thread! I can't wait till I have a story to share on here!! Hey, maybe with another phatmasser! Lord, make me content in being a Lady in waiting! *sigh* Y'all just make me melt![/color]
Tink Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 [color=#ff0066] I always kill the threads.... [/color]
onathing1 Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 [quote name='Tink' date='Nov 1 2005, 11:53 AM'][color=#ff0066] I always kill the threads.... [/color] [right][snapback]775794[/snapback][/right] [/quote] aw dont cry..here i'll start it up again. I met my ex in fencing class. I was the only girl with a bunch of guys, and no one could beat him, and he got a little cocky about it one day while he was talking to me for the first time. Well, guess who beat him on the first try? and he wasn't even going easy on me. We're not dating anymore, but we're really close friends.
RemnantRules Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 awww Tink know you don't, if anything I'm the master at killing threads
Tink Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 [quote name='RemnantRules' date='Nov 1 2005, 10:59 AM']awww Tink know you don't, if anything I'm the master at killing threads [right][snapback]775799[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [color=#ff0055] Haha but of course, I shall lovingly let you claim the title of Thread Killer [/color]
Luthien Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 [quote name='Tink' date='Nov 1 2005, 12:26 AM'][color=#ff0066]I am SOOOO in love with this thread! I can't wait till I have a story to share on here!! Hey, maybe with another phatmasser! [/color] [right][snapback]775571[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Sojourner Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 I find it's a great conversation starter to ask couples how they met. Most times those are good stories and people like talking about them.
zabbazooey Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 [quote name='onathing1' date='Nov 1 2005, 09:59 AM']aw dont cry..here i'll start it up again. I met my ex in fencing class. I was the only girl with a bunch of guys, and no one could beat him, and he got a little cocky about it one day while he was talking to me for the first time. Well, guess who beat him on the first try? and he wasn't even going easy on me. We're not dating anymore, but we're really close friends. [right][snapback]775797[/snapback][/right] [/quote] What's his name? Just wondering....
onathing1 Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 [quote name='zabbazooey' date='Nov 1 2005, 01:03 PM'] What's his name? Just wondering.... [right][snapback]775840[/snapback][/right] [/quote] haha, you think you know him?
franciscanheart Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='May 1 2004, 10:18 PM'] Okay... sure... And now, everyone... all together... "Awwwwwwwwww" [right][snapback]182208[/snapback][/right] [/quote] awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [quote name='Azriel' date='May 2 2004, 11:36 AM']Ok ... here goes. For years and years, my Grandfather was the Chaplain for the local Boy Scout Council. He spent summers working in Northern Michigan at the BS camp. I spent at least 2 weeks a summer with my grandparents at the camp. Starting when I was about, um 8. So, when I was 16, I decided I might as well get paid for being there. And, I got a job working in the office up there for the summer. The first girl staff member ever. In the midst of all this maleness, I met Jeff. Jeff was 19. Jeff's dad, who was a Scoutmaster, had met my Grandfather before either of us was born. We did no dating while we worked up there. (that was part of the rules!) But we hung out on off hours. When we got back home, I stressed until he called. He lived in the same county as me. He called a week after we got back. So, lets see. Met at 16 & 19. Engaged at 21 & 25. Married at 22 & 25. Now a family at 32 & 35. Been together 16 years, Married for 10. God is good. Moral of the story? Boy scout camps are great pick up joints for girls. [right][snapback]182654[/snapback][/right] [/quote] *goes to find the nearest boy scout camp* [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='May 3 2004, 02:54 PM']Here's my engagement story: Adam and I had plans to go bowling with Roger, my former neighbor on Saturday night, but then Adam couldn't find any good places so he decided miniture golf instead. I called Roger and had him call me back. When Roger called me back he said that he couldn't make it, so it was just me and Adam that went miniture golfing, and was a little sad because he couldn't meet Roger that day. I led most of the game, cause I used to play it every day when I went to camp, so I was pretty good. Well, I fell down on the rocks and almost twisted or sprained my ankle, but thankfully didn't. Well....we got to the 17th hole and it was all tied up, and Adam gets the hole in two or three strokes, I had to take my five, by the end of the 18th hole, Adam had beaten me by 5 strokes. Not bad, eh? After miniture golf, we headed back to his house, so that he could "get a sweater", which he did, but he also got something else. The ring. We went to TGI Fridays downtown and was waited on by a waiter who winked and hit on Adam, yes, I did say waiter on purpose and did not forget the -ress! I orded my usual, grilled chicken ceasar salad minus black olives and tomatoes with a side of ranch dressing, and I also got a stuffed potato, and it was GOOD!!!! yum, yum!!!! (During dinner he told me that he wanted to use a coupon that was good (I made him coupons for Valentine's Day.)) After dinner, we went for a walk, after stopping by the car to drop off the part of the salad that I didn't eat. We walked downtown for a while until we got to a museum, the Gerald R. Ford Museum, to be exact. In front of this museum is a fountain that is lit up and is very romantic at night. Unfortunately, there were two people making out in front of the fountain. So, he and I ended up going down by the river, which runs through downtown, and is right below the museum. While we were down by the river, Adam slipped the coupon into my hand and said, "Don't open it yet." So, I didnt. He and talked about the night and other stuff I don't quite remember, and while we were talking he kept reaching into his pocket, pulling something out and playing with it in his hands. When he was doing that I was thinking, he's going to propose! and then when he put it back in, I thought, maybe not. Well....All was well until two people started arguing behind us and we got sick of it. So, we moved, Adam wanted to go back to the fountain, but the grass was wet and I didn't want to get my feet wet, so he carried me all the way up the hill... When we sat down by the fountain I looked at him and said, "So, when do I get to look at this?" referring to the coupon. He said later. So, I waited. Time passed and we flirted, all the time unaware that he was going to really propose! About ten minutes later, we move again and sit by the pool part of the fountain. Which, now that I think of it, we sat there so he could see in the light. At this point, Adam got up moved to the other side of me, and then sat down again. He did that twice, in a row, and then I said, "Would you just pick a spot?!" cause it was getting annoying. I then said, "so, do I get to look at this soon?" and he said, "ya." He then dropped down on one knee and pulled out a piece of paper that he had written the speech on. It read as following: Teresa, We have been together for a year now in a steady courtship, we have known each other for about three years. There have been really wonderful times fille dwith joy, and ther have been some really tough times when we didn't know if we'd be able to be together. All of it has been exciting. Through all this we've put God at the center and we've let Him be in charge. He has let us be together for a yaer now, and I believe that he wants us to be together even longer. For a life time. Teresa, I love you (this is where he looked up at me) (looking back down) And I want to live the rest of my life, waking up by your side. I know there will be tough times, I know that along the way some dreams will have to be sacrificed and others realized. As on every journey in life wel will experience the mountains and the valleys. I can't imagine taking this journey with any other person. (Then he told me to look at the coupon. On the coupon it said You Choose ( that's the title I gave it) on the other side he wrote, in the upper left hand corner, "I choose you", and then in the middle of the coupon he wrote, "Will you marry me?") (Choking on tears I said yes, as he was saying) So Teresa..... (then he said it, after I said yes) Will you marry me? He opened the box and in it was the prettiest ring I've ever seen. The ring was a gold band with a princess cut diamond. Then he took the ring and said, "Now.....which hand does it go on again?" And after he put it on, he gave me a hug and said, "Oh, there's one more thing!" Then he kissed me on my cheek. And that, my friends, is the entire story! Oh yes, the proposal itself started at 11:10 PM! Hope you enjoyed my story! ~Teresa~ This can be found at www.geocities.com/flyfree432/engagement.html [right][snapback]183697[/snapback][/right] [/quote] thats so sweet. [quote name='Tink' date='Nov 1 2005, 12:26 AM'][color=#ff0066]I am SOOOO in love with this thread! I can't wait till I have a story to share on here!! Hey, maybe with another phatmasser! Lord, make me content in being a Lady in waiting! *sigh* Y'all just make me melt![/color] [right][snapback]775571[/snapback][/right] [/quote] amen! Lord, make me content in being a Lady in waiting!!
annie Posted November 1, 2005 Posted November 1, 2005 My senior year in college I broke up with my bf of 4 years (Jewish dude) and was sworn off dating. My roommates decided to meet at BGSU at a bar called Uptown. I was set up to meet Doug, and my roomie was set up to meet his roommate Mike. The music was loud, and I ordered a Scotch at the bar, because I got there (off of work) before everyone else. When they arrived, one of them came up to me and said, "Where have you been all my life?" and I answered, "Which ******* are you?" (thought it was the worst line I ever heard).. Turned out he was pretty cute, and we danced all evening. We hit it off. Oooops, turned out it was MIKE and not Doug. Cleared that up the next day when I could hear again. We dated (and yes, my roomie dated Doug, but only for a month or so) and a year later got engaged, and the year after that got married. At that time I was an Evangelical, and after dating an nice Jewish boy for 4 years, would have dated just about any religion EXCEPT a Catholic. I was pretty anti-Catholic. I did convert, and fell in love with Mother Church. It was not as easy as it sounds, but thanks to a CRHP group and authors like Scott Hahn, it happened. We have been married 18 years so far (three kids, 5 houses, 4 jobs and 5 Guinea pigs later!).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now