An Old School Catholic Message Board

2011 Candidates For The Franciscan Sisters Of The Renewal

OnlySunshine

I happened to look on the Sisters' website and found quite a surprise! They have posted the bios of their 2011 candidates who will become postulants in February 2012.

[url="http://franciscansisterscfr.com/candidates_2011_new.htm"]Sister Candidates 2011[/url]

They have also posted 2 articles and 1 video (scroll down to the bottom of their website):

http://www.franciscansisterscfr.com/

It's lovely seeing the candidates with the novices! I love those pictures at the bottom. Makes my heart ache to see them again. God, I wish I was called there! The work they do and the life they lead is INCREDIBLE! I felt so blessed to spend time with them for a weekend. I wonder if I could visit them again even though I am not called there? If I could afford it, I'd love to go again. :)

Exciting! It's fantastic to see this community grow! I was just reading about them on the CMSWR page, and saw they were founded by Cardinal O'Connor in New York. He was such an inspiration for the outreach of religious life. He was instrumental in the foundation of the Sisters of Life, the DSMME, and it seems at least one more. Wow!

They were actually founded by Fr. Andrew Apostoli, CFR. The CMSWR website says that they were founded under the "auspices" (which means kindly favor) or Cardinal O'Connor. When new communities are forming they need to have the permission of a bishop.

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1320241952' post='2330232']
Exciting! It's fantastic to see this community grow! I was just reading about them on the CMSWR page, and saw they were founded by Cardinal O'Connor in New York. He was such an inspiration for the outreach of religious life. He was instrumental in the foundation of the Sisters of Life, the DSMME, and it seems at least one more. Wow!
[/quote]

Jennyanne is correct. Cardinal O'Connor only founded the Sisters of Life. ;)

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1320285020' post='2330586']
Lovely to see these, I love this community so, so much!
[/quote]

They are VERY popular! I hope they receive many more vocations! :)

[quote name='Chiara Francesco' timestamp='1320289394' post='2330631']
Anyone know their entrance requirements? Like age limits, etc?
[/quote]

Age limit is 21-35.
No college degree necessary.
No medication or medical problems as they are a mendicant order with no health insurance.
No dowry needed.
Every candidate goes for medical, dental, and psychological exams.

If you would like to know anything else, let me know. I visited them in January 2010 and know a lot about them. ;)

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1320321693' post='2330726']
Okay, I have a question. How is one of the candidates 20? I know they are supposed to be 21...
[/quote]

My guess is she'll be 21 when she becomes a postulant.... ??